Broadband any recomendations??

Toonpack

Tempted to try Talktalk, my phoneline is already with them.

I warn you Jimbo if they put you straight on LLU the wait will be a very fucking long one.

What does that mean ?

Jimbo - sorry to put you off tiscali but they were shite to me.

ive a thread on that forum were i asked them to sort out a problem i had. after 6 months - they offered me a mac code!

so i moved to virgin as they dont have a contract and let me download around 300gig per month.

forgot about virgin. What do you do re modems etc ???? Basically, I would prefer just to go into IE and change my settings and phone number as it all works fine as it is ? Can you do this if you change to virgin ? And how much is it etc ?

You'll need a thing called a MAC code first Leazes if you do migrate services.

ive a thread on that forum were i asked them to sort out a problem i had. after 6 months - they offered me a mac code!

so i moved to virgin as they dont have a contract and let me download around 300gig per month.

What tariff are you on Laz ?

I warn you Jimbo if they put you straight on LLU the wait will be a very fucking long one.

What does that mean ?

It means if they're gonna shot you on the 8MB BB instead of the standard 2MB (all to do with the exchanges), anyways TalkTalk will be no use for you anyways Jimbo as I'm sure they only have a 40GB monthly limit.

What does that mean ?

It means if they're gonna shot you on the 8MB BB instead of the standard 2MB (all to do with the exchanges), anyways TalkTalk will be no use for you anyways Jimbo as I'm sure they only have a 40GB monthly limit.

I'm thinking I'm just going to have to cut back.

Not sure if my exchange is LLU enabled anyways http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=EALOW

What does that mean ?

Not sure if my exchange is LLU enabled anyways http://www.samknows.com/broadband/exchange.php?ecode=EALOW

Aye it looks like it isn't although it is actually scheduled. You checked if you can get the free BB with TalkTalk?

What does that mean ?

Aye it looks like it isn't although it is actually scheduled. You checked if you can get the free BB with TalkTalk?

yeah I can.

That enough for your needs? :blink:

That'd suit me fine !

but what the hell kind of tariff is that on !!

forgot about virgin. What do you do re modems etc ???? Basically, I would prefer just to go into IE and change my settings and phone number as it all works fine as it is ? Can you do this if you change to virgin ? And how much is it etc ?

pse explain mate ?

Is it not just a case of changing ISP ?

pse explain mate ?

It's called a migration authorisation code, basically if you are moving over to another service you need this code or the order won't go through.

pse explain mate ?

It's called a migration authorisation code, basically if you are moving over to another service you need this code or the order won't go through.

how do you do it ?

Firstly, I tell orange i wish to cancel, right - and I think you have to give 30 days notice or something.

Then what ?

That'd suit me fine !

its the top one - called 'broadband plan one' £25 per month.

http://www.virgin.net/internetaccess/broad.../justbroadband/

Edited by Lazarus

That'd suit me fine !

its the top one - called 'broadband plan one' £25 per month.

http://www.virgin.net/internetaccess/broad.../justbroadband/

*Acceptable usage policy applies*

300gb acceptable ffs !!

:P

pse explain mate ?

how do you do it ?

Firstly, I tell orange i wish to cancel, right - and I think you have to give 30 days notice or something.

Then what ?

They are legally obliged to give you this MAC code which you pass on to your new provider so the order goes through no problem, otherwise the order will come back rejected. Most people don't actually know about MAC codes are their existing provider tend not to tell them about this.

Tiscali actually went for years without issuing MAC codes, hence much of the resentment. To change you had to wait up to a month for BT to reactivate the line. The practice is now compulsary rather than optional.

Edited by nufc4ever

pse explain mate ?

how do you do it ?

Then what ?

They are legally obliged to give you this MAC code which you pass on to your new provider so the order goes through no problem, otherwise the order will come back rejected. Most people don't actually know about MAC codes are their existing provider tend not to tell them about this.

ta mate

The Eclipse one looks pretty tempting. I'm with EFH broadband (1 meg unlimited for around £18 a month) and am looking to change, might give that Eclipse lot a ring and see if there is anything that makes it too good to be true.

The Eclipse one looks pretty tempting. I'm with EFH broadband (1 meg unlimited for around £18 a month) and am looking to change, might give that Eclipse lot a ring and see if there is anything that makes it too good to be true.

I've just signed up !

We changed last month from NTL cable 3mb broadband to Sky Max ADSL 16mb. Costs us £10 a month as opposed to the NTL which was £24.99 :o

The service was good from NTL but the customer service was really shite which is one of the main reasons we changed. So far Sky has been good although we haven't quite reached the 16mb speed yet (we're at 11.7mb at the moment)

We've got their netgear router free which is pretty good (the signal has dropped out once so far) so no complaints from me so far. Still a bit early on for me to recommend them though :unsure: