Claus Lundekvaam

Brock Manson

I heard it was for Al to use as a punch bag after Lundekvam labelled him "finished" and "the easiest centre forward in the Premiership to play against" four or five years ago. As Ian Wright said, on reading what he'd said about Shearer, "Claus Lundek-WHO?!?"

As with Gemmill the only thing i remember about Lundekvam is him saying Shearer was finished when we played against them under Gullit. Putting aside the fact he was talkign shite, the very fact e thought he had any right at all to dare comment on Shearer was unbelievable.

:unsure: I never ever saw those comments, what a fool :o

26830[/snapback]

It was one of the games leading up to the mackem game that saw Gullit sacked and the day after in the papers Lundekvam was saying Shearer was finished! Needless to say Big Al didn't feel it even worth acklowledging!

But strangely for such an outrageous thing alot of people didn't hear about it and i suspect you're not alone in not having heard this before.

Ah if that's the case I was on holiday for the mackem game and when Gullit got sacked so I missed a lot of the pantomine.

26837[/snapback]

I actually meant he said it the day after the Saints game not the mackem game, but my post was a bit of a mess gramatically i imagine!

Like Gemmill said, people in the game like Ian Wright, thought who the hell does he think he is, Shearer just laughed it off. I think Anal Oliver made a big deal of it in the chronicle actually, though i may be wrong.