Baby murdered in Cowgate

peasepud

Murder accused at son's funeral

Alexander Gallon

Four-month-old Alexander Gallon died in a fire

A young mother has attended the funeral on Tyneside of the four-month-old baby son she is accused of murdering.

Alexander Gallon died in a fire in Link Road, Cowgate, on 28 August.

Danielle Wails, 21, who was flanked by two prison officers, wiped away tears as she attended the service at West Road Cemetery on Monday.

She is remanded in custody and has yet to enter a plea to the murder charge. Alexander died of a combination of carbon monoxide poisoning and burns.

Around 50 mourners attended the funeral service, including the baby's father Robert Gallon, and grandparents Carol and David Wails and Michael and Ethel Gallon.

Superintendent Barbara Franklin, who led the investigation into Alexander's death, also attended with colleagues.

A provisional date of 20 February 2006 has been set for Ms Wails' trial.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres what I've learned today and have to point out that this is the view of a person involved in the case and is not a guarantee of guilt or whatever.

Basically, the family are well known to the police and theres been a lot of bother between the parents neither of which is (to coin a phrase) the brightest bulb in the box. Basically the coppers first on the scene found the mother and child as already described however what hasnt been made known is that she had her hands tied at the wrists in front of her. When asked how she dialed the emergency services she said, with her tongue, the phone she used was a mobile. Now Im not sure if you've ever tried this but have a go at hitting any key on your moby with your tongue, its damn hard if not impossible. Yet her hands were tied in front of her therefore it would be fairly easy to hold a mobile steady and press the keys.

Its being seen as a cry for help, basically she wanted some attention following yet another argument with the childs father so she concoted this story which unfortunately went horribly wrong.

Heres what I've learned today and have to point out that this is the view of a person involved in the case and is not a guarantee of guilt or whatever.

Basically, the family are well known to the police and theres been a lot of bother between the parents neither of which is (to coin a phrase) the brightest bulb in the box. Basically the coppers first on the scene found the mother and child as already described however what hasnt been made known is that she had her hands tied at the wrists in front of her. When asked how she dialed the emergency services she said, with her tongue, the phone she used was a mobile. Now Im not sure if you've ever tried this but have a go at hitting any key on your moby with your tongue, its damn hard if not impossible. Yet her hands were tied in front of her therefore it would be fairly easy to hold a mobile steady and press the keys.

Its being seen as a cry for help, basically she wanted some attention following yet another argument with the childs father so she concoted this story which unfortunately went horribly wrong.

35511[/snapback]

If that turns out to be the case, it is a very sad set of circumstances.

35513[/snapback]

Agreed, "my source" didnt known whether she actually meant the fire bit or whether she somehow accidentally set fire to the settee, whether with a tab or something. Either way, she didnt mean to hurt the kid.

35513[/snapback]

Agreed, "my source" didnt known whether she actually meant the fire bit or whether she somehow accidentally set fire to the settee, whether with a tab or something. Either way, she didnt mean to hurt the kid.

35515[/snapback]

Probably top herself if thats the case as I'm suer she won't be able to live with that for the rest of her life, I couldn't

35511[/snapback]

aug 31st

"this doesn't sound like your average breaking and entering - this sounds like family & friends to me"

it is just so sad and bloody depressing........... it really gets to me that someone could desperate (and stupid) that they would do this

35511[/snapback]

aug 31st

"this doesn't sound like your average breaking and entering - this sounds like family & friends to me"

it is just so sad and bloody depressing........... it really gets to me that someone could desperate (and stupid) that they would do this

35736[/snapback]

Wow well done Rob. Guess what? It didn't sound like your average breaking and entering to me either, on the basis it involved a baby being killed. Of course you omit the fact that your speculation about it being an everyday house fire with tragic consequences appear to be wrong especially given the fact you advised people not to jump the gun on this one.

35511[/snapback]

aug 31st

35736[/snapback]

Wow well done Rob. Guess what? It didn't sound like your average breaking and entering to me either, on the basis it involved a baby being killed. Of course you omit the fact that your speculation about it being an everyday house fire with tragic consequences appear to be wrong especially given the fact you advised people not to jump the gun on this one.

35764[/snapback]

He certainly covered his bases with his constant (yet according to him ill-advised) speculation. Love the way he quotes himself though. :razz: "Look at me. I'm THAT good". :blink:

35511[/snapback]

aug 31st

35736[/snapback]

35764[/snapback]

He certainly covered his bases with his constant (yet according to him ill-advised) speculation. Love the way he quotes himself though. :razz: "Look at me. I'm THAT good". :blink:

35771[/snapback]

This board has always been a veritable haven for split personalities/personality disorders though. In fact I think it's all the funnier for it as they tend to be the most entertaining.

Which makes it increasingly annoying that posters like Asprilla's Foreskin, Sima and Wacky Junior have now 'gone straight' as it were. They intrigue me the most - blaze onto the scene talking an absolute tirade of bollocks then realise they like the place and have to undergo a complete identity overhaul.

...speaking of which Glasgow Mag hasn't been on for a while. :o

He certainly covered his bases with his constant (yet according to him ill-advised) speculation.  Love the way he quotes himself though. ;)  "Look at me.  I'm THAT good". :wacko:

35771[/snapback]

Rest assured that Rob will ALWAYS come back to a thread to quote himself when he thinks he's right. He should have "I told you so" as his sig, I reckon.

He certainly covered his bases with his constant (yet according to him ill-advised) speculation.  Love the way he quotes himself though. ;)  "Look at me.  I'm THAT good". :wacko:

35771[/snapback]

Rest assured that Rob will ALWAYS come back to a thread to quote himself when he thinks he's right. He should have "I told you so" as his sig, I reckon.

35820[/snapback]

HEY!! That's a great idea Catperson.............. and there was me thinking that I was just the usual Public Bar know-it-all.............

Now, what were the words that the late, great Bob Marley used at the start of one of his albums...

"JAH! All seeing, all knowing, all perfect...."

Have to change the avatar tho'...............

Now, what were the words that the late, great Bob Marley used at the start of one of his albums...

"JAH!  All seeing, all knowing, all perfect...."

35847[/snapback]

Meester Rob, I sure do KNOW when you're right! ;):wacko:

"JAH!  All seeing, all knowing, all perfect...."

35847[/snapback]

Meester Rob, I sure do KNOW when you're right! :wacko::huh:

36027[/snapback]

How does Bob Marley like his doughnuts?

Wi' jam in ;)

This board has always been a veritable haven for split personalities/personality disorders though. In fact I think it's all the funnier for it as they tend to be the most entertaining.

Which makes it increasingly annoying that posters like Asprilla's Foreskin, Sima and Wacky Junior have now 'gone straight' as it were. They intrigue me the most - blaze onto the scene talking an absolute tirade of bollocks then realise they like the place and have to undergo a complete identity overhaul.

...speaking of which Glasgow Mag hasn't been on for a while. ;)

35784[/snapback]

I admit I've got a personality disorder but i can't remember talking an absolute tirade of bollocks (whatever that is). For your information i fucking hate this place, i just like the people that post here

:wacko:

...speaking of which Glasgow Mag hasn't been on for a while. ;)

35784[/snapback]

I only act like a prick some of the time.

If you want consistency........you must look.......within.