Fat Fred

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Decisions  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

"planning".

:lol:

hey whaddya know, you're doing a Gemma, Dan and a Noelie all at the same time.

So it isn't your favourite cliche then ????????? :lol::nufc:

As usual...these intelligent people don't bother replying when they can't.

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not denying we were unlucky with Dalglish (who was appointed by Sir John) he was a top manager but it didn't work out, as I've said there are no guarantees in football, however when you sack the best manager this club has had in the last 10 years and replace him with Souness, then replace him with a man who's led his previous 3 clubs into relegation places then you're either a fucking idiot or absolutely clueless about football.

I'm not denying we were unlucky with Dalglish (who was appointed by Sir John) he was a top manager but it didn't work out, as I've said there are no guarantees in football, however when you sack the best manager this club has had in the last 10 years and replace him with Souness, then replace him with a man who's led his previous 3 clubs into relegation places then you're either a fucking idiot or absolutely clueless about football.

What about the 5 years before Souness ? Don't they count ? Why did it take the club so long to attract Bobby Robson as a manager of his home town club ?

As other clubs have appointed Roeder, and Souness, and in fact the new Icelandic people have appointed Curbishley and are rumoured to want Souness, thanks for admitting that there are plenty of clueless potential board replacements out there. And we haven't even mentioned Mandaric, Romanov, Al Fayed, Ridsdale, Bates, Murray, along with chairman of unambitious clubs like Everton, man City, Wolves, Southampton, Charlton.....to name some. Now - who, having eliminated this group of people, would you say is guaranteed to be better, because if you can't do it, why bother harping on about it all the time ?

Like a copy and paste job.

What about the 5 years before Souness ? Don't they count ? Why did it take the club so long to attract Bobby Robson as a manager of his home town club ?

As other clubs have appointed Roeder, and Souness, and in fact the new Icelandic people have appointed Curbishley and are rumoured to want Souness, thanks for admitting that there are plenty of clueless potential board replacements out there. And we haven't even mentioned Mandaric, Romanov, Al Fayed, Ridsdale, Bates, Murray, along with chairman of unambitious clubs like Everton, man City, Wolves, Southampton, Charlton.....to name some. Now - who, having eliminated this group of people, would you say is guaranteed to be better, because if you can't do it, why bother harping on about it all the time ?

I thought he was under contract at Barcelona and had decided to honour it.

Our board has made good and bad decisions.

A recent bad one was to dismiss Robson with no idea of who to appoint after. Anyone who thinks this was a good idea has no right to complain about the appointment of Souness.

Supporters of Shepherd (like myself) who have a pair of bollocks between their legs should just admit that this was a monumental fuck up that set the club back a long way.

Recent good decisions include sacking Souness (far too late imo) and letting Roeder restructure the club from the bottom up. It needs doing.

Edited by Missed Sticks

So you want to congratulate Shepherd for showing ambition by spending money, yet you want to slag the West Ham board off for doing the same thing! :lol:

You couldn't make it up.

As for the 5 years before Souness, we've finished 13th, 13th, 11th, 11th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 14th, 7th, (Currently 11th) under Shepherd, that's more bottom half finishes than top half in the last decade, as well as getting the club £80 million in debt.

What a great job Shepherd as done.

A recent bad one was to dismiss Robson with no idea of who to appoint after. Anyone who thinks this was a good idea has no right to complain about the appointment of Souness.

Supporters of Shepherd (like myself) who have a pair of bollocks between their legs should just admit that this was a monumental fuck up that set the club back a long way.

Recent good decisions include sacking Souness (far too late imo) and letting Roeder restructure the club from the bottom up. It needs doing.

not since 1963 he wasn't. The point being that he was only interested in managing Newcastle when they were worth managing, to put a perspective on it.

Supporters of the football club have admitted appointing Souness was a monumental cock up. Supporters of the football club with good judgement said so at the time, quite loudly, and often in fact. It was people like Gemma, Craig and others who said we should give him time, give him money, and allow him to sell our best players and predicted that we would be better off as a result.

Your last line is beyond any dispute at all, although you must remember that Bobby Robson also showed "planning", ie bringing in young players who were thought had potential and would improve, only it didn't work out the way we hoped, but this seems to have been forgotten by people who for some strange reason are now blaming Shepherd/the board instead of Robson for bad judgment in some cases.

I posted a while back that if the board had had a replacement for Robson, and were let down big style when he changed his mind having shook hands and gave his word, what would you say to that ? I'm not so sure that changing Robson previous to when he went was a good idea, and not many people said so at the time either, most people were happy with the players he brought in that summer, which were Butt, Carr, Kluivert and Milner.

Seriously though, how fucking boring is Leazes? If I didn't think he'd get excited at the extra traffic, I'd propose an invasion of his board whereupon we ruin every fucking thread on there by calling people double wankers, KK bandwagon jumpers, and accuse them of saying things they've never said. Over and over and over again.

If anyone fancies cattling his board in this manner, I'd be up for it. :nufc:

He posted in the general chat forum on there telling everyone the board might be invaded by "the Toonastic lot" :lol:

I don't think he's realised that his post is the only one that's been made on his board in the last 3 days. :lol:

Seriously though, how fucking boring is Leazes? If I didn't think he'd get excited at the extra traffic, I'd propose an invasion of his board whereupon we ruin every fucking thread on there by calling people double wankers, KK bandwagon jumpers, and accuse them of saying things they've never said. Over and over and over again.

If anyone fancies cattling his board in this manner, I'd be up for it. ;)

He posted in the general chat forum on there telling everyone the board might be invaded by "the Toonastic lot" :lol:

I don't think he's realised that his post is the only one that's been made on his board in the last 3 days. :lol:

:nufc: Him and Pilchard Chops manning the barricades.

So you want to congratulate Shepherd for showing ambition by spending money, yet you want to slag the West Ham board off for doing the same thing! :lol:

You couldn't make it up.

As for the 5 years before Souness, we've finished 13th, 13th, 11th, 11th, 4th, 3rd, 5th, 14th, 7th, (Currently 11th) under Shepherd, that's more bottom half finishes than top half in the last decade, as well as getting the club £80 million in debt.

What a great job Shepherd as done.

To repeat what I said, Baggio, as you clearly can't read, the point is to show people like you that not everyone out there is going to be automatically superior to our current directors, when you harp on about a new board, and a "plan", being the ticket to success.

As for Curbishley, I have always thought he was nothing but a mediocre manager, and said so, appointed by mediocre clubs with no ambition, who has shown he can run a club on a nothing budget and keep them safe, taking no risks - the outlook of a mediocre club with no ambition. He might in time get West Ham back up, but that is his limit. I would say Roeder has more desire and more passion for his club than Curbishley would have, and be a better manager as a result. But West Ham, bless their little cockney socks, should have kept Pardew, who beats him hands down. I HOPE they go down and never come back up.

If anyone fancies cattling his board in this manner, I'd be up for it. :nufc:

lets put it this way Baggio, we don't have to wade through bollocks posted by you and your ilk to find the decent posts ;);)

lets put it this way Baggio, we don't have to wade through bollocks posted by you and your ilk to find the decent posts ;);)

Just have to wait half a week to get any :nufc:

Just have to wait half a week to get any :nufc:

never mind Jon, I see yours is getting millions of posters too ;):(:icon_lol: [crap ones mind] :)

I don't have one, if you are talking about N-O then the majority of posts are probably from you arguing and trying to turn every thread about the board (as usual).

well, we don't really want copy and paste posts on howaythetoon mate.

If you think you would get loads of posters, why not start one ?

Edited by LeazesMag

Because im not sad enough to start my own little shite forum that barely gets any posts and where everyone probably agrees with each other on everything when there are two perfectly good forums in N-O and TT.

