Gold Section..

Scottish Mag

Nice to see a Gold section on here now. Could we have the 'Tall ships' thread in there? i was looking at it the other day again, as the Tall ships are here in Torquay at the moment, there are some really good photos in there.

Edited by Toonraider

Done! :icon_lol:

26631[/snapback]

Thank you

:lol:

Really not meaning to blow my own trumpet, but i thought my plastic surgery thread turned out to be quite funny (and rude) :lol:

Also, cant remember who started it but the thread about whether you men preferred your lady to be shaven or not was funny. But i suppose there will be mad threads from time to time and you cant put them all in the Gold section.

Edited by Toonraider

There's some shite been transferred into there tonight like. Gold my arse. They're supposed to be either particularly amusing, contain particularly amusing lines (see SSR's above) or emotional in some way, not just any old shite that someone thinks is half decent.

:unsure:

There's some shite been transferred into there tonight like.  Gold my arse.  They're supposed to be either particularly amusing, contain particularly amusing lines (see SSR's above) or emotional in some way, not just any old shite that someone thinks is half decent.

26778[/snapback]

I agree with the Beefeater...

There's some shite been transferred into there tonight like.  Gold my arse.  They're supposed to be either particularly amusing, contain particularly amusing lines (see SSR's above) or emotional in some way, not just any old shite that someone thinks is half decent.

:o

26778[/snapback]

SELECT * FROM table_posts WHERE post_author <> 'Gemmill' should deal with that nicely enough! :unsure:

:o

26778[/snapback]

SELECT * FROM table_posts WHERE post_author <> 'Gemmill' should deal with that nicely enough! :unsure:

26817[/snapback]

Speak English, boy!

:D

26778[/snapback]

SELECT * FROM table_posts WHERE post_author <> 'Gemmill' should deal with that nicely enough! :o

26817[/snapback]

Speak English, boy!

26921[/snapback]

Any post you haven't contributed to! :unsure:

I think the ones in there are good, except the thread about Gemmil hung like a ....?? I mean whats that all about? :unsure::o Its a very 'in' joke obviously, that alot of us on here wouldnt understand. The thread makes no sense whatsoever!

If there's a gold section can we also have a brown section? As in a section for shit threads to go and die in. That way we have a place to move any threads medina starts or posts in.

26675[/snapback]

Good call.

Also, I know it was on the 'old' toontastic board, but is there any chance that the Man Love/Australasia thread will ever be beaten for entertainment value? Legendary stuff.

Someone with a more discerning eye than that poofter Craig ( :D ) needs to have a look through some of the stuff currently categorised as Gold and get it shifted out. Some of it is shite.

We should have a nomination thing like on the mackems board whereby threads need to have a canny few GOLD nominations before it can be moved. All threads in the Gold forum should also be locked - Gold can lose its shine if it's pissed about with too much. :dancing:

Anyway mods/admin, you know I'm right, so sort it out - get rid of some of the current tat that's in there and lock what's left. Chop chop. :ithankyou:

Someone with a more discerning eye than that poofter Craig ( :ithankyou: ) needs to have a look through some of the stuff currently categorised as Gold and get it shifted out.  Some of it is shite.

30632[/snapback]

:dancing:

:D

On a serious note, what do you think should stay and what should go? People made suggestions and I lobbed those threads in as a starter - they can be moved if the concensus is that they're shite.

We should have a nomination thing like on the mackems board whereby threads need to have a canny few GOLD nominations before it can be moved.  All threads in the Gold forum should also be locked - Gold can lose its shine if it's pissed about with too much. :scratchhead:

30632[/snapback]

Sounds like a good idea - how do they do the nominations? Is there some sort of vote flag on each thread? Locking the threads in there is no problem - i'll sort that bit now.

Anyway mods/admin, you know I'm right, so sort it out - get rid of some of the current tat that's in there and lock what's left.  Chop chop. :(

30632[/snapback]

You volunteering to mod the place are you? :whistle:

And why can you post in the gold forum? Is the point of it not that its meant to be archived away?

30634[/snapback]

A suggestion was made that a thread in there could conceivably be improved further by additional postings. I configured it so you could, can easily be changed though.