winamp

zico martin

im fairly new to winamp but thought i would start using to join in the last.fm craze which has started in here. however i have a problem in that when i try to play a cd it tells me that CDDB is not installed. Any ideas why this isnt included with winamp and how i could possibly get it??

weird huh?

CDDB (http://www.cddb.com/) is the internet based database which Winamp (and other media players) polls to automatically download the album and track names for the CD you're currently playing.

I presume it's suggesting that it can't make contact with the site which may be due to the connection properties setup in Winamp.

CDDB (http://www.cddb.com/) is the internet based database which Winamp (and other media players) polls to automatically download the album and track names for the CD you're currently playing.

I presume it's suggesting that it can't make contact with the site which may be due to the connection properties setup in Winamp.

29981[/snapback]

hmmI'm being told that CDDB isnt installed everytime winamp tries to access it. Anybody any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Another Winamp question.

How do I set it as my default player?

I've tried to "Open With" and it's not listed in the suggested or other programs.

I can open winamp and then the track I want, but that's a bit shit.

I've also tried "Set Program Access and Defaults" and "Custom" but again, Winamp wasn't listed as a media player.

;)

load up Winamp press Control+P to bring up preferences

under General Preferences go to File Types

select what you want in there and be sure to check Restore File Associations with Winamp at start-up

reboot and hopefully your sorted

load up Winamp press Control+P to bring up preferences

under General Preferences go to File Types

select what you want in there and be sure to check Restore File Associations with Winamp at start-up

reboot and hopefully your sorted

43150[/snapback]

Cheers Big Ears ;)