Chelski

Rob W

Apparently Chelsea normally fly to further flung away games (us, the match coming up v Boro, European ties) by private jet and would stay in a nice hotel the night before the game. 

The cost of the private jet is c.£50k per game. They've got £20k to cover everything. :lol:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Apparently Chelsea normally fly to further flung away games (us, the match coming up v Boro, European ties) by private jet and would stay in a nice hotel the night before the game. 

The cost of the private jet is c.£50k per game. They've got £20k to cover everything. :lol:

A private jet the size they need is probably more. Plus accommodation etc oh well two up and two down in a YHA init

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

8BFA988F-03B8-4E8F-9A7E-33A94FECB62C.gif

• Haha 4

:lol:

Seriously, how are they getting to away games in the CL?

This is fantastic! If they don't set off in a vintage London Double-Decker with *Back in the USSR* blaring from the upper deck megaphone then the logistics manager needs sacking.

• Haha 8

On 11/03/2022 at 13:57, Rayvin said:

I can't see how it is fundamentally different to the Ukraine situation.

I'm late in reading this but what the fuck? The situations are completely different. Yemen is in a state of civil war, SA is the lead  of a coalition against the rebels who seized power, along with nearly every other Arab nation and African nations in the region. The rebels are shiite Muslims sponsored by Iran and therefore indirectly by Russia. Their manifesto is vitriolically anti-west, they literally want to destroy us. SA are not invading Yemen  they were providing strategic attacks against them sponsored by the UK and US. In fact, we actually launched the missiles for them. During this process they have killed countless civilians and there is now a famine threatening millions. It's a complete shit show.

I'm not condoning any of this and wahabism as a religion disgusts me. But lets not equate this with what Putin is doing, which is invading a completely innocent democratic sovereign state in Europe, deliberately targeting civilians, and threatening nuclear war. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

I haven't read all the comments, but I presume some are posing the question of what if the same thing that's happened to Chelsea happens to us given who our owners are. I admit that would really pour a few million gallons of piss in our collective cornflakes, and make the lovely cognitive dissonance we've been cultivating all but impossible to maintain. Having said all that the realpolitik reading of the situation is that the Saudi's have been partners with the Western powers for a very long time, you just need to see the amount of weapons and logistical support they have given over the years, and even though a week is a long time in politics, it would take something pretty major for the the US, UK etc to turn their backs on Saudi and to begin sanctioning them. Perhaps the relationship will change fundamentally when we become less dependent on oil, but that could be decades away yet given how relatively unreliable renewables still are, at least in terms of storing energy. 

Edited by Polarboy

1 hour ago, Renton said:

I'm late in reading this but what the fuck? The situations are completely different. Yemen is in a state of civil war, SA is the lead  of a coalition against the rebels who seized power, along with nearly every other Arab nation and African nations in the region. The rebels are shiite Muslims sponsored by Iran and therefore indirectly by Russia. Their manifesto is vitriolically anti-west, they literally want to destroy us. SA are not invading Yemen  they were providing strategic attacks against them sponsored by the UK and US. In fact, we actually launched the missiles for them. During this process they have killed countless civilians and there is now a famine threatening millions. It's a complete shit show.

I'm not condoning any of this and wahabism as a religion disgusts me. But lets not equate this with what Putin is doing, which is invading a completely innocent democratic sovereign state in Europe, deliberately targeting civilians, and threatening nuclear war. 

The Saudis are killing civilians in Yemen and Russia is killing them in Ukraine. That's all I was getting at really.

I don't believe there's ever a good reason to kill innocent people. But I'm going to bow out of these topics now anyway as I'm emotionally drained from all of this.

34 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

68f46k.jpg

:lol:

My bad - I mean it's got me into such a rage that I've already punched several holes through my bedroom wall in sheer, unsuppressed masculine anger. I've calmed to the point of pacing around the house and beating my chest but I don't fancy having to redecorate another room :cuppa: 

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Rayvin said:

The Saudis are killing civilians in Yemen and Russia is killing them in Ukraine. That's all I was getting at really.

I don't believe there's ever a good reason to kill innocent people. But I'm going to bow out of these topics now anyway as I'm emotionally drained from all of this.

Are the Saudis deliberately targeting civilians? I don't know, I really hope not. But come on man, you know there is nuance in all this. The Saudis are aiding in the fight if against the Houthis. This is literally written on their flag "Allah is Greater, Death to America, Death to Israel, Curse on the Jews, Victory to Islam". 

So let's not pretend there is equivalence here, there isn't. The regime the Saudis are targeting are even worse than them.  And if people don't know this, they should be informed. There is no equivalence with Putin or Russia. 

BTW, yes, I'm drained of it too. I just hope the righteous geordies slay the evil Russian enablists tomorrow.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, Gemmill said:

If true, there's also a good chance that their heads will be all over the shop on Sunday. 

Actually feel like they will be more motivated as a result of this.

The more I think about it, the more I convince myself we're gonna get a result here.  Three days of parping yourself, ringing round agents and lawyers trying to work out what's happening is not the ideal preparation to face Eddie Howe and The Runaway Sensations.  I'd be happier if Joelinton is back in the team to give us a bit more steel in midfield, but either way.