Does your car fill with petrol

Renton

5 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Seeing @LongTimeAdmirer has us on our best start to the season in 20 years, I would say they are making a meaningful contribution!

The path to "most unexpected turnaround in poster belovedness since CT" is a rocky one, but it might yet happen :lol:

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

The path to "most unexpected turnaround in poster belovedness since CT" is a rocky one, but it might yet happen :lol:

Now steady on. LTA was never hated anywhere near as much as CT and unless we go unbeaten in the league she won't achieve "national treasure" status on here like CT either.

Apologies @sammynb. Us Gen X cunts are dying out, I think the boomers have already left the building @Noelie @Rob W. :(

Edited by Renton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Has CT got there yet?

I feel LTA's only problem is, they are a teenage lass with a thing for pirouetting dark men, and doesn't realise it takes more for us sad middle aged bastards to get excited.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Naah, that would have been NJS and his Audi TT I reckon. A successful hairdresser, but a dresser of hair nonetheless. 

Yeah I had a TTS then a plain TT but they were pointless for the amount of driving I do. 

I've got a Q2 now. 

1 minute ago, sammynb said:

You're only a boomer because you live in Perth, shirley you're on the cusp of Gen X (nature and nurture affect what generation people are).

That's like saying I'm still on the cusp of being in my 50s 🙂 

7 minutes ago, RobinRobin said:

That's like saying I'm still on the cusp of being in my 50s 🙂 

Yeah time don't go backward my friend.

Gen X start around 1962/64 depending on where you are from, although anyone born in the 80s in Queensland is still a fucking boomer, so the early X's are now in their 60s.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renton said:

Now steady on. LTA was never hated anywhere near as much as CT and unless we go unbeaten in the league she won't achieve "national treasure" status on here like CT either.

Apologies @sammynb. Us Gen X cunts are dying out, I think the boomers have already left the building @Noelie @Rob W. :(

Where's @trooper at these days?

2 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

My dog bus is a Kuga Vignale, mild hybrid.

At my age I probably should drive a focus, which is a proper codgermobile but not practical just now.

Focus Vignale here. S-Line though cos I'm young and sexy. 

22 minutes ago, Toonpack said:

My dog bus is a Kuga Vignale, mild hybrid.

Obviously not your dog, but have you seen the tech behind mild hybrids?

Quite simple and amazed it took so long to be produced.

It's just an electric motor providing a torque boost by engaging when you would use the most fuel, taking off/accelerating.

They can make them with a manual gearbox.
It's a 12V system with a small battery, so it won't go up like an inferno in an accident.

And noneed to plug it in too charge, only for once it goes flat, you are dragging an extra 1000kg around, like with plug in hybrids, that don't have regenative capabilities.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, ewerk said:

Where's @trooper at these days?

Got his hands on a quality batch of Pink Whizz before the summer round of ‘Maiden festival gigs. 

Set off on foot and was last seen striding through the Atlas Mountains singing the chorus of Run To The Hills over and over again. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Renton said:

I'm a svelte millennial, ye old cunts.

2 hours ago, sammynb said:

Obviously not your dog, but have you seen the tech behind mild hybrids?

Quite simple and amazed it took so long to be produced.

It's just an electric motor providing a torque boost by engaging when you would use the most fuel, taking off/accelerating.

They can make them with a manual gearbox.
It's a 12V system with a small battery, so it won't go up like an inferno in an accident.

And noneed to plug it in too charge, only for once it goes flat, you are dragging an extra 1000kg around, like with plug in hybrids, that don't have regenative capabilities.

I do love the thing tbh, doubt I'll still have it when battery goes though.

I get 64mpg on my runs to the caravan, that's over 10mpg over my old diesel kuga.

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I've got a mild Hybrid Focus but I only get 45 mpg. 50 odd was the best I could do on motorways. Is your caravan at the bottom of a very deep valley? 

Uphill run a lot of it, up the 697. Used to get around 54mpg in my old Kuga diesel.

I do a steady 60 these days because with the inevitable slow cunts and tractors I found it takes exactly the same time to get there as when I used to pile along at 85, takes an our an hour and a half no matter how fast I drive, (bit longer now given Scotland is 20 mph in built up areas) plus it's much more fuel efficient and we pensioners must watch the pennies. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ah that's why, you're driving at those legal speeds. Not like this young gun. 

FYP

The slow codger cunts drive small red cars as a rule, and do 40mph.

In my old Beemer 5SE I once had a "wonder how fast it'll go" moment, I got up to 128 mph on the A1, touched the gas a bit more and the fucking thing pushed me in the back like I was going from 50-60, at which point I bottled it.