Help - anyone know the Manchester area?

Nobby

Plans have changed and I'm now working late on Saturday in London (till about 10).

Need to get to Wigan for the match.

best bet is to probably get National Express bus from London to Manchester at 11.30 Saturday night,

getting to Manchester at 5.40am

does anyone know if there will be any buses or trains to Wigan at that time or how much a taxi will cost?

think it's about 25miles

Plans have changed and I'm now working late on Saturday in London (till about 10).

Need to get to Wigan for the match.

best bet is to probably get National Express bus from London to Manchester at 11.30 Saturday night,

getting to Manchester at 5.40am

does anyone know if there will be any buses or trains to Wigan at that time or how much a taxi will cost?

think it's about 25miles

Taxi will cost you an arm and a leg mate and being a Sunday morning transport won't really start until later.

I'd go and get some breakfast near the station then get the first direct train of the day which is 8.49am.

The 9:48 will get you into Wigan for 10:20, perfect if the away pub is opening at half 10. I'll probs be getting this one.

If you get the 8:49 you will be in Wigan for about 9:20 and everything in Wigan will be closed at that time on a Sunday morning.

Edited by Greg

Alternatively, you could PM Manc Mag and tell him to get his arse out of bed at that time, come and pick you up from the city centre, cook your breakfast and then drive you to the match :unsure:

:lol:

PS in reference to FCUM's previous post, I would advise against having breakfast anywhere near Chorlton Street Bus Station.

I gave you an answer to this on NO, but I think you may have deleted the thread for some reason.

suprised you know about roller blades, can you get your fat feet in them?

There's gratitude tbh.

I gave you an answer to this on NO, but I think you may have deleted the thread for some reason.

I can see how you got your job, photocopy monkey. Do you do the jokes in the Funday Times?

I can see how you got your job, photocopy monkey. Do you do the jokes in the Funday Times?

The 9:48 will get you into Wigan for 10:20, perfect if the away pub is opening at half 10. I'll probs be getting this one.

If you get the 8:49 you will be in Wigan for about 9:20 and everything in Wigan will be closed at that time on a Sunday morning.

Come over and say hi if you spot the clique again mate :lol:

Alternatively, you could PM Manc Mag and tell him to get his arse out of bed at that time, come and pick you up from the city centre, cook your breakfast and then drive you to the match :unsure:

PS in reference to FCUM's previous post, I would advise against having breakfast anywhere near Chorlton Street Bus Station.

Puff!

What's up are the greasy spoons not good enough for the Didsbury set? ;)

PS are the Wigan trains out of Salford and Victoria? I'm assuming so rather than Piccadilly. Wor lass is driving anyway like but just wondered for future ref.

Yep, Victoria.

shows how much you know about newspapers tbh.

The Funday Times hasn't run for about a year.

still thats probably more than you

It's online now isn't it?

PS are the Wigan trains out of Salford and Victoria? I'm assuming so rather than Piccadilly. Wor lass is driving anyway like but just wondered for future ref.

last year the train I got took aboot half an hour and it was more like a metro, dont recall going to victoria though,

Much to your disgust, I imagine. It was the only bit you could understand. :lol:

aye getting rid of it though

Puff!

What's up are the greasy spoons not good enough for the Didsbury set? ;)

Yep, Victoria.

:rolleyes:

Chorlton Street is red light man. I don't want any Coney Island Whitefish in place of my kippers.

aye getting rid of it though

Aye, I noticed a while ago they'd stopped putting it in. I always used to have a flick through it tbh :lol::unsure:

Alternatively, you could PM Manc Mag and tell him to get his arse out of bed at that time, come and pick you up from the city centre, cook your breakfast and then drive you to the match ;)

Puff!

What's up are the greasy spoons not good enough for the Didsbury set? :rolleyes:

Yep, Victoria.

:P

Chorlton Street is red light man. I don't want any Coney Island Whitefish in place of my kippers.

:unsure:

Times have changed then, red light district was always around Victoria when I was a lad! It was easy commuting from the sauna & massage parlours in Broughton & Prestwich :lol: