Sportdaq

Gemmill

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do the share prices go up because the listed star get publicity (ie Rooney) or because they win something (ie someone could win a world championship but in an obscure sport) or a combination of the two?

34890[/snapback]

Share prices go up as the demand for them increases - i.e. based on how many people are buying them. The key is to buy them at a low price, keep an eye on their progress and then sell them when their value peaks. If you look at the Movers/Losers section it will tell you who is popular at the time.

It also pays out dividends on a Thursday based on the amount of press coverage that a sports personality receives over the week, although you have to have owned shares in them from the Monday I think.

Actually - this explains it better than I can cos I'm only just getting used to it myself..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sportdaq/insideline/howtoplay.shtml

Why has Owens value plumetted today? He scored yesterday, we won and it was the main story on most of the sports pages today???

35543[/snapback]

Sometimes there doesn't seem much rhyme or reason to share price movements. I think he's plummetted because he's still massively overpriced from all the demand there was for shares in him around the time of the transfer window closing. Every one had him and he shot up in price and even though he's still in the papers at the minute he's still overpriced so people aren't buying him that much - a lot of people are still selling him I would think, which brings his value down. The same's happening with Flintoff at the moment.

Not to put to fine a point on it, but I am far and away better than all of you. :razz::blink: Weekly gain of 159%.  Only catmag can get close on 105%. :o

35536[/snapback]

only cos you managed to spawn getting flintoff before his price went mental. Moral victory for me as Ive manged to turn it round from a minus and last place to 3rd in a week , so there

Not to put to fine a point on it, but I am far and away better than all of you. :razz::blink: Weekly gain of 159%.  Only catmag can get close on 105%. :o

35536[/snapback]

only cos you managed to spawn getting flintoff before his price went mental. Moral victory for me as Ive manged to turn it round from a minus and last place to 3rd in a week , so there

35673[/snapback]

Ok, but I sold all my shares in Flintoff last week and yet my weekly gain so far this week has been a whopping 201% with yours a paltry 77%. Explain that one. ;)

mods, I need a smiley that gives Gemmill the finger

well it was 140 to 88 when I wrote that. Trying to catch a falling knife with Mourinho has cost me a few bob. 60% rise overnight is impressive, who's that down to?

35735[/snapback]

Graeme Dott. I've cashed in on him now though (just before he started to drop I might add :razz: ) and have my considerable funds invested elsewhere - with BIG dividends in mind. :blink:

Scott, what's your overall position now?

35808[/snapback]

2,170th in the WHOLE ENTIRE WORLD!!!

35810[/snapback]

Gawd, I'm not gonna hear the end of this :wacko:

Cool, well I'm coming to get'cha. ;)

mods, I need a smiley that gives Gemmill the finger

well it was 140 to 88 when I wrote that. Trying to catch a falling knife with Mourinho has cost me a few bob. 60% rise overnight is impressive, who's that down to?

35735[/snapback]

Graeme Dott. I've cashed in on him now though (just before he started to drop I might add :wacko: ) and have my considerable funds invested elsewhere - with BIG dividends in mind. :huh:

35747[/snapback]

;)

just looked at his graph for the week. Bloody hell