Don't really like speaking for the majority but I reckon most people don't want your shite, same old same old copy and paste type of posts on the forums either.

Edited by Gejon

I don't have one, if you are talking about N-O then the majority of posts are probably from you arguing and trying to turn every thread about the board (as usual).

well, we don't really want copy and paste posts on howaythetoon mate.

If you think you would get loads of posters, why not start one ?

Copy and paste posts Leazes?

You'd better be careful or you'll explode in a huge puff of irony.

not since 1963 he wasn't. The point being that he was only interested in managing Newcastle when they were worth managing, to put a perspective on it.

Supporters of the football club have admitted appointing Souness was a monumental cock up. Supporters of the football club with good judgement said so at the time, quite loudly, and often in fact. It was people like Gemma, Craig and others who said we should give him time, give him money, and allow him to sell our best players and predicted that we would be better off as a result.

Your last line is beyond any dispute at all, although you must remember that Bobby Robson also showed "planning", ie bringing in young players who were thought had potential and would improve, only it didn't work out the way we hoped, but this seems to have been forgotten by people who for some strange reason are now blaming Shepherd/the board instead of Robson for bad judgment in some cases.

I posted a while back that if the board had had a replacement for Robson, and were let down big style when he changed his mind having shook hands and gave his word, what would you say to that ? I'm not so sure that changing Robson previous to when he went was a good idea, and not many people said so at the time either, most people were happy with the players he brought in that summer, which were Butt, Carr, Kluivert and Milner.

I would say the Board did their best, were let down badly and then had to make do. I haven't heard anything to that affect, don't know if you have.

Anyway, as for the present. I'm happy enough with what i hear about Roeder's work on the club's structure. I don't think he's been great for the 1st team though which is what he'll ultimately be judged on. Not sure of his tactics, selections, motivational skills nor his match preparation, what's your opinion on the latter? Do you think he could do better with selections/preparation? Do you think he can fire up the players? I'm not sure he delivers on this part.

As on previous occasions, you have more perception of NUFC than some of our own current fans. Particularly KK bandwagon jumpers, like Noelie and KCG. Who appear to think the current board have done nothing for the club, especially Noelie who will not comment on my suggestion to him that he is simply now slating the board who attracted him back to the club that he wasn't interested in for decades .....

It is now apparent that in addition to your being a pedantic self-congratulating efusive egoist you have revealed an even darker and more pitiful side to your somewhat dubious character. You are now resorting to false accusations and observations which have no foundation or merit and are obviously figments of your somewhat twisted mind.

I have never slated the board, I have never thought the current board have done nothing for the club, and I am not a KK bandwagon jumper as you allege. I have supported the club since before you were even born and seen more glory-days than perhaps you ever will.

It is my considered opinion that you should seek professional help to solve your apparent mental problems before they deteriorate further. And do yourself a favour by not trying to get the better of Noelie with your falsehoods and asinine rhetoric.

it is my opinion that you should substantiate your previous claims you have genuine knowledge of this football club by posting information which proves it to be the case, such as answering those questions I asked you a few weeks ago or whenever it was.

It is also my opinion that you should accept that people have a closer view than you do to the club.

It is also my opinion that you should talk - or post, in a less silly fashion which is obviously an attempt to portray intelligence to hide the fact you in fact know very little about the club during the last few decades.

Your diligence and perseverence in proving yourself to be a complete idiot is highly commendable and has to be admired and applauded.

Your efforts and determination in continually proving yourself stupid have not gone un-noticed and I trust you are well satisfied with your success.

I bow to your self-proclaimed superiority and knowledge of all things pertaining to Newcastle United, and applaud your idiotic stupidity which shines like a beacon for all to see.

your lack of ability to make constructive comments or debate on Newcastle Uniteds past history with me, despite you saying you have knowledge of it, and myself requesting you to impart your knowledge, is noted. It is therefore, my opinion, that you have no more knowledge of this club than someone who is a KK bandwagon jumper, as there is no doubt whatsoever that if you felt you could prove me wrong, or yourself to have more knowledge of the club, that you would.

