Quick creekit question......

Guest Sima

Have the ICC regulations regarding powerplays been implemented into the Totesport league.

Just wondering if they have managed to combat the "lull" in county games.

Introduce the sub rule by all means but name your sub after the toss.

28810[/snapback]

Nah man it's balls. One of the challenges of cricket is picking a balenced side. The subs rule is the first step on a slippery slope towards seperate bowling and batting teams.

Introduce the sub rule by all means but name your sub after the toss.

28810[/snapback]

Nah man it's balls. One of the challenges of cricket is picking a balenced side. The subs rule is the first step on a slippery slope towards seperate bowling and batting teams.

28844[/snapback]

It's also a risk. You could pick a batmsan as your sub, intending to bowl first, but you end up losing the toss and bat second, making it a bit pointless.

meh possibly.  ODI's and 20/20 as a rule are guff anyway.

28847[/snapback]

I'm not a big fan of 20/20 but I think a close ODI/One-Day match is brilliant. Also, I think that one-day cricket has improved test cricket with the fast scoring games you now see usually (weather permitting) ending in a result. Test cricket is still the real thing though.

True that ODI's have speeded up and improved the test game.

At least with a test it's a constant flow. OD games have a 25 over lull from 16-40 that needs to be addressed. They tried doing it with powerplays but that hasn't been entirely successful.

You can get 11/5 for England to win the test this weekend. Aussies are favourites at 6-4 with 6-4 for the draw too. Looks a decent enough bet on England really considering how things have gone so far, although there is some rain forecast for Friday and Saturday.

You can get 11/5 for England to win the test this weekend.  Aussies are favourites at 6-4 with 6-4 for the draw too.  Looks a decent enough bet on England really considering how things have gone so far, although there is some rain forecast for Friday and Saturday.

28999[/snapback]

I hope it pisses down :blink:

You can get 11/5 for England to win the test this weekend.  Aussies are favourites at 6-4 with 6-4 for the draw too.  Looks a decent enough bet on England really considering how things have gone so far, although there is some rain forecast for Friday and Saturday.

28999[/snapback]

I hope it pisses down :blink:

29002[/snapback]

Would be canny funny like. And the Aussies would no doubt whine about it, but without the Old Trafford rain the series would probably be over now anyway.

Would be canny funny like.  And the Aussies would no doubt whine about it, but without the Old Trafford rain the series would probably be over now anyway.

29006[/snapback]

Did you not hear Hayden? The rain saved England :blink:

Actually it wouldn't be funny cos I've got England at 9/1 to win the series. ;)

29007[/snapback]

But if we draw at the Oval, we'd win the series.

29011[/snapback]

Jesus wept!

29017[/snapback]

From a bloody accountant too :blink:

Apparently England have a parade planned for Tuesday.

Tempting fate if you ask me.

29039[/snapback]

Aye, let's win the series first eh lads? Mind, even if they do lose the last test, they've done really well.