xbox 360

Scottish Mag

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Played the demo of that game, and i was really impressed with the graphics on it. It almost tricked me into thinking it was a real boxing match on TV.

115932[/snapback]

Ive got the full game rikko, its better than the demo, more repsonsive. Plays great online too.

I don't understand?

Is Gemmill taking the piss?

115931[/snapback]

How am I taking the piss? :D

115937[/snapback]

I don't understand what you mean by the Xbox not working on Macs? It's a stand alone console isn't it? Am I missing something?

I don't understand?

115931[/snapback]

115937[/snapback]

I don't understand what you mean by the Xbox not working on Macs? It's a stand alone console isn't it? Am I missing something?

115946[/snapback]

Luckypierre said you could stream movies and music from your PC to your Xbox. You won't be able to do that with Macs. Pay attention, double-oh-Renton!

I don't understand?

115931[/snapback]

115937[/snapback]

115946[/snapback]

Luckypierre said you could stream movies and music from your PC to your Xbox. You won't be able to do that with Macs. Pay attention, double-oh-Renton!

115952[/snapback]

Oh.

So can you set up the system to 5.1 sound etc. Sounds complicated. :razz:

So can you set up the system to 5.1 sound etc. Sounds complicated. :D

115960[/snapback]

you can do that out of the box, all games have DD 5.1 sound, just stick an optical cable into an amp. DVD playback is shite though so I wouldnt use it as a DVD player.

ANyone got a media PC? I'm thinking that might be the way forward personally.

115964[/snapback]

Ive got Windows Media Centre on my PC and a modded xbox as my media extender. I could use the 360 but the homebrew software on the xbox is better than MS's own and it plays more formats. MS have limited the movie playback using the 360 so you cant play divx, xvid (pirates) encoded videos. Some clever spark's come up with a program which gets round it already

Edited by luckypierre

You sound clued up LP.

I feel like I'm getting increasingly getting left behind by this technology malarkey; increasingly I have to rely on friends to set up my network etc. :D

So, has anyone got a Hal 9000 system yet? I've heard they're pretty user friendly; been out 5 years now though.

its the way its going. I dont watch TV at all nowadays. Any shows that I am interested I dl'd onto my PC and watch them in my cinema room using the xbox. The end result will be having a little box in all rooms that can access your main media library on your pc. Will have to be a bit more careful where I save certain stuff :D

its the way its going. I dont watch TV at all nowadays. Any shows that I am interested I dl'd onto my PC and watch them in my cinema room using the xbox. The end result will be having a little box in all rooms that can access your main media library on your pc. Will have to be a bit more careful where I save certain stuff  :razz:

115990[/snapback]

Cinema room! :D

I am behind the times......

YO YO YO, this is my CINEMA room where all the ACTION is. Me and my homies be gettin up in here, RELAXING and shit, stick on a little SCARFACE, gots to have the Scarface. Got a little X-BOX goin' on and shit.

:D

You sound clued up LP.

I feel like I'm getting increasingly getting left behind by this technology malarkey; increasingly I have to rely on friends to set up my network etc.  :D

So, has anyone got a Hal 9000 system yet? I've heard they're pretty user friendly; been out 5 years now though.

115980[/snapback]

Obviously I have nothing but disdain for any grown man who spends his time knocking one out over video games, but that was a classic 2001 reference. Lost on these fuckwits though tbf.

You sound clued up LP.

I feel like I'm getting increasingly getting left behind by this technology malarkey; increasingly I have to rely on friends to set up my network etc.  :D

115980[/snapback]

Obviously I have nothing but disdain for any grown man who spends his time knocking one out over video games, but that was a classic 2001 reference. Lost on these fuckwits though tbf.

116030[/snapback]

Hal 9000 is the computer off it isn't it?

116038[/snapback]

Roll the letters forward one and you get the name of a certain multinational computer firm, although Clarke denied it was intentional.

Was thinking about treating myself to one of these* today, anyone recommend a couple of games?

*360, not HAL 9000. :lol:

116038[/snapback]

Roll the letters forward one and you get the name of a certain multinational computer firm, although Clarke denied it was intentional.

Was thinking about treating myself to one of these* today, anyone recommend a couple of games?

117168[/snapback]

IBM, never heard that one before like. Makes sense though.

Anyone seen the documentary The Corporation btw? There's a bit in it about how IBM made a fortune designing a punchcard system that documented the fate of all of the captured jews. It literally had checkboxes on there for how they were scheduled to die.

116038[/snapback]

117168[/snapback]

IBM, never heard that one before like. Makes sense though.

117172[/snapback]

Toontastics very own Grassy Knollington! :lol:

Anyone seen the documentary The Corporation btw?  There's a bit in it about how IBM made a fortune designing a punchcard system that documented the fate of all of the captured jews.  It literally had checkboxes on there for how they were scheduled to die.

117174[/snapback]

Saw that, don't think I've watched the third part yet. I got bored: Corporations are evil, we get it...

Why oh why did I mention the HAL thing in my post? I had little hope of a serious answer to my question on here anyway, now I'm more likely to pay for this console with my lottery winnings.

Anyone seen the documentary The Corporation btw?  There's a bit in it about how IBM made a fortune designing a punchcard system that documented the fate of all of the captured jews.  It literally had checkboxes on there for how they were scheduled to die.

117174[/snapback]

Saw that, don't think I've watched the third part yet. I got bored: Corporations are evil, we get it...

Why oh why did I mention the HAL thing in my post? I had little hope of a serious answer to my question on here anyway, now I'm more likely to pay for this console with my lottery winnings.

117184[/snapback]

Third part? :lol: I saw it all in one sitting - 2 hours long or so? I thought it was alright like, although I know what you mean.

One of the companies featured on it was a client that I worked on for 3 years - Bechtel. The ones who set up a water treatment plant in Bolivia and then fleeced the locals, demanding they pay for their water. They had protests outside the office when I was working there about that.