Fat Fred

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Decisions  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As on previous occasions, you have more perception of NUFC than some of our own current fans. Particularly KK bandwagon jumpers, like Noelie and KCG. Who appear to think the current board have done nothing for the club, especially Noelie who will not comment on my suggestion to him that he is simply now slating the board who attracted him back to the club that he wasn't interested in for decades .....

It is now apparent that in addition to your being a pedantic self-congratulating efusive egoist you have revealed an even darker and more pitiful side to your somewhat dubious character. You are now resorting to false accusations and observations which have no foundation or merit and are obviously figments of your somewhat twisted mind.

I have never slated the board, I have never thought the current board have done nothing for the club, and I am not a KK bandwagon jumper as you allege. I have supported the club since before you were even born and seen more glory-days than perhaps you ever will.

It is my considered opinion that you should seek professional help to solve your apparent mental problems before they deteriorate further. And do yourself a favour by not trying to get the better of Noelie with your falsehoods and asinine rhetoric.

Mate, if ONE poster posts something on the board which Leazes doesn't agree with, we all get accused of saying it, pretty much until the end of time. He doesn't need to prove you've said something, you just have.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As on previous occasions, you have more perception of NUFC than some of our own current fans. Particularly KK bandwagon jumpers, like Noelie and KCG. Who appear to think the current board have done nothing for the club, especially Noelie who will not comment on my suggestion to him that he is simply now slating the board who attracted him back to the club that he wasn't interested in for decades .....

It is now apparent that in addition to your being a pedantic self-congratulating efusive egoist you have revealed an even darker and more pitiful side to your somewhat dubious character. You are now resorting to false accusations and observations which have no foundation or merit and are obviously figments of your somewhat twisted mind.

I have never slated the board, I have never thought the current board have done nothing for the club, and I am not a KK bandwagon jumper as you allege. I have supported the club since before you were even born and seen more glory-days than perhaps you ever will.

It is my considered opinion that you should seek professional help to solve your apparent mental problems before they deteriorate further. And do yourself a favour by not trying to get the better of Noelie with your falsehoods and asinine rhetoric.

it is my opinion that you should substantiate your previous claims you have genuine knowledge of this football club by posting information which proves it to be the case, such as answering those questions I asked you a few weeks ago or whenever it was.

It is also my opinion that you should accept that people have a closer view than you do to the club.

It is also my opinion that you should talk - or post, in a less silly fashion which is obviously an attempt to portray intelligence to hide the fact you in fact know very little about the club during the last few decades.

Mate, if ONE poster posts something on the board which Leazes doesn't agree with, we all get accused of saying it, pretty much until the end of time. He doesn't need to prove you've said something, you just have.

you should stop scratching your chums dicks all the time then, giving the impression you agree with them .............

:naughty:

it is my opinion that you should substantiate your previous claims you have genuine knowledge of this football club by posting information which proves it to be the case, such as answering those questions I asked you a few weeks ago or whenever it was.

It is also my opinion that you should accept that people have a closer view than you do to the club.

It is also my opinion that you should talk - or post, in a less silly fashion which is obviously an attempt to portray intelligence to hide the fact you in fact know very little about the club during the last few decades.

Your diligence and perseverence in proving yourself to be a complete idiot is highly commendable and has to be admired and applauded.

Your efforts and determination in continually proving yourself stupid have not gone un-noticed and I trust you are well satisfied with your success.

I bow to your self-proclaimed superiority and knowledge of all things pertaining to Newcastle United, and applaud your idiotic stupidity which shines like a beacon for all to see.

Is anybody else really bored of Leazes now?

Yes.

KK bandwagon jumpers bore me .......

Especially when they don't admit it.

Your constant reference to this bores me. We're not all as old as you.

I'm 30 now - which is pretty old compared to many of the posters on here. When KK joined as manager I was about 15. I guess this makes me a KK bandwagon jumper. I went to my first match when I was 8, but I wasn't a regular go-er as money was tight in our house.

People a few years younger than me will have been coming with their parents/older siblings during this time. So much of our experience of Newcastle stems from the KK era.

Think about it this way, some of the posters on here were still in nappies when KK joined!

By your logic, in 5/6 years time we'll need to start calling people SBR bandwagon jumpers after he rescued the club from it's potential demise. The fact that they were only just old enough then is irrelevant.

Well done, you've supported the club for longer than many of us have been alive. Whilst that is an achievement which deserves some recognition (especially given our history) it does not give you the excuse to become bitter or resentful towards others because of it.

