What are you reading?

Brock Manson

4 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Has this on my “to read” list for a while, but I keep putting it off…

proper page-turner. well easy to read, i think i finished it in under 2-3 days 

55 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Has this on my “to read” list for a while, but I keep putting it off…

Conan Lol GIF by Team Coco

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Being the poncey fuckers that we undoubtedly are me and the now semi permanent Mrs PL are currently booking up for this middle class wank fest :) 

https://bordersbookfestival.org/

Wondering if any of the TT literary heeds will be in attendance? Am specifically meaning you @Rayvin?? … 

Why not ask our North Of The Border Author in Residence?

1 hour ago, PaddockLad said:

Being the poncey fuckers that we undoubtedly are me and the now semi permanent Mrs PL are currently booking up for this middle class wank fest :) 

https://bordersbookfestival.org/

Wondering if any of the TT literary heeds will be in attendance? Am specifically meaning you @Rayvin?? … 

Will you be attending in traditional Scottish garb to underline your credentials? 

Img_2024_04_24_14_14_21.thumb.jpeg.ac1af7cd42e597d4197f5b7872082b2e.jpeg

• Haha 2

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

It was never free. It always says it's free if you don't have an audible subscription cos you get one free book for signing up. 

What kind of gap-tooth, backwater, hill billy, redneck, clodhopping yokel doesn't have an Audible subscription?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

What kind of gap-tooth, backwater, hill billy, redneck, clodhopping yokel doesn't have an Audible subscription?

:lol:

I actually got this on free trial but cancelled. Far better to actually read a book in my opinion and it genuinely surprised me I couldn't get away with it as I thought it would be great. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

I actually got this on free trial but cancelled. Far better to actually read a book in my opinion and it genuinely surprised me I couldn't get away with it as I thought it would be great. 

To be honest I prefer reading actual books too, but use it because I rarely have time to sit and read at the minute. I listen to books as I do the groceries, or do school drop off/pick up. 

• Like 1

Not taking the piss here but I reckon listening to audiobooks is something that gets easier the more you do it. If I haven't listened to one for a while I find it dead easy to just start thinking about other things and before you know it, 20 minutes has gone by and you haven't taken in a single word. 

Basically TRY HARDER. 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Not taking the piss here but I reckon listening to audiobooks is something that gets easier the more you do it. If I haven't listened to one for a while I find it dead easy to just start thinking about other things and before you know it, 20 minutes has gone by and you haven't taken in a single word. 

Basically TRY HARDER. 

Aye it becomes second nature. I also thought that I'd struggle to get back into the rhythm of whatever book I'm listening to, but it takes less than a minute and I'm back in the tension, levity or whatever.

• Like 1

I tend to read in bed so earphones aren't really comfortable and I end up falling asleep taking fuck all in and wake up with someone talking to me. :lol: I prefer to read until the words start moving around then it's kindle down and I'm out like a light. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I tend to read in bed so earphones aren't really comfortable and I end up falling asleep taking fuck all in and wake up with someone talking to me. :lol: I prefer to read until the words start moving around then it's kindle down and I'm out like a light. 

That's pretty much same as me. 😂

I sometimes have to relisten to podcasts because I've not concentrated and gone off thinking about other shit. 

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Set the timer to stop after 15 minutes or at the end of the chapter. Then you know how far you need to go back if you fall asleep. 

I'm happy to do some lessons on Skype on how to listen to audiobooks if there's enough appetite. 

[fucking amateur hour over here FFS] 

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Gemmill said:

I'm happy to do some lessons on Skype on how to listen to audiobooks if there's enough appetite. 

Before I sign up - can I just check something? Would I have to listen to you? 

• Haha 4