More Anal Genius

David Kelly

Fat Fred:

You'll be amazed what the supporters will put up with once I've finished Operation Roeder

Source?

SSH's tiny drug addled mind?

they have their own highly censored forum. :D

pot-kettle-black.jpg

or am I being wooshed?

To be fair to HTT, I post on the Ronny Gill board and it's far, far fucking harsher than N-O ever was.

Fat Fred:

You'll be amazed what the supporters will put up with once I've finished Operation Roeder

Source?

Tis true. Drugs do shrink your brain.

And your cock.

Fat Fred:

Source?

Tis true. Drugs do shrink your brain.

And your cock.

Bitter experience or medical knowledge? :D

Only temporarily, I should add.

And I'll let you guess. ;)

http://www.newcastle-online.com/why-big-sa...on-alan-oliver/

:D

Will post up any TH reaction

See the FS quotes thread? Might do the same but for Oliver and make a page on N.O for it.

It's on Newsnow. ;)

It was on newsnow i saw it as well!

And more than anything it shows Anal to be the snivelling little weasel we all know, so full of bullshit, arse kissing whoever is at the club and compeltely 100% going back on everything he's said is just a fucking embarassment. The man is so far beyond a joke his bosses should just fire him now!

He did exactly the same when Souness was here, covering, arse kissing him and lettign him get away with such utter bulshit that he played a big part in keeping the fucker in a job, then the second Souness is out and Roeder is in he starts ripping Souness to shreds and slagging everything about him. He really is the most gutless two faced journo around and that takes some doing!

Alan Oliver is an veteran journalist and chief sports writer for the Evening Chronicle. He is the main Newcastle United reporter and often appears on Sky Sports News and other national media outlets. He has covered Newcastle for more than 20 years and has co-authored Kevin Keegan's Autobiography.

More recently he has appeared on the Chronicle website in a frequent video feature in which he discusses the latest Newcastle news and matches, as well as having a column in the Newcastle matchday programme.

He can be a polarising figure among supporters. In recent years some Newcastle fans have come to view him as the 'official' cocksucker of Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd. And some take issue with his writing style, which seems to have a vocabulary of no more than 50 words and his catchphrase of "wide of the mark" has seen him become the object of much derision.

But even his harshest critics would have to admit that during his time at the Chronicle, he has been the worst journalist at Thompson House. His record in getting accurate stories about potential Newcastle United transfer stories during at least the last 10 years is, quite frankly, laughable and his reputation among other journalists in the local and national media is one often laughed about in local hostileries. His stories and interviews on the back of the Chronicle are picked up by the national press on an almost a daily basis as they can see the lack of any investigative or objective journalism.

He had a world exclusive when he broke the news that Newcastle were signing Alan Shearer. However he has a far from 100% record in predicting transfer targets - for instance he stated that Jonathan Woodgate would sign for Arsenal and Steve Sidwell to Newcastle as the "worst kept secrets in football" but were both of which were "wide of the mark"

Some fans have accused him of favouring the players prepared to give him interviews. Numerous players and managers have fallen out with him over the years because of his criticism of performances all of which were usually Newcastle's foreign contingent.

Alan also writes a deeply unpopular and excrutiatingly boring column in the match programme, befitting his cosy relationship with the powers that be at NUFC. In it, he charts banal anecdotes about his exploits following the team and references to journalists no-one has ever heard of in an attempt to impress no-one. Indeed, if the column were more truthful, it would prove a better read, as Alan is well known for his love of alcohol and has landed in many a scrape due to the demon drink.

He continues to have a frosty relationship with Alan Shearer, and Les Ferdinand, among other players. He was so close to Glenn Roeder, the recently departed manager.

In December 2002, after a game against Spurs, he was involved in a predictable fracas with another foreign player in the St James' Park press room when Newcastle winger Laurent Robert confronted Oliver after comments made following a defeat to Bolton Wanderers[1], although the Chronicle tried to cover this latest example of xenophobia said Robert had actually confused Oliver with John Gibson, a fellow Chronicle sportswriter. [2]

Further examples of his xenophobia continue to be demonstrated by his treatment of the Nigerian player Obafemi Martins in match day reports. Oliver often scores Martins poorly and attempts to blame him for poor team performances.

Some fans S_S_H In Particular have criticised his treatment of foreigners compared to British players, particularly Geordies. During Newcastle's search for a manager in early 2006, he claimed during an interview with The Mag that he 'shuddered' at the thought of a foreigner taking charge, despite four of the top five teams in England being managed by non-British managers at the time. His treatment of certain Geordie players, such as Lee Clark, has been criticised by some fans.

He has never been a great supporter of some of Newcastle's foreign stars, such as Nolberto Solano, and, during the early part of his spell there David Ginola.

Because of his profile and his personal writing style he has occasionally been a victim of parody from Newcastle supporters. After Liverpool's Champions League win in 2005, one Newcastle supporters' website featured a spoof article by "Alan Doh'liver", claiming that Liverpool's victory was a hollow one because of their Spanish manager, Rafael Benitez, and a lack of Scousers in the team.

He is not popular with fans and in the recent away game at Watford some rather "choice" words were used in chants against him.

Alan Oliver has said: "Newcastle fans, are a knowledgeable set and know when they are being conned; which is why I get so much abuse. I intend to retire before being attacked around the local area

Thought I'd post it in full before it's inevitable edit.