campaign for sane pricing

Happy Face

from .com...

Join the campaign for sane pricing

The Football Supporters Federation (FSF) have launched an online petition here as part of their efforts to see fans benefit from the increased TV revenues clubs are to receive.

The core aims of this campaign are to freeze season ticket prices for home fans and to impose a £15 ceiling on admissions for away travellers.

For more information and the chance to register your discontent with the current ludicrous situation click here

Please support this campaign and encourage your friends and family to do so, regardless of their club allegiance.

NB: It's vitally important to follow the two-step process as described and validating your entry by clicking the link you are emailed.

Not sure if it's been posted already, but it might be worth stickifying.

Edited by Happy Face

Signed it and got a e-mails back from Everton, Liverpool, Arsenal, etc saying that they are reviewing the new prices (which means nowt really) so I'm not really expecting them to change drastically.

until they cannot fill they're stadiums, prices wont change

It's the tiered pricing structure that used to do my head in. Why do they think that wealthy clubs = wealthy supporters. Fulham this season is a prime example:

v Manchester City - £25.00

v Manchester United - £45.00

(cue jokes that Man Utd supporters will have less travelling expenses to Fulham :naughty: )

Blackburn Rovers

v Bolton Wanderers - £15.00

v Manchester United - £36.00

Both games 'local' derbies!

For the percentage of away tickets that most clubs sell, surely they can implement a single pricing structure without drastically altering their match day revenue :lol:

Used to boil my piss, pleased I'm out of it now.

It's the tiered pricing structure that used to do my head in. Why do they think that wealthy clubs = wealthy supporters. Fulham this season is a prime example:

(cue jokes that Man Utd supporters will have less travelling expenses to Fulham :naughty: )

Blackburn Rovers

For the percentage of away tickets that most clubs sell, surely they can implement a single pricing structure without drastically altering their match day revenue :lol:

Supply and demand in operation. Should football be a special case with protected prices?

Blackburn Rovers

Supply and demand in operation. Should football be a special case with protected prices?

For away tickets, yes.

If a home club wants to charge more for their supporters when they play against Man United etc then fair enough, but they shouldn't be allowed to charge more to the away fans who are being punished by supporting Man United, Newcastle etc. We are Category A for many away games for some reason. Why should I be charged considerably more to watch my team play against Birmingham City at St. Andrews than a Tottenham supporter to watch his team play against Birmingham City at St. Andrews?

Edited by Greg

Blackburn Rovers

With a club like Man Utd if you miss one single application for an away ticket then you're bolloxed in the loyalty pot. Should Fulham then charge £300 on the basis that the supporters don't have a choice if they want to stay in the loyalty pot? If the people will pay £300 to stay in the loyalty pot should Fulham then up it to £500? If Fulham then charge them £500 should Newcastle also, after all why should Newcastle charge them less? Where do you stop?

The supporters are grabbed by the short & curlies. The club should actually refuse to take an allocation when they are blatantly hiking prices and then refuse to sell that club tickets for the return but there is little chance of that happening.

Untill the day comes when some regulation is bought in to Transfer fees and players wage demands we are stuck with higher and higher ticket prices.

Michael Owen on 100k a week and he`s been INJURED for god knows how long. Ronaldo demanding 160k a week its sheer lunacy. When a club is faced with demands like this and are having to fork out 20 million plus for a decent player what choice do they have other than to charge skyhigh ticket prices. Also you have to remember that London clubs probably face business rates around double what Newcastle probably pays.

For the Premiership i think our charges are reasonable based on what other clubs charge. Having said that i think 25 pounds should be a maximum with prices starting at 15 pounds. i dont go to every game and cant imagine how those that do find the money, if you add going to away matches as well and possible hotel accomadation and thats before European games i reckon many of our supporters must be secret millionaires.

Of course another factor you have got to take into account is the fact that clubs are on the whole managing more or less to fill the grounds. When they can do that while charging 50 quid a ticket they are hardly likely to reduce it.

Edited by pertoon