From Clubcall so total bollocks, but.....

Craig

....I know how some of you like to 'cling' to shite rumours in the vain hope there may be a modicum of truth in it...

Newcastle United - Toon eye O'Neill

Former Celtic supremo Martin O'Neill is being linked with a move to Newcastle United if they part company with under-pressure boss Graeme Souness.

The Toon are currently languishing near the foot of the Premiership table and rumours of a managerial change are gathering steam.

Some reports are claiming that Souness could have as little as two or three matches to produce an upturn in fortunes - or face the sack from chairman Freddy Shepherd.

O'Neill, who stepped down as Celtic manager at the end of last season to care for his sick wife, is being mooted as a potential replacement if there was a boss reshuffle on Tyneside.

Clubcall

Friday 16th September 2005

Source: http://www.clubcall.com/vsite/vcontent/con...ws-item,00.html

I was talking to a guy who is a Celtic season ticket holder who said O'Neil was big on the long ball. Liked to have a big strong CF to launch it up to.

Sounds great.....

34065[/snapback]

he was at Leicester n all... but he has quality backroom staff who seem to get the best out of limited options, cause how on earth that Celtic team got to a Uefa Cup final... some of the players are piss poor... barring King Henrik

The clock is ticking for Souness after crisis talks with players

Michael Walker and Matt Scott

Friday September 16, 2005

The Guardian

Newcastle United, with one win in their last 15 Premiership matches in a dismal run stretching back to early March, held a frank meeting between players and management to discover how the team might improve. Last Sunday's meeting was called by the manager Graeme Souness at the club's training ground, where the squad had been ordered to report for extra training by the chairman Freddy Shepherd after the 1-1 home draw with Fulham.

It is not known what was said at the gathering but the very fact it happened reveals a high level of anxiety at the club. If Sunderland were to beat West Brom tomorrow, Newcastle would go to Blackburn Rovers on Sunday at the bottom of the Premiership. Craig Bellamy is expected to face his old team and would relish inflicting further pain on Souness, having been sold after their spectacular falling-out last season.

Injuries have been unkind to Souness and Newcastle will again field a patched-up midfield at Ewood Park but Shepherd will listen to such arguments for only so long. There is already some discord between chairman and manager and the home game against Manchester City a week tomorrow has assumed significance in supporters' minds, and among staff, as a must-win fixture. The following week Newcastle go to Portsmouth, giving Souness three matches in which to alter the results and the mood, or the name of Martin O'Neill, already mentioned at St James', will become increasingly popular.

As somebody above said O'Neil would bring in the kind of proffesionalism and quality coaching/backroom staff needed and would get the very bes out of the talent at his disposal as supposed to Souness getting the very worst out of most of what he has.

His style of play would be open to question though like Allardyce i think he's capable of producing good football if his resouces, money and talent available are suited to good football.

As somebody above said O'Neil would bring in the kind of proffesionalism and quality coaching/backroom staff needed and would get the very bes out of the talent at his disposal as supposed to Souness getting the very worst out of most of what he has.

His style of play would be open to question though like Allardyce i think he's capable of producing good football if his resouces, money and talent available are suited to good football.

34082[/snapback]

precisley because he never had no money at Leicester... and got treated very badly by the Celtic board moneywise... and was screwed by Mourinho and his diving Porto too

As I mentioned with the difference between Allardyce & Souness, what are the differences between O'Neill at Leicester & Celtic, and Souness at Blackburn & Rangers???

We HAVE to look abroad. There's nobody in Britain, barring the big 4 clubs' managers who could push us on.

Ranieri anyone?

As I mentioned with the difference between Allardyce & Souness, what are the differences between O'Neill at Leicester & Celtic, and Souness at Blackburn & Rangers???

We HAVE to look abroad. There's nobody in Britain, barring the big 4 clubs' managers who could push us on.

Ranieri anyone?

34128[/snapback]

Gibbering gimp tbh.

:lol:

Ranieri anyone?

34128[/snapback]

Gibbering gimp tbh.

34131[/snapback]

Great comedic value and top bloke, but couldn't win things at Chelsea with as much money as he wanted and was nothing special, also pisses about too much.

Ranieri anyone?

34128[/snapback]

Gibbering gimp tbh.

34131[/snapback]

But very expressive eyebrows :nufc:

_39069921_pearce200.jpg

34149[/snapback]

Unlikely to be keen on the managerial graveyard that is SJP. Would be a huge job for him.

34173[/snapback]

I was at the match sitting on the side of the pitch he came over to (vs. Spain, Euro 96). Legend tbh.

_39069921_pearce200.jpg

34149[/snapback]

Looks to be in the process of a doing a very good job at man city, but would have no reason to leave it and take over here i suspect, though i do imagine he's a choice Fat fred would be keen on as he's the eptiome of the "english Bulldog spirit" people tend to waffle on about and which would be right up Fat Freds street.

He could well have ended up our boss if Gullit hadn't shoved him out of our club. we'd have been able to play him as a centreback for quite a while as West Ham did, then he could have joined our coaching staff and ultimately taken over here.

_39069921_pearce200.jpg

34149[/snapback]

Unlikely to be keen on the managerial graveyard that is SJP. Would be a huge job for him.

34173[/snapback]

I was at the match sitting on the side of the pitch he came over to (vs. Spain, Euro 96). Legend tbh.

34176[/snapback]

You're kidding!!

I was in that part of the ground too, but a bit more towards the other goal.

I thought we were outplayed......

_39069921_pearce200.jpg

34149[/snapback]

34173[/snapback]

34176[/snapback]

You're kidding!!

I was in that part of the ground too, but a bit more towards the other goal.

I thought we were outplayed......

34187[/snapback]

Spain were the better side and unlucky on the day. Shearer nearly scored after about 30 seconds and that was about as good as it got for England until the pens. Spain had a goal ruled out for offside which the telly showed to be onside too.

Ranieri anyone?

34128[/snapback]

Gibbering gimp tbh.

34131[/snapback]

Great comedic value and top bloke, but couldn't win things at Chelsea with as much money as he wanted and was nothing special, also pisses about too much.

34139[/snapback]

As far as I'm concerned, thats a myth. Its something we'll never know now, of course, but I think it would've been very interesting to see how Ranieri did in the second season he never got. Half the money that was spent was on players he had no interest in (see Veron etc.), whilst virtually every good player Chelsea have (including all these "great finds") were his buys - I hearly people wrongly accredit Cech, Robben and others to Mourinho, which is an injustice, frankly.

I hearly people wrongly accredit Cech, Robben and others to Mourinho, which is an injustice, frankly.

34203[/snapback]

Very true.....

They were Peter Kenyon purchases...

I hearly people wrongly accredit Cech, Robben and others to Mourinho, which is an injustice, frankly.

34203[/snapback]

Very true.....

34208[/snapback]

As far as i remember, (but can't say i really care either way) Mourinho was already taking over and gave Chelsea/Kenyon a list of players he wanted and they went after them for him.

34203[/snapback]

Very true.....

34208[/snapback]

As far as i remember, (but can't say i really care either way) Mourinho was already taking over and gave Chelsea/Kenyon a list of players he wanted and they went after them for him.

34214[/snapback]

That's the runour....

What is known is that Ranieri had absolutely no input on them arriving!

34203[/snapback]

Very true.....

34208[/snapback]

34214[/snapback]

That's the runour....

What is known is that Ranieri had absolutely no input on them arriving!

34215[/snapback]

Yeah, definitely nowt to do with Ranieri and i doubt Kenyon is a font of all knowledge as regards top players so its pretty obvious Mourinho dictated that all those players were bought.