Quick creekit question......

Guest Sima

Either way it is going to be very difficult now.

Putting Collingwood in gives Australia the advantage as does Anderson

Collingwood's bowling game is only really suited for limited overs at international level and he'll bowl 5 good overs and 20 odd overs of nothing.

Anderson can bowl possibly 10 good overs but another 10 totally awful ones.

Putting Collingwood in would basically be saying draw.

They seemed confident Jones would make it as well, thats a massive blow.

Anderson is a big risk as he's done nothing really for a long while and been away from England for ages.

Collingwood is a risk as if he doesn't bowl to test standard it relieves the pressure we out on the aussies with our 4 pace bowlers and Giles and also we may struggle to take all the wickets.

Of course we're going so well that whoever comes in may just slot straight in and we keep on going like before!

Australia only have four bowlers, as would we with the addition of Collingwood. I'm not convinced his medium-pacers will be very successful in the test matches, but I think he'll be very useful with the bat, adding depth to it. He'd slot in I assume at 6, or 5 if Pietersen and Flintoff are to bat together. He's also very skilled in the field, which may be a factor in swaying the selectors' decision.