I believe I have made some very constructive comments, especially about you!

(1) PEDANTIC.........one who parades his learning,...one who is unimaginative or unduly emphasizes........

(2) SELF-CONGRATULATING.....one who congratulates himself.........

(3) EFUSIVE..........excessively demonstrative.........gushing..........

(4) EGOISM..............................self interest is the motive of all conscious action.............

I think these comments made about you just about sum up what you are all about, YOURSELF.

And as for debating with you about Newcastle United's past history, would be like trying to convince an idiot that he was stupid, and as you have already proved yourself to be an idiot I'd be wasting my time.

And proving you wrong would also be a waste of time as you have these idiotic fixations that you and you alone are the only person with superior knowledge of all things Newcastle. Only people with open minds can debate a subject, you have a closed mind and all you want to do is lecture.

AND, it's going to be interesting, perhaps laughable, to see how your feeble attempt at rebuttal to this post will be.

As on previous occasions, you have more perception of NUFC than some of our own current fans. Particularly KK bandwagon jumpers, like Noelie and KCG. Who appear to think the current board have done nothing for the club, especially Noelie who will not comment on my suggestion to him that he is simply now slating the board who attracted him back to the club that he wasn't interested in for decades .....

It is now apparent that in addition to your being a pedantic self-congratulating efusive egoist you have revealed an even darker and more pitiful side to your somewhat dubious character. You are now resorting to false accusations and observations which have no foundation or merit and are obviously figments of your somewhat twisted mind.

I have never slated the board, I have never thought the current board have done nothing for the club, and I am not a KK bandwagon jumper as you allege. I have supported the club since before you were even born and seen more glory-days than perhaps you ever will.

It is my considered opinion that you should seek professional help to solve your apparent mental problems before they deteriorate further. And do yourself a favour by not trying to get the better of Noelie with your falsehoods and asinine rhetoric.

it is my opinion that you should substantiate your previous claims you have genuine knowledge of this football club by posting information which proves it to be the case, such as answering those questions I asked you a few weeks ago or whenever it was.

It is also my opinion that you should accept that people have a closer view than you do to the club.

It is also my opinion that you should talk - or post, in a less silly fashion which is obviously an attempt to portray intelligence to hide the fact you in fact know very little about the club during the last few decades.

Your diligence and perseverence in proving yourself to be a complete idiot is highly commendable and has to be admired and applauded.

Your efforts and determination in continually proving yourself stupid have not gone un-noticed and I trust you are well satisfied with your success.

I bow to your self-proclaimed superiority and knowledge of all things pertaining to Newcastle United, and applaud your idiotic stupidity which shines like a beacon for all to see.

your lack of ability to make constructive comments or debate on Newcastle Uniteds past history with me, despite you saying you have knowledge of it, and myself requesting you to impart your knowledge, is noted. It is therefore, my opinion, that you have no more knowledge of this club than someone who is a KK bandwagon jumper, as there is no doubt whatsoever that if you felt you could prove me wrong, or yourself to have more knowledge of the club, that you would.

(1) PEDANTIC.........one who parades his learning,...one who is unimaginative or unduly emphasizes........

(4) EGOISM..............................self interest is the motive of all conscious action.............

I think these comments made about you just about sum up what you are all about, YOURSELF.

And as for debating with you about Newcastle United's past history, would be like trying to convince an idiot that he was stupid, and as you have already proved yourself to be an idiot I'd be wasting my time.

And proving you wrong would also be a waste of time as you have these idiotic fixations that you and you alone are the only person with superior knowledge of all things Newcastle. Only people with open minds can debate a subject, you have a closed mind and all you want to do is lecture.

AND, it's going to be interesting, perhaps laughable, to see how your feeble attempt at rebuttal to this post will be.

Noelie, feel free to ask me about any era you like, since I first started watching the club in 1964 ?

Why don't you feel free to talk about the era's you have witnessed, in the same way ?

Unless you are, laughably, lying when you say you have a knowledge of the club of these era's.

It's a fairly basic and fair question. And it is rather odd that you don't seem to want to share it, open your mind and share your experiences !!!!

Take your time. You may as well, you have avoided it very well so far.

I would say the Board did their best, were let down badly and then had to make do. I haven't heard anything to that affect, don't know if you have.

Anyway, as for the present. I'm happy enough with what i hear about Roeder's work on the club's structure. I don't think he's been great for the 1st team though which is what he'll ultimately be judged on. Not sure of his tactics, selections, motivational skills nor his match preparation, what's your opinion on the latter? Do you think he could do better with selections/preparation? Do you think he can fire up the players? I'm not sure he delivers on this part.

I think they have made what they think is an appointment with its merits. Having been down the road appointing managers with winning track records to try and match Keegan, they have changed tack and gave a chance to someone who has coaching ability, and is an ex captain of the club and will give it his very best shot, and put the club first. For that reason, he has my support for now and I sincerely hope he succeeds, obviously.

There has been an odd game where the team has played shit - since Martins has started scoring goals and Dyer came back and the shape of the team improved - but this is down to a lack of quality in certain positions, I would say, and the spirit of the team and the younger players has carried them through some other games. For the most part, the players come out looking well motivated for the game though, and we have came from behind a lot to win or draw after conceding first a lot, which tells you they are motivated to play for each other.

He isn't, and never will be, a motivator like Keegan for instance, so he won't be a top manager. But if he can buy a couple of good players this summer we would do better, and whether this is by luck or good judgement, who cares ? Is spotting Martins luck or good judgement ? He also discovered Kevin Phillips, so who knows what he may do. If he gets money and spends it badly he'll be sacked. Remember, for us, a top 6 place and the League Cup would have us creaming in our nicks and Roeder could do this, maybe.

Like most people, I think some of his selections have been puzzling. Lots of managers do this, and I wonder why they all do it. But I don't believe in playing players out of position, especially your best ones. He also needs to choose between Butt and Parker. Duck these decisions and they don't succeed either. For the balance of the team, he will need to buy a striker if Martins and Owen don't gel together, as well as having strength in depth up front.

I hope Zoggy comes back from his "young player 2nd season" dip in form, and Duff regains his form he has shown in the past, otherwise he will have to be peddled. But I think that Zoggy will come back and be a top player, which will obviously be a big boost, so long as his French mates at Arsenal don't tempt him to join them.

http://z3.invisionfree.com/NUFCforum/index...?showtopic=2442

:lol: LM gutted that the proposed invasion hasn't taken place.

funny thing is mate, they think this is my board, when you and NE5 are the admin

:D

Fucking hell, the guy's got split personalities.

Leazes, EVERYONE knows that you post as NE5. Give it up!

do you really think so Craig :icon_lol:

Noelie, feel free to ask me about any era you like, since I first started watching the club in 1964 ?

Why don't you feel free to talk about the era's you have witnessed, in the same way ?

Unless you are, laughably, lying when you say you have a knowledge of the club of these era's.

It's a fairly basic and fair question. And it is rather odd that you don't seem to want to share it, open your mind and share your experiences !!!!

Take your time. You may as well, you have avoided it very well so far.

LeasesMag, Do you have any idea of just how big a fool you are showing yourself to be?

Your constant finger-pointing, your constant question asking, your fixation with the current board, your constant fixation with yourself and how much you know, your continuous inane replies, are making you a laughing stock on this forum.

You are like a young boy treading water in a wading-pool that's knee deep who doesn't have the sense to stand up and save himself from the ridicule.