Such impeccable taste from Al Fayed

Gemmill

story.dianadodi.ap.jpg

A statue of Princess Diana and Dodi Fayed, who died together in a Paris car crash in 1997, will soon be displayed at Harrods department store in central London, owner Mohamed al Fayed says.

The work commissioned by al Fayed shows the couple, who were on vacation together when they died, holding hands and gazing into each other's eyes beneath a soaring albatross -- a symbol of eternity and good fortune.

Diana is wearing a dress with a plunging neckline, while Dodi's shirt is unbuttoned to reveal a bare chest.

Look at the clip of that thing. :unsure: Love the bit in bold too.

FFS, this was 8 years ago - he really needs to let this one drop, does anyone actually give a shit??

The amount of cash that's been throw around (that stupid fountain for instance) since they croaked is ridiculous!

Tacky and unnecessary. The man is obsessed with uncovering the "truth" because the government won't give him a British passport. It's time to let them rest in peace IMO.

Ever seen the "shrine" in Harrods?

Should be on everyone's itinerary if they go to London

:unsure:  :o  :D  :)  :P  :P

26920[/snapback]

I was just going to mention that, me and my girlfriend went a couple of years ago and we just stood there giggling. It felt a bit disrespectful but it's so tacky you just can't help it. Quite a lot of Harrods is rather OTT though to be honest.

Ever seen the "shrine" in Harrods?

Should be on everyone's itinerary if they go to London

:unsure:  :o  :D  :)  :P  :P

26920[/snapback]

I was just going to mention that, me and my girlfriend went a couple of years ago and we just stood there giggling. It felt a bit disrespectful but it's so tacky you just can't help it. Quite a lot of Harrods is rather OTT though to be honest.

26941[/snapback]

Its really for Americans only................

Tho' to be fair, many years ago I was doing a job across the road and we needed a hammer and some nails ASAP - nipped in and bought them at Harrods - cost a mint but at least we got the job done (just!) in time

Tacky and unnecessary.  The man is obsessed with uncovering the "truth" because the government won't give him a British passport.  It's time to let them rest in peace IMO.

26939[/snapback]

thats what I think as well. I don't understand his obsession with having a British passport what difference would it make to his life, is he just one of those people who wants his own way in everything ?

• 1 year later...

The Express are OBSESSED with Diana.

I couldn't care much for her tbh, was sad that she died at a young age leaving behind 2 kids, but all the 'people's princess' stuff is a load of shit as far as i'm concerned.