Ashley wants a global superstar

Jimbo

Guest Patrokles
Why exactly would Deco want to come to Newcastle? He'd interest a lot of clubs bigger than us, we must be offering HUGE money to him.

Ask manorpark on N-O.

But you are so, so, so wrong... :icon_lol:

Fair play to him, though, it's a good way to win an argument. Follow it up with LA LA LA LA LA and sticking your fingers in your ears, and there's no comeback.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This would blow Keegan, Owen & Shearer out of the water as our biggest ever signing imo.

I disagree.

Why? Keegan was near the end of his career, Shearer was coming home, and Owen only came because we offered most.

Signing a player who's been a regular for Barcelona for 3 seasons (and a key player at that), has won 2 Champions Leagues in 4 years, 2 La Liga's, etc. would be a coup and a half.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

Guest Patrokles
i'd be a lot more optimistic about next season if we start attracting playes of deco's quality. he's a genuine world class player at the peak of his powers. i can't udnerstand why barca would want to get rid of him tbh. and surely if they did, the likes of chelsea, inter milan etc would be in for him ahead of us.

then again, money does talk.

Bad argument; Chelsea and Inter have money too.

i'd be a lot more optimistic about next season if we start attracting playes of deco's quality. he's a genuine world class player at the peak of his powers. i can't udnerstand why barca would want to get rid of him tbh. and surely if they did, the likes of chelsea, inter milan etc would be in for him ahead of us.

Get some cash in to buy lardarse Lampard tbh

Why exactly would Deco want to come to Newcastle? He'd interest a lot of clubs bigger than us, we must be offering HUGE money to him.

The selection of golf courses and the invention of the lightbulb sealed it tbh. :icon_lol:

You're not behind this rumour too are you?

No, learned me lesson there, not a true fan, ruining real fans lives etc etc

The selection of golf courses and the invention of the lightbulb sealed it tbh. :icon_lol:

You're not behind this rumour too are you?

No, learned me lesson there, not a true fan, ruining real fans lives etc etc

My phone bill was horrendous from calling you all the time to abuse you following your indiscretions!

Bad argument; Chelsea and Inter have money too.

right, which is why i said he's he's far more likely to sign for one of them. unless we're offering silly money.

.com are now carrying the story that according to credible sources the Deco deal is allegedly already done.

Bloody hell. Fair play!

So would he be a good signing now that there is a chance we can get him?

i can't remember the last time we had a playmaker that could compare to deco in terms of ability. i'm guessing beardsley. deco's the sort of player you could build a team around. a midfielder of genuine class that can play between the lines; a midfielder who, unlike our recent bunch, has more than just a 'good engine' going for him.

because of that, i can't see it happening. surely it's got about as much truth in it as stevietoon's baines rumour?

Guest Patrokles
.com are now carrying the story that according to credible sources the Deco deal is allegedly already done.

Bloody hell. Fair play!

Not sure, to be honest. I'm not convinced by him still. Having said that, it's still fair play to the club if they were able to attract him.

If we sign Deco he will obviously have more first team opportunities than at chelsea or Scousers. If he has been sold the club on the basis that we are building a team to rival the top 4,Money to invest and other quality players coming in,plus a decent wedge we may just get him.

Bloody hell. Fair play!

Not sure, to be honest. I'm not convinced by him still. Having said that, it's still fair play to the club if they were able to attract him.

True it would be a hell of a coup.

The prospect of him here is genuinely exciting to me but my head still says there's fuck all chance of this happening. As others have said surely there would be far too much competition from teams in Europe for him to come here.

Well if anyone can pull it off Sam can, Look at some of the players he signed at Bolton, I agree none where at their peak but Im sure he fought offers from so called bigger clubs to land them, Im sure Anelka had better options thats for sure.

Its mentioned on Wikipedia, so it must be true :icon_lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deco

08 july 2007, english newschannel Sky Sports reported that Barcelona and Newcastle had reached an agreement with Newcastle paying the spanish club 23 millions £. The same source told that Deco allready had accepted a contract of four years and that only a medical remained before the player would be revealed for the The Toons. The deal has not yet been confirmed by either Newcastle or Barcelona officals, but it is likely that skysports has right in this matter.

08 july 2007, english newschannel Sky Sports reported that Barcelona and Newcastle had reached an agreement with Newcastle paying the spanish club 23 millions £. The same source told that Deco allready had accepted a contract of four years and that only a medical remained before the player would be revealed for the The Toons. The deal has not yet been confirmed by either Newcastle or Barcelona officals, but it is likely that skysports has right in this matter.

£23m

whoah. i guess that would explain how we coudl sign him. depsite his obvious class, i can't see too many clubs paying that much for a 29 year old when henry has just gone for £16m

Guest Patrokles

£23m

whoah. i guess that would explain how we coudl sign him. depsite his obvious class, i can't see too many clubs paying that much for a 29 year old when henry has just gone for £16m

That story was up last night, though. Made up, tbh.

£23m

It must be Euros, man ???? SHIRLEY ?????? £23m is waaaaaaaay too much.