Toon win Carling Coup!

smoggeordie

Or they don't like the taste of Carling. It's basically a case of I'll drink it if there's nowt else on offer in my case. It doesn't taste that bad I suppose, it just doesn't taste of very much at all.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does this mean we'll have Carling on our shirts next season then?

Blue star finally goes west :

£4M - that's a canny round

Newcastle have confirmed that they were ending their association with Scottish Courage aka Newcastle Breweries, after Molson Coors outbid them for counter rights at SJP.

The Canadian-based parent company have signed a four-year deal with the club under their market-leading brand name of Carling.

This will see Carling and other products such as Worthington Bitter, Grolsch & Coors Light sold from outlets round the stadium, in Shearers Bar and the club's various hospitality facilities.

However the deal is purely off-field and won't result in the Carling or any other products in the Molson Coors portfolio appearing on shirts.

No announcement has been made as yet to whether there will be a re-branding of the Gallowgate End of the ground, which has been known officially as the Newcastle Brown Ale South Stand in recent seasons.

Evidently. It's not as if it tastes particularly bad - it doesn't really taste of anything apart from generic lager.

Not particularly a bad thing. I like my lager to taste like lager sometimes.

Har bloody har. You know what I meant.

I think some of you are just being snobbish for the sake of it.

Less of your cheek or I'll set my butler on you.

We should have Skol on the shirt.

I was struggling to think of something that tastes worse than Carling until now.

I once bought Spar Lager which is the nastiest thing ever, it tasted like when you lick envolopes or the old stamps.

sounds like you've got experience at licking envelopes

I'm sure most people have.

.. what? lick... an envelope?

are you MAD? :unsure: