New Match Program- The Fink

BooBoo

Has anybody else been a bit embarrassed by the new feature in the match prog "Fink the Fan"?

This is basically a bloke who goes to every away game and does a little report in it. No harm done you think?? Except it is written in what you would call a geordie accent. eg "Their new groond is in the middle of neewhere". Words cant describe how much of a cringe inducing read it is, complete with ridiculous comments such as "Bolton scored again through Stelios somethingorother-Opolous". Tripe such as this basically reinforces the insulting stereotype that all us geordies are thick. Its just giving others a stick to beat us with. There was the bloke in last years program who always did a good report of each game (once spoke to him in Turin airport and he's a decent fella) without resorting to this sort of nonsense.

And his picture shows him with an unconvincing tash and mullet combo. Please someone tell me, this was a one of joke!!

Has anybody else been a bit embarrassed by the new feature in the match prog "Fink the Fan"?

This is basically a bloke who goes to every away game and does a little report in it. No harm done you think?? Except it is written in what you would call a geordie accent. eg "Their new groond is in the middle of neewhere". Words cant describe how much of a cringe inducing read it is, complete with ridiculous comments such as "Bolton scored again through Stelios somethingorother-Opolous". Tripe such as this basically reinforces the insulting stereotype that all us geordies are thick. Its just giving others a stick to beat us with. There was the bloke in last years program who always did a good report of each game (once spoke to him in Turin airport and he's a decent fella) without resorting to this sort of nonsense.

And his picture shows him with an unconvincing tash and mullet combo. Please someone tell me, this was a one of joke!!

26684[/snapback]

I haven't seen this because I never buy it, I didn't know about the feature either, but I know Fink, he's what it says he is, I don't think he's missed a game of any descripton in about 40 years..... !!!!! If the articles are being presented like that it's because someone's decided to do it like that because he's not daft or thick at all. In fact he's a good lad.

Edited by LeazesMag

I'm sure he is a good lad LM, and the stories themselves would probably be entertaining enough just written in normal English and without all the "Errrrr, I'm thick me like" bits in them. Shame someone's taken the decision to print them like that.

I'm sure he is a good lad LM, and the stories themselves would probably be entertaining enough just written in normal English and without all the "Errrrr, I'm thick me like" bits in them.  Shame someone's taken the decision to print them like that.

26765[/snapback]

He's not a mate of mine, but I do know him as he's a friend of my mate who I've went to the match with for years, suppose others have mentioned to him already though if it's that bad .......