Seriously though, how fucking boring is Leazes? If I didn't think he'd get excited at the extra traffic, I'd propose an invasion of his board whereupon we ruin every fucking thread on there by calling people double wankers, KK bandwagon jumpers, and accuse them of saying things they've never said. Over and over and over again.

If anyone fancies cattling his board in this manner, I'd be up for it. :lol:

Seriously though, how fucking boring is Leazes? If I didn't think he'd get excited at the extra traffic, I'd propose an invasion of his board whereupon we ruin every fucking thread on there by calling people double wankers, KK bandwagon jumpers, and accuse them of saying things they've never said. Over and over and over again.

tut tut

The joke that is Leazes stopped being funny a long time ago. Count me in. :lol::nufc:;) ;)

Your diligence and perseverence in proving yourself to be a complete idiot is highly commendable and has to be admired and applauded.

Your efforts and determination in continually proving yourself stupid have not gone un-noticed and I trust you are well satisfied with your success.

I bow to your self-proclaimed superiority and knowledge of all things pertaining to Newcastle United, and applaud your idiotic stupidity which shines like a beacon for all to see.

your lack of ability to make constructive comments or debate on Newcastle Uniteds past history with me, despite you saying you have knowledge of it, and myself requesting you to impart your knowledge, is noted. It is therefore, my opinion, that you have no more knowledge of this club than someone who is a KK bandwagon jumper, as there is no doubt whatsoever that if you felt you could prove me wrong, or yourself to have more knowledge of the club, that you would.

With liberal applications of the modern-day classic, I trust:

ruudlx1.jpg

With liberal applications of the modern-day classic, I trust:

ruudlx1.jpg

Me dad's just came in me room and politely asked me what the fuck is that picture? :lol:

Yes.

I'm 30 now - which is pretty old compared to many of the posters on here. When KK joined as manager I was about 15. I guess this makes me a KK bandwagon jumper. I went to my first match when I was 8, but I wasn't a regular go-er as money was tight in our house.

People a few years younger than me will have been coming with their parents/older siblings during this time. So much of our experience of Newcastle stems from the KK era.

Think about it this way, some of the posters on here were still in nappies when KK joined!

By your logic, in 5/6 years time we'll need to start calling people SBR bandwagon jumpers after he rescued the club from it's potential demise. The fact that they were only just old enough then is irrelevant.

Well done, you've supported the club for longer than many of us have been alive. Whilst that is an achievement which deserves some recognition (especially given our history) it does not give you the excuse to become bitter or resentful towards others because of it.

You have the wrong end of the stick completely. I have said on numerous occasions that I realise a vast number of people are younger than I am. That is obvious, and plenty of the younger lads - and girls - are committed and massive supporters of the club, like anyone else of any age.

KK bandwagon jumpers are those of the 30,000 people - I won't call them "fans" - who were not interested in the club for decades, then jumped on the bandwagon when they thought the club was going to win things, and dare I say it, qualify for europe regularly which is now taken for granted, but now deny they were not interested in the club and say they have always been "fans", when they have not.

As a slight deviation from that, I myself would always want to know what people think of the club if they were supporters of the club before I was old enough to support them myself, or before I was born. This is what I have said to Noelie, but the idiot has made it quite clear that he has no such knowledge despite saying that he has.

If people don't want to know about the clubs history, then OK but I am not pointing out the fact that many many potential directors or board members out there could be worse than what we have for nothing. Only someone with their head in the clouds could say this is not possible, because it is. The fact that we have had such directors in the past should also tell you that Newcastle United are not themselves immune to this. OUr current directors have done very well for this club since they took over. We were in fact, where Leeds were now, when they did. Going into the 3rd division, bust, and a share issue which could not even raise 2.5m quid, such was the level of interest among all the "clubs loyal supporters who have always supported the club". This figure includes businesses in the city, who also shunned the club when they had the opportunity.

This was the level of apathy, which built up over a period of over 30 years of promises, falls, selling our best players, prolonged periods in the old 2nd division, and letting the stadium and facilities go to complete ratshit.

i love leazesmag's comedy stock phrases: KK bandwagon jumpers, Fancy Dan lecturers, tut tut, double wanker, fuck monkey etc

the list is endless

I love the way you keep defending your bum chums, and don't have a mind of your own.

"fuck monkey" is a saying initiated by KCG. I did, however, invent the phrase "KK bandwagon jumper" for such people.....

:lol:

Yes.

You have the wrong end of the stick completely. I have said on numerous occasions that I realise a vast number of people are younger than I am. That is obvious, and plenty of the younger lads - and girls - are committed and massive supporters of the club, like anyone else of any age.

KK bandwagon jumpers are those of the 30,000 people - I won't call them "fans" - who were not interested in the club for decades, then jumped on the bandwagon when they thought the club was going to win things, and dare I say it, qualify for europe regularly which is now taken for granted, but now deny they were not interested in the club and say they have always been "fans", when they have not.

As a slight deviation from that, I myself would always want to know what people think of the club if they were supporters of the club before I was old enough to support them myself, or before I was born. This is what I have said to Noelie, but the idiot has made it quite clear that he has no such knowledge despite saying that he has.

If people don't want to know about the clubs history, then OK but I am not pointing out the fact that many many potential directors or board members out there could be worse than what we have for nothing. Only someone with their head in the clouds could say this is not possible, because it is. The fact that we have had such directors in the past should also tell you that Newcastle United are not themselves immune to this. OUr current directors have done very well for this club since they took over. We were in fact, where Leeds were now, when they did. Going into the 3rd division, bust, and a share issue which could not even raise 2.5m quid, such was the level of interest among all the "clubs loyal supporters who have always supported the club". This figure includes businesses in the city, who also shunned the club when they had the opportunity.

This was the level of apathy, which built up over a period of over 30 years of promises, falls, selling our best players, prolonged periods in the old 2nd division, and letting the stadium and facilities go to complete ratshit.

The whole of football was different before Sky became involved though wasn't it? Lack of investment, shit grounds, low crowds, hooliganism, sexism, and racism (I can see you would have been in your element) were rife in the 70s and 80s, and affected all clubs. And yes, for the majority of that time Newcastle were even shitter than they are now, yet despite this we still got some of the best crowds through the majority of that period. You can't put all the transformation of NUFC down to Shepherd and the Halls without recognising the sport has fundamentally changed, and we were fortunate enough to have a chairman at the right time (John Hall) and an inspirational manager (Keegan) that tapped into the phenomenal support of this one club city. But since they left respectively, the story has been one of gradual decline and accumulating debts.

For the last time Leazes, no one is saying that a change in board would automatically make things better or that that there is no possibility it would make things worse (if they are then find that link please). Most are well aware now that no-one will touch us with a shitty stick anyway due to our colossal debts. But speaking for myself, I would say I am pissed off with the consistently poor decisions Shepherd and the board have made over the last ten years, which has led to considerable underachievement and disappointment over on the pitch. Now before you spout your 5th best crap I am taking into account the level of support we had garnered under and Hall Keegan, and not counting what they achieved between them under your abritrary measure (i.e. I am talking about the period of Shepherd's chairmanship).

Despite now 3 years of shit football we have still managed to get the crowds in (these KK bandwagon jumpers you refer to) which is pretty surprising all things considered. And despite that, the decline continues, with no indication it will get any better. In all honesty, with the exception of a couple of years under Robson (a fortunate rather than inspired appointment), the last decade has not been good and we remain trophyless, something even Boro have rectified. And again, before you start, we all know things were worse 20 years ago, but is our performance acceptable given our support, given the potential we had when Shepherd took over as chairman? You, who are well and truly a dinosaur living in the past, appear to think so; I, and many others disagree. It's as simple as that.

Yes.

The whole of football was different before Sky became involved though wasn't it? Lack of investment, shit grounds, low crowds, hooliganism, sexism, and racism (I can see you would have been in your element) were rife in the 70s and 80s, and affected all clubs. And yes, for the majority of that time Newcastle were even shitter than they are now, yet despite this we still got some of the best crowds through the majority of that period. You can't put all the transformation of NUFC down to Shepherd and the Halls without recognising the sport has fundamentally changed, and we were fortunate enough to have a chairman at the right time (John Hall) and an inspirational manager (Keegan) that tapped into the phenomenal support of this one club city. But since they left respectively, the story has been one of gradual decline and accumulating debts.

For the last time Leazes, no one is saying that a change in board would automatically make things better or that that there is no possibility it would make things worse (if they are then find that link please). Most are well aware now that no-one will touch us with a shitty stick anyway due to our colossal debts. But speaking for myself, I would say I am pissed off with the consistently poor decisions Shepherd and the board have made over the last ten years, which has led to considerable underachievement and disappointment over on the pitch. Now before you spout your 5th best crap I am taking into account the level of support we had garnered under and Hall Keegan, and not counting what they achieved between them under your abritrary measure (i.e. I am talking about the period of Shepherd's chairmanship).

Despite now 3 years of shit football we have still managed to get the crowds in (these KK bandwagon jumpers you refer to) which is pretty surprising all things considered. And despite that, the decline continues, with no indication it will get any better. In all honesty, with the exception of a couple of years under Robson (a fortunate rather than inspired appointment), the last decade has not been good and we remain trophyless, something even Boro have rectified. And again, before you start, we all know things were worse 20 years ago, but is our performance acceptable given our support, given the potential we had when Shepherd took over as chairman? You, who are well and truly a dinosaur living in the past, appear to think so; I, and many others disagree. It's as simple as that.

Sir John Hall handed the club over to Shepherd in a better condition than it had been in for decades, we were second in the league, had an excellent team, financially stable and we hadn't long broke the World transfer record to bring Alan Shearer to the club.

Where are we now? We have a mid table team at best, paper thin squad and we will be lucky if we qualify for the Intertoto next season let alone Europe, not to mention we're up to our eyes in debt with the club running at a loss.

We will never reach the heights we did with Sir John under the fat man, nowhere near.

Yes.

the point being Renton, that Newcastle United has ALWAYS had a bigger potential fanbase, back then and just like now. The difference being, as I said, it wasn't tapped before. You aren't going to tell me that Leeds dominated football because they had the biggest crowds during Revie's era ? And all the poxy little clubs who were above us for year when we were in the 2nd division didn't also have sky money ?

The fundamental change, is simply down to the fact that they WANTED to, and had the courage to, tap the fanbase and try to make the club more successful.

There is no point in advocating change unless you are confident it is for the better. I think you should talk about the managerial periods of Dalglish, Gullit, Robson and Souness compared to Keegan, rather than the change in chairman, as in my opinion this is the crucial area which is the reason for us not retaining 2nd place in the premiership. Which of course, is back to the question - where is a manager as good as Keegan and if Dalglish, Robson and Gullit were not appointed in the belief they could keep the club challenging for honours, what other criteria would you use other than appointing managers who had done it before ?

Sorry Renton, but 3 years isn't really very long, and it hasn't always been shit, and we have been one of the countries representatives in europe too. Robson is no more a fortunate appointment than Allardyce is for Bolton, for instance. Furthermore, Robson could have came to Newcastle at any time in 30 years before he was appointed, and was approached by NUFC in 1997, 2 years before he accepted. So, fortunate, it actually and certainly was not.

Yes.

Sir John Hall handed the club over to Shepherd in a better condition than it had been in for decades, we were second in the league, had an excellent team, financially stable and we hadn't long broke the World transfer record to bring Alan Shearer to the club.

Where are we now? We have a mid table team at best, paper thin squad and we will be lucky if we qualify for the Intertoto next season let alone Europe, not to mention we're up to our eyes in debt with the club running at a loss.

We will never reach the heights we did with Sir John under the fat man, nowhere near.

You mean under Keegan ? [not chosen by Sir John, but by Hall Jnr, Shepherd and Fletcher, who overruled Sir John and forced him to accept the change of manager ]

Yes.

You mean under Keegan ? [not chosen by Sir John, but by Hall Jnr, Shepherd and Fletcher, who overruled Sir John and forced him to accept the change of manager ]

Freddie Fletcher instigated Keegan becoming manager after a conversation with him months earlier, he put it to Hall Jr and Shepherd (the tea boy at the time iirc) and they approached Sir John from there.

However I'm talking about since Sir John stepped down as chairman, how has Freddie Shepherd taken the club forward since he took charge a decade ago?

A new training ground and an expansion to a stadium that he'll be lucky to fill at the rate he's going, on the pitch we've gone backwards a hell of a lot.

Yes.

Freddie Fletcher instigated Keegan becoming manager after a conversation with him months earlier, he put it to Hall Jr and Shepherd (the tea boy at the time iirc) and they approached Sir John from there.

However I'm talking about since Sir John stepped down as chairman, how has Freddie Shepherd taken the club forward since he took charge a decade ago?

A new training ground and an expansion to a stadium that he'll be lucky to fill at the rate he's going, on the pitch we've gone backwards a hell of a lot.

"planning".

As for not matching the 2nd place we had when Keegan was manager, you are right. Could you tell us what criteria they should have used to replace him, if you didn't think Dalglish, Gullit and Robson were qualified enough ?

BTW - they have backed all these managers just as much as Keegan. Do you think they should have not bought so many "trophy" players ....... ie players like the mackems buy, and players like we did ourselves prior to 1992, in other words, mainly crap ones ?

PS. Nice to see your bias - or head up the arse - concering Shepherd shows here ..... but then again, it has been fairly obvious you are blinkered and so hindering you from forming an opinion of your own. Fact is, when we were 2nd in the league he was nr 2 to Hall Snr and played a major role in the appointment of Keegan, but don't make things up to suit your head in the sand !!!!!!

Who do you think will be better if he is replaced ? Or are you not bothered who replaces them ?

Edited by LeazesMag