5/6/7/11 a side footy thread

smoggeordie

played at lunchtime today in pissing down rain, 5aside on half a full pitch, was shattered, then got asked to play again at 6pm 5aside indoor which i did...tweaked my calf muscle in the last two minutes, went through over stretched to put one past the keeper and felt it "grip", went jogging back to nets did it again. pretty much seized up now

that;s me out of action for 1-2weeks i'd guess

Rest Ice Compression and Elevation.

You'll be grand in a couple of days if you take it easy(no stretching, etc.)

• Replies 715
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what sort of stuff are you playing on KD?

Grass ;)

The pitches are all rock hard though atm

:o

how come? weather cant have been baking them that much up there surely?

played at lunchtime today in pissing down rain, 5aside on half a full pitch, was shattered, then got asked to play again at 6pm 5aside indoor which i did...tweaked my calf muscle in the last two minutes, went through over stretched to put one past the keeper and felt it "grip", went jogging back to nets did it again. pretty much seized up now

that;s me out of action for 1-2weeks i'd guess

Rest Ice Compression and Elevation.

You'll be grand in a couple of days if you take it easy(no stretching, etc.)

Shearer got it correct:

Ice bath ;)

what sort of stuff are you playing on KD?

Grass :)

The pitches are all rock hard though atm

;)

how come? weather cant have been baking them that much up there surely?

You would be surprised. Even when it hoyed down last week, the grass was wet but underneath was like concrete. I've been playing in blades but Im having problems with the front blade rubbing on my big toes.

Could do with some of these but I have wide feet and these are about as narrow as you can get!

1747.jpg

Lost last night, not pissed off though it was a cracking match, quick and competitive all tue way through, also after moaning about refs earlier we had a proper ref last night best we've had I reckon and the game was better for it

Could do with some of these but I have wide feet and these are about as narrow as you can get!

1747.jpg

The lotto and umbro versions are allegedly wider.

PDS002014559.jpg

PDS002005529.jpg

Both nice but how much? This will be my 3rd pair of boots so Im looking at £50 or under really

Finished 3rd in our league last night. The team who were in 3rd drew 5-5 with the league leaders after going 5-1 up. The leaders scored 2 in the last 5 minutes to get the draw, including 1with the last kick of the game.

Knowing that, we had to go out and win to secure 3rd. We won 4-3! Really good considering we were 7th at the half way point in the season.

So we were top of the league, I'd scored 6 goals in 3 games and we were playing the bottom team. I invited my Mrs and my family to watch the game thinking we would walk the game!

Except we go into it thinking we are Brazil and get battled off the park and lose 2-1. I get one pass into the box all game, the defender steals it off my toe and in a paddy I pull his shirt back, the ball rolls free and waiting for the refs whistle I just smash it as hard as I can from 6 yards, straight over the bar, only to turn around and find the ref has waved play on!

Had a full day planned, saw NUFC win 6-0, saw Durham win at the cricket then won the local pub quiz, but all I could think about last night was skying that fucking shot :cuppa: