Does your car fill with petrol

Renton

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Yes! Join the focus club. That's what I cruise the mean streets of Wideopen in. 

Just make sure you've ample supplies of cable ties and chloroform in the boot. 

roush-ford.gif.7c334a45e2918e860e790aa5ad85bee5.gif

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

The hairdresser's choice.

That's the Mazda MX5 surely? Tbh I reckon Gemmill might favour one but probably goes for the good old focus for storage space which can be sound proofed and because it ticks all the boxes on his value for money checklist. 

I think it's very unsavoury for a man that is KNOWN for only driving the absolute tippity top of the range (with blacked out Audi sign) to be punching down on others less fortunate than him. This must be what the Hamster felt like when Clarkson ate his lunch out the Top Gear fridge. 

34 minutes ago, Renton said:

That's the Mazda MX5 surely? Tbh I reckon Gemmill might favour one but probably goes for the good old focus for storage space which can be sound proofed and because it ticks all the boxes on his value for money checklist. 

I've no idea? :lol:

I just recall one of you was accused of driving a 'hairdresser's car'. (Think it was ewerk?)

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

I just recall one of you was accused of driving a 'hairdresser's car'. (Think it was ewerk?)

Naah, that would have been NJS and his Audi TT I reckon. A successful hairdresser, but a dresser of hair nonetheless. 

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Renton said:

Season 9 Reaction GIF by The Office

not exactly a head scratcher was it? they’re ten a penny down here. 

my q5 was pinched from outside our house. Prefer the Tesla tbh. Much nicer to drive and no sign that it’s falling apart. Yet

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

You've got the wrong bog trotter, I'm strictly a 4x4 man. It was Ant that drove the Mazda MX5.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Renton said:

Naah, that would have been NJS and his Audi TT I reckon. A successful hairdresser, but a dresser of hair nonetheless. 

Didn't Ant also own the Nissan hairdresser's special?

Because Australia is full of so many rednecks and long distances, our infrastructure for electric vehicles is fucked. Hybrids are the logical choice here for the moment, so we thought about moving the HR Holden on and went and test drove a Suzuki Swift mild hybrid. Small battery so the car doesn't weigh another 1000kg, self charging and under 30k for the top of the line. We tend to ride the bike or scooter around town, so we only need a car for longer trips and what is the point of having an expensive car bleeding money in the garage.

The HR is staying for the moment but with the Swift getting 4L/100km we will probably go that way eventually.

• Like 1

Well I'll be driving an electric car soon, when I was a teenager in the eighties watching Alexei Sayle I had a burning ambition to drive a Czechoslovakian car from behind the iron curtain and be the envy of my classmates so we're getting a Skoda enyaq. :good:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Well I'll be driving an electric car soon, when I was a teenager in the eighties watching Alexei Sayle I had a burning ambition to drive a Czechoslovakian car from behind the iron curtain and be the envy of my classmates so we're getting a Skoda enyaq. :good:

Ahh, so you're taking CT's advice on the taxiing then? 👍

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

And how's Cath doing? :lol:

Ant, Cath, now Howay (by the looks of it) adding to long list of ex-posters. 

We're a microcosm of society. No young blood to replace the aging boomers. Too perpetual or something, and not enough sharks. I can only think of @Dazzler being a meaningful recruit in the past decade!  

Oh well, I'll continue, even if I'm talking to myself surrounded by the closing entropy of the Universe's heat death.  

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Renton said:

We're a microcosm of society. No young blood to replace the aging boomers. Too perpetual or something, and not enough sharks. I can only think of @Dazzler being a meaningful recruit in the past decade!  

Oh well, I'll continue, even if I'm talking to myself surrounded by the closing entropy of the Universe's heat death.  

The @thebrokendoll right now.....

what the fuck GIF by AnimatedText

Incredulous What Are You Doing GIF

• Haha 7

18 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

And how's Cath doing? :lol:

I saw her for a coffee recently (checks notes - nearly three months ago apparently, the passing of time can do one :lol: ) and while I wouldn't wish to speak for her, she's doing all right :)

20 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Skoda enyaq

Congratulations on the new kitten, but you're going to have to train it not to sit on your keyboard.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Renton said:

Seeing @LongTimeAdmirer has us on our best start to the season in 20 years, I would say they are making a meaningful contribution!

Edited by sammynb
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Meenzer said:

I saw her for a coffee recently (checks notes - nearly three months ago apparently, the passing of time can do one :lol: ) and while I wouldn't wish to speak for her, she's doing all right :)

We have the, not often enough, FB chat and yes, checks notes, we can confirm, while we too do not wish to speak for her, she's doing alright. It's been 15 odd years since we saw her smiling face but hey, opposite sides of the world and that.