Tottingham Hotspur

Super_Steve_Howey

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not like.

He was my ally against you and alex in those days on NO.

I don't remember being against you on NO tbh, but that's hardly a fair contest is it. And I'm implying you're fucked, before you try any funny business. ;)

Guest Patrokles

He's not like.

He was my ally against you and alex in those days on NO.

I don't remember being against you on NO tbh, but that's hardly a fair contest is it. And I'm implying you're fucked, before you try any funny business. ;)

You told Stevie to back down because I was much better at it. This was after you and alex GANGED UP to ridicule my notion of building myself a cottage/tower in the woods.

Guest Patrokles

;) You were talking fucking shit though tbf. :lol:

You can forget your invitation to the housewarming. I even expanded my designs so it'd be more like a castle. You could have had a wing to yourself. Not any more. I'll build a bar for Stevie instead.

First bit is bollocks, as expected. Santini was doing crap at Spurs.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...pur/3987327.stm

14-08-2004 English Premier Tottenham 1-1 Liverpool

21-08-2004 English Premier Newcastle 0-1 Tottenham

25-08-2004 English Premier West Brom 1-1 Tottenham

28-08-2004 English Premier Tottenham 1-0 Birmingham

12-09-2004 English Premier Tottenham 0-0 Norwich

19-09-2004 English Premier Chelsea 0-0 Tottenham

25-09-2004 English Premier Tottenham 0-1 Man Utd

02-10-2004 English Premier Everton 0-1 Tottenham

18-10-2004 English Premier Portsmouth 1-0 Tottenham

23-10-2004 English Premier Tottenham 1-2 Bolton

30-10-2004 English Premier Fulham 2-0 Tottenham

Jol's record wasn't much better for the rest of the season with the club finishing 9th, saying that no manager can be expected to walk into a club and win every game from day one, it's a building process.

I am pleased you say 10m quid wouldn't have an impact on Spurs being a PLC, ignoring the fact that we have spent massive money ourselves, far more than Spurs in fact. And - other than Chelsea and manure, 10m is a lot of money to spend on a 17 year old player, it must be damaging to them. What if he doesn't make it ? I bet the fuckwits on some of these boards would call him a "trophy" signing if we spent that much money on such a player. Yes, I mean you.

The difference is, which you're finding it hard to get your head around, is that we are £80 million in debt where Spurs have the money, he may not make it but when a scout who has spotted the majority of Arsenal's youth team tells you he's worth the money then you have to take notice.

Different from our chairman who signed a similar size cheque for a 28 year old player who we haven't even scouted on the basis of one of Souness' friends telling him he was a top 3 player in Spain.

I have no idea how well we will do in the next decade. Very well if we appoint the right manager in fact, at least we would so long as we have a board that backs him that is, because if we didn't he would simply fuck off somewhere else.

Edit. I am STILL waiting for these magical figures who are going to come in and guarantee better than regular UEFA Cup qualification, as it is so easy, and we have a divine right to better.

Nobody can name another board who will come in and make us better, you know that so why you keep asking I'm not sure.

Good boards back their chosen appointments as much as possible. Why is this a difficult concept ? And why are you slating the board for finding the money to buy Souness player, Luque, and not for Robsons player, Miguel ?

As i said, slate the board for buying players, and slate them for not. You couldn't make it up.

I keep asking for the simple reason, is why promote change when you have no idea who will be better, which is nothing other than the actions of an idiot.

I'm not slating the board for backing the manager so don't try and twist my words to suit your argument, what I said was when it comes to identifying talent to sign I'd much rather take the word of someone who scouted the majority of Arsenal's successful youth team over Souness mate. Don't you agree?

If you were chairman would you back the manager with £10 million to sign a player who the club hasn't scouted but your managers mate said he was good?

You are right we have no idea if a new board will be better, but how much longer do you think the club can go on with the level of spending with the current board? Do you think this board can take us further?

We're £80 million in debt, you say it's 'manageable' but it's getting bigger year after year, how much longer do you think this can go on?

The fact is the club can't afford to go out and buy several big name players to improve the squad, I put forward a suggestion for a DOF and use the examples of how it has been successful at both Arsenal and Spurs in redeveloping the squad on a budget (nothing to do with the last decade before you start) yet you see this as ridiculous, before you bring up Ray Wilkins at Fulham he was manager not a DOF.

How would you like to see us go about it? Do you think we should keep borrowing to buy players in the hope that we'll get it right? Do you worry about us doing a Leeds?

it sounds from here you are slating the board for spending money and not spending money, in fact you are.

Keegan was the DOF at Fulham, not Wilkins, as I have pointed this out to you before. How good a DOF was Keegan ? He was anonymous until he was manager, and also proves a DOF doesn't necessarily appoint a good manager as he appointed Wilkins. So - more bollocks from you. I am not interested in fancy titles, they are bollocks too. The manager is the main man and the one man who decides how you tick as a club.

Don't bother coming out with the crap about Arsenal too. Everybody wants to be like Arsenal over the last decade and have a manager like Wenger, we have came a damn sight nearer to most clubs to them.

No, we aren;t going to end up like Leeds. BTW, where Leeds are is where we were when the Halls and Shepherd took over the club.

As STevie says above to danthebrain, so many of our fans are cretins these days.

Next.

i still expect them to finish above us but we're similar clubs in many ways. both have ideas abover our station.

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh FUCK OFF

FUCKIN JOKER

TOP 5 ONCE IN 15 YEARS. THEY OVER ACHIEVE, WE UNDER ACHIEVE, END FUCKIN OF.

OUR SUPPORT HAS CHANGED IN 10 YEARS, SO MANY CUNTS NOW IT ANNOYS ME.

forget to take your prozac?

he's absolutely right and you are a prime example

i still expect them to finish above us but we're similar clubs in many ways. both have ideas abover our station.

aghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh FUCK OFF

FUCKIN JOKER

TOP 5 ONCE IN 15 YEARS. THEY OVER ACHIEVE, WE UNDER ACHIEVE, END FUCKIN OF.

OUR SUPPORT HAS CHANGED IN 10 YEARS, SO MANY CUNTS NOW IT ANNOYS ME.

forget to take your prozac?

he's absolutely right and you are a prime example

LM approving a drunken caps lock rant as "absolutely right". ;)

Jol's record wasn't much better for the rest of the season with the club finishing 9th, saying that no manager can be expected to walk into a club and win every game from day one, it's a building process.

I am pleased you say 10m quid wouldn't have an impact on Spurs being a PLC, ignoring the fact that we have spent massive money ourselves, far more than Spurs in fact. And - other than Chelsea and manure, 10m is a lot of money to spend on a 17 year old player, it must be damaging to them. What if he doesn't make it ? I bet the fuckwits on some of these boards would call him a "trophy" signing if we spent that much money on such a player. Yes, I mean you.

The difference is, which you're finding it hard to get your head around, is that we are £80 million in debt where Spurs have the money, he may not make it but when a scout who has spotted the majority of Arsenal's youth team tells you he's worth the money then you have to take notice.

Different from our chairman who signed a similar size cheque for a 28 year old player who we haven't even scouted on the basis of one of Souness' friends telling him he was a top 3 player in Spain.

I have no idea how well we will do in the next decade. Very well if we appoint the right manager in fact, at least we would so long as we have a board that backs him that is, because if we didn't he would simply fuck off somewhere else.

Edit. I am STILL waiting for these magical figures who are going to come in and guarantee better than regular UEFA Cup qualification, as it is so easy, and we have a divine right to better.

Nobody can name another board who will come in and make us better, you know that so why you keep asking I'm not sure.

Good boards back their chosen appointments as much as possible. Why is this a difficult concept ? And why are you slating the board for finding the money to buy Souness player, Luque, and not for Robsons player, Miguel ?

As i said, slate the board for buying players, and slate them for not. You couldn't make it up.

I keep asking for the simple reason, is why promote change when you have no idea who will be better, which is nothing other than the actions of an idiot.

I'm not slating the board for backing the manager so don't try and twist my words to suit your argument, what I said was when it comes to identifying talent to sign I'd much rather take the word of someone who scouted the majority of Arsenal's successful youth team over Souness mate. Don't you agree?

If you were chairman would you back the manager with £10 million to sign a player who the club hasn't scouted but your managers mate said he was good?

You are right we have no idea if a new board will be better, but how much longer do you think the club can go on with the level of spending with the current board? Do you think this board can take us further?

We're £80 million in debt, you say it's 'manageable' but it's getting bigger year after year, how much longer do you think this can go on?

The fact is the club can't afford to go out and buy several big name players to improve the squad, I put forward a suggestion for a DOF and use the examples of how it has been successful at both Arsenal and Spurs in redeveloping the squad on a budget (nothing to do with the last decade before you start) yet you see this as ridiculous, before you bring up Ray Wilkins at Fulham he was manager not a DOF.

How would you like to see us go about it? Do you think we should keep borrowing to buy players in the hope that we'll get it right? Do you worry about us doing a Leeds?

it sounds from here you are slating the board for spending money and not spending money, in fact you are.

Keegan was the DOF at Fulham, not Wilkins, as I have pointed this out to you before. How good a DOF was Keegan ? He was anonymous until he was manager, and also proves a DOF doesn't necessarily appoint a good manager as he appointed Wilkins. So - more bollocks from you. I am not interested in fancy titles, they are bollocks too. The manager is the main man and the one man who decides how you tick as a club.

Don't bother coming out with the crap about Arsenal too. Everybody wants to be like Arsenal over the last decade and have a manager like Wenger, we have came a damn sight nearer to most clubs to them.

No, we aren;t going to end up like Leeds. BTW, where Leeds are is where we were when the Halls and Shepherd took over the club.

As STevie says above to danthebrain, so many of our fans are cretins these days.

Next.

It's not a case of slating the board for spending money and not spending money, it's a case of being careful with our money.

You didn't answer my question, in fact you've avoided most of them - If you were chairman would you back the manager with £10 million to sign a player who the club hasn't scouted but your managers mate said he was good?

How do you think the club will clear the debts of £80 million and still try and be the 5th best club over the next decade?

What does Keegan know about being a DOF? Has he ever acted as a scout in the past?

Keegan is possibly the worst person you would want as a DOF after he scraped the reserves here, forcing promising young players like Michael Carrick to leave and find first team football elsewhere, if there was ever a manager with a short term plan it was him which explains why he won fuck all as a manager.

Next.

It's not a case of slating the board for spending money and not spending money, it's a case of being careful with our money.

You didn't answer my question, in fact you've avoided most of them - If you were chairman would you back the manager with £10 million to sign a player who the club hasn't scouted but your managers mate said he was good?

How do you think the club will clear the debts of £80 million and still try and be the 5th best club over the next decade?

What does Keegan know about being a DOF? Has he ever acted as a scout in the past?

Keegan is possibly the worst person you would want as a DOF after he scraped the reserves here, forcing promising young players like Michael Carrick to leave and find first team football elsewhere, if there was ever a manager with a short term plan it was him which explains why he won fuck all as a manager.

spoken like a true clueless moron

Guest stevieintoon

I just like to annoy him cos he has a real dislike of me. ;)

You exist but don't annoy me enough to have a real dislike of you. There are many people who are pricks, who aren't important enough to hate.

My point stands.

Tbh, reading his biography it rather had to do with the lack of infrastructure of the club's facilities at that time, which Keegan thought weren't sufficient for more than the first team.

So what did Keegan have going for him that would justify him being a good Director of Football then Leazes?

You can answer my other questions too if you can.

I have no idea. Ask the chairman of Fulham, who had his "plan", and being better than Fred, as everybody is better than Fred, he obviously had a good "plan" guaranteed to lead them all the way to the premiership title, as all "plans" do.

I would prefer to call the chief scout, the chief scout, personally.

And - any manager worth his salt, wouldn't allow a "director of football" to tell him who to buy and sell.

Your comment about Keegan "winning nothing" has completely showed your lack of credibility, and understanding and knowledge of this club pre-1992. Which means you cannot exercise a judgement on the merits of the job that has been done at the club since then. But I had guessed that long ago.

So what did Keegan have going for him that would justify him being a good Director of Football then Leazes?

I have no idea. Ask the chairman of Fulham, who had his "plan", and being better than Fred, as everybody is better than Fred, he obviously had a good "plan" guaranteed to lead them all the way to the premiership title, as all "plans" do.

