Rik Mayall

Gemmill

COMIC Rik Mayall has blasted the BBC — claiming you have to be a black lesbian to work there.

The former Young Ones and New Statesman star hit out at his former employers for ditching a final series of outrageous sitcom Bottom.

Rik believes that the BBC banned him from the channel for being STRAIGHT.

The comedian, 47, blames former BBC2 controller Jane Root for killing off the show, which he wrote with co-star Adrian Edmondson.

He said: “She destroyed mine and Adrian’s baby. The last series of Bottom, she didn’t like it.

“They never made it because she didn’t like it. It was the finest series of Bottom we’d written.

“You have to be black, homosexual and a woman to work at the BBC.

“That’s why they didn’t like Bottom. They were two men who were heterosexual and that was the problem.

“The BBC banned Adrian and I from being on TV, for being heterosexual or known to disagree with the Government.”

BBC bosses also outraged Rik by turning down a comedy drama he penned called The Murderers.

He claimed: “They didn’t have the balls to take The Murderers which was as good as The Young Ones. British TV used to be the finest in the world, now it’s totally imploded.”

Rik is now working for ITV and appears in All About George on Thursday nights.

Seemingly oblivious to the fact that they've dumped Bottom because it's shite. :lol:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

COMIC Rik Mayall has blasted the BBC — claiming you have to be a black lesbian to work there.

The former Young Ones and New Statesman star hit out at his former employers for ditching a final series of outrageous sitcom Bottom.

Rik believes that the BBC banned him from the channel for being STRAIGHT.

The comedian, 47, blames former BBC2 controller Jane Root for killing off the show, which he wrote with co-star Adrian Edmondson.

He said: “She destroyed mine and Adrian’s baby. The last series of Bottom, she didn’t like it.

“They never made it because she didn’t like it. It was the finest series of Bottom we’d written.

“You have to be black, homosexual and a woman to work at the BBC.

“That’s why they didn’t like Bottom. They were two men who were heterosexual and that was the problem.

“The BBC banned Adrian and I from being on TV, for being heterosexual or known to disagree with the Government.”

BBC bosses also outraged Rik by turning down a comedy drama he penned called The Murderers.

He claimed: “They didn’t have the balls to take The Murderers which was as good as The Young Ones. British TV used to be the finest in the world, now it’s totally imploded.”

Seemingly oblivious to the fact that they've dumped Bottom because it's shite. :lol:

I quite like it (classic slapstick), but I'm really looking forward to putting BBC1 on tonight and being confronted by an army of black lesbians presenting the news, on Eastenders, on the Dragons Den etc! :lol:

I quite like it (classic slapstick), but I'm really looking forward to putting BBC1 on tonight and being confronted by an army of black lesbians presenting the news

An army of Moira Stuarts! *runs for the hills*

Guest Patrokles

I think he's taking the piss I reckon.

I thought Bottom was great, although I was a 13 year old lad when it was on so I was right in their demograhpic.

I agree, it definitely seems very tongue-in-cheek.

I thought Bottom was great, although I was a 13 year old lad when it was on so I was right in their demograhpic.

Must be taking the Michael tbh. Bottom's shit when you catch the repeats now tbh. Funny at the time though.

I agree, it definitely seems very tongue-in-cheek.

No need to refer to tongue in cheek when talking about Bottom. :lol:

Hes not realy in a position to comment on the state of comedy when he stars in All about George tbh

I take sitcoms on BBC1 and ITV as a cast-iron guarantee of shitness. As certain as death and taxes.

Shirley not, what about the likes of Brighton Belles? or that one with Denise Van Outen in? or Brush Strokes, who could ignore Brush Strokes????