José Enrique

Baggio

Guest Your Name Here
Upon reflection, if the money brought in by the sale of Carroll & Nolan is not fully spent on the purchase of new players, what does it matter if the team is made stronger anyway by any wheeling and dealing done by those in charge.

If the management bring in a decent striker and left-back in addition to Cabayo, Bah, Marvoo, & Albeit, then I will be moderately satisfied if all the money isn't spent.

If in fact we do get a striker & defender in addition to those already brought aboard, some of Enrique's comments about Newcastle will become paper thin and sound like sour grapes.

If the money isn’t spent then what was the point in selling them? Why not keep Carroll and make the team even better than it is after our £500k summer spending spree?

Great point and one i've been trying to understand. If it comes out of the club, we'll know through the accounts next year. If it doesnt, why sell him?

Wasn't your suggestion in one of the finances thread that the money may have been required to fund accumulated trading losses and get the club back on an even keel (which is what the financial data suggested but is at odds with what the club itself has said)? Apologies if I've misinterpreted this....

Weren’t the accumulated trading losses covered by Ashley loans?

I dunno. If that's right it suggests the Carroll money would be used to repay the loans in effect. To be consistent with the "not a penny out of the club" statement, that would require the Carroll moeny to fund operating costs with the resultant operating profit being used to repay the loans. Or player sales going towards repaying the loans and new players being bought with the Carroll cash.

Can't believe they'd be that disingenuous though.

That’s how I see it panning out, with the connection between the Carroll money and the loan repayments clouded by a year or two of ambiguous bullshit and misinformation.

Edited by Your Name Here

Upon reflection, if the money brought in by the sale of Carroll & Nolan is not fully spent on the purchase of new players, what does it matter if the team is made stronger anyway by any wheeling and dealing done by those in charge.

If the management bring in a decent striker and left-back in addition to Cabayo, Bah, Marvoo, & Albeit, then I will be moderately satisfied if all the money isn't spent.

If in fact we do get a striker & defender in addition to those already brought aboard, some of Enrique's comments about Newcastle will become paper thin and sound like sour grapes.

If the money isn’t spent then what was the point in selling them? Why not keep Carroll and make the team even better than it is after our £500k summer spending spree?

Great point and one i've been trying to understand. If it comes out of the club, we'll know through the accounts next year. If it doesnt, why sell him?

Wasn't your suggestion in one of the finances thread that the money may have been required to fund accumulated trading losses and get the club back on an even keel (which is what the financial data suggested but is at odds with what the club itself has said)? Apologies if I've misinterpreted this....

Cash losses totalled £34.2m over the last 2 years which offsets the (£47m?) surplus from transfer fees. Its possible that these losses are being funded by Carroll as without it, we'd be £22.2m further into debt with someone. We'll know from the debt statements next year.

Edited by ChezGiven

Guest Your Name Here

Cash losses totalled £34.2m over the last 2 years which offsets the (£47m?) surplus from transfer fees. Its possible that these losses are being funded by Carroll as without it, we'd be £22.2m further into debt with someone. We'll know from the debt statements next year.

That someone being Ashley? Isn’t this what Dekka was on about when he said “Mike put £25m into the club in December to keep it going” earlier this year?

If there's no intention of spending any of the Carroll money on new players, a bit of honesty would be appreciated. I can see Enrique being sold for 10 mill with the money going on Erdinc and and a cheapish left back now. Nothing suggests to me there'll be much more transfer action than that.

I think I was predicting a net spend of 10 mill at the outset so I'd be disappointed if that's where we end up. Not so much because we won't have got some good players in by the looks of it, but that we could have done more.

Re: The East Stand.

Ashley/ShiteDirect practically has exclusive stadium naming rights & advertising sewn up already. If true there's little commercial value behind ripping down one significant emblem, and replacing it with another SD logo.

This is born out of pure spite. As was the case with his hated enemy Whela n, whom he haunted for over a decade, the supporters are his bitch. It's another play, or reminder who is the boss.

Ashley's fined him £100k.

Only seen that in The Sun to be fair.

If true however, apparently Pardew was happily to leave it after telling him off. But Ashley, ever the moron, wants to fine him as well.

£100k probably looks worse than it is - it's 'only' 2 weeks wages.

Ashley's fined him £100k.

Only seen that in The Sun to be fair.

If true however, apparently Pardew was happily to leave it after telling him off. But Ashley, ever the moron businessman, wants to fine him as well.

£100k probably looks worse than it is - it's 'only' 2 weeks wages.

^_^

If there's no intention of spending any of the Carroll money on new players, a bit of honesty would be appreciated. I can see Enrique being sold for 10 mill with the money going on Erdinc and and a cheapish left back now. Nothing suggests to me there'll be much more transfer action than that.

It's very worrying. Having Enrique out there really makes a huge difference to the way we play. He's a very viable option for playing the ball out from the back, and when he's there he brings the best out of Jonas. Even against Orlando Enrique coming on gave us a spark that was completely devoid in the first half. If they bring in a Simpson standard fullback then our defense will have to resort to hoofing the ball up the pitch taking the likes of Jonas, Cabaye, Barton and HBA out of the game. Our target men options aren't exactly fantastic either, so a lot of the times those hoofs will result in turning over possession and having to defend which of course the new left back won't be as good at.

If there are no offers coming in for Enrique for the sake of the team the club should keep him until at least January and line up a replacement of note. Whether he goes now, in January or for nothing next summer we need a replacement left back. The whole sell before you buy doesn't apply here because it's a virtual certainty that he'll be going within the year. Giving a new fullback that time to settle wouldn't be a good idea in terms of performance on the pitch, though Ashley won't want to fund the extra wages whilst still paying Enrique and watching his market value fall as his free availability looms. IMO over the course of one season the value of Enrique in the side would exceed 8M - taking into account the final league position and the entertainment value of the team. Of course Ashley will be keen to bring someone in on a lower wage because he'll fancy the chances of our league position being there or thereabouts regardless and will want to cash in on Enrique.

Again though, if we were a properly run club there would have been an improved offer made to Enrique after promotion was confirmed. The team morale was at a high and the lure of being back in the top league could have been enough with some loyalty and commitment shown through increased wages which were deserved.

If I were in Enriques camp then I wouldnt be too worried. He is holding all the aces. He can stay and everyday he does then his pay out gets bigger whilst Newcastles pay out gets reduced. As soon as he gets to January he will have every top club after him. A top left back available on the cheap.

I hope he signs however I stand by my prediction he will leave!

Of course he will leave. And under normal circumstances, ie. a normal spending policy, I would prefer he were sold now so we could get a good replacement.

But considering the way we seem to do business I would prefer we keep him because everyone knows his transfer fee will not be reinvested and we'll end up with some Championship quality hack on a free.

Of course 'free' will have the 'we paid a sign on fee and gave his mum a year's worth of free hair cuts at Just Cuts so its certainly not free blah blah blah tagline attached for the deadshits to gobble up'.

There's only 4 fullbacks in the worlds top 100 earners. Maicon is 98th at £65K a week.

£50K a week for Enrique should be more than enough.

Good for him then. Nice to see a player not motivated purely by cash.

If I were in Enriques camp then I wouldnt be too worried. He is holding all the aces. He can stay and everyday he does then his pay out gets bigger whilst Newcastles pay out gets reduced. As soon as he gets to January he will have every top club after him. A top left back available on the cheap.

The only reason he'll stay is if he doesn't get a decent club in for him. Unless he can get his head straight I think I'd rather he went now so weve time to get a decent replacement in. In fact we should have someone lined up already cos it's pretty obvious he's wanted away for some time now.

The only reason he'll stay is if he doesn't get a decent club in for him. Unless he can get his head straight I think I'd rather he went now so weve time to get a decent replacement in. In fact we should have someone lined up already cos it's pretty obvious he's wanted away for some time now.

We had a player lined up but staying at Swansea was a more attractive option for him.

We had a player lined up but staying at Swansea was a more attractive option for him.

I thought Welsh nationalists had threatened his family.

There's only 4 fullbacks in the worlds top 100 earners. Maicon is 98th at £65K a week.

£50K a week for Enrique should be more than enough.

Fucking hell. Got the other 3 to hand?

I would guess Lahm, Cole, and obviously Dani Alves.