And - any manager worth his salt, wouldn't allow a "director of football" to tell him who to buy and sell.

Your comment about Keegan "winning nothing" has completely showed your lack of credibility, and understanding and knowledge of this club pre-1992. Which means you cannot exercise a judgement on the merits of the job that has been done at the club since then. But I had guessed that long ago.

Who said every chairman is better than Fred? Can you provide a link to back up such claims or are you making stuff up again to suit your argument?

I'm grateful for what Keegan done but it doesn't take away from the fact that he searched for a short term solution using £££ without looking to improve the club long term, the lack of foresight probably explains why he was a flop everywhere else. Take your rose tinted glasses off.

You've also contradicted yourself by saying any manager worth his salt, wouldn't allow a "director of football" to tell him who to buy and sell, only to go on about how great a manager Wenger is even though he uses this same method.

BTW you still haven't answered my questions.

Who said every chairman is better than Fred? Can you provide a link to back up such claims or are you making stuff up again to suit your argument?

I'm grateful for what Keegan done but it doesn't take away from the fact that he searched for a short term solution using £££ without looking to improve the club long term, the lack of foresight probably explains why he was a flop everywhere else. Take your rose tinted glasses off.

You've also contradicted yourself by saying any manager worth his salt, wouldn't allow a "director of football" to tell him who to buy and sell, only to go on about how great a manager Wenger is even though he uses this same method.

you get funnier.

Fulham pissed promotion after Keegan took over. They pissed promotion again with him in charge. They are where they are now because he laid the platform. As at Man City, who he got back up.

flop ;):lol::lol:

You show - again - your lack of appreciation, just like you do of Newcastle United pre-1992. I am pleased you think the position we were in at the time he became manager called for long term solutions ie standing with one foot in the 3rd division. :panic::panic::panic: Fantastically funny. I am happy for you that you watched that team during those 5 years and worried about the future :D:D

BTW, he had a pretty good buying record at Newcastle. The best in all my time supporting the club in fact. Do you think Robson, Souness, Gullit and Dalglish spent money better than he did ?????

Hey, but keep making things up.

I doubt very much that Wenger brings any player into Arsenal for money without looking at him first himself. And - he would appoint his own scouts himself.

A good few people think replacing Fred with anybody would be an improvement, as you well know.

Edited by LeazesMag

you get funnier.

Fulham pissed promotion after Keegan took over. They pissed promotion again with him in charge. They are where they are now because he laid the platform. As at Man City, who he got back up.

flop :lol::lol::panic:

You show - again - your lack of appreciation, just like you do of Newcastle United pre-1992. I am pleased you think the position we were in at the time he became manager called for long term solutions ie standing with one foot in the 3rd division. :panic::panic::D Fantastically funny. I am happy for you that you watched that team during those 5 years and worried about the future :D:D

BTW, he had a pretty good buying record at Newcastle. The best in all my time supporting the club in fact. Do you think Robson, Souness, Gullit and Dalglish spent money better than he did ?????

Hey, but keep making things up.

I doubt very much that Wenger brings any player into Arsenal for money without looking at him first himself. And - he would appoint his own scouts himself.

A good few people think replacing Fred with anybody would be an improvement, as you well know.

Keegan is classed as a flop at Man City similar to how Souness is at Blackburn, both won promotion but in the end both jumped before they were pushed. I don't see winning the second division as anything to shout about either with the money he was spending, he broke the second division transfer record to sign Coleman iirc, saying that I was wrong to call him a flop in that time.

I noticed you didn't mention his time as England boss...

Keegan made better buys than the rest although I'm not sure what point you're trying to make there, perhaps you're trying to get off the topic at hand and turn it into a Keegan debate because you know you're wrong about the original debate.

Wenger does have the final say on transfers, as does all managers with a DOF, they just bring certain players to the managers attention and scout the thoroughly.

Can I have a link to where someone said anyone is better than Fred? We all know you like to make stuff up to back your argument up.

You still haven't answered my questions, I take it you can't answer them without putting fat Freddie in a bad light.

What do you usually say on N-O? Online and not answering my questions. PATHETIC! ;)

Edited by Baggio