MP3 players

catmag

Just wondered if anyone can recommend a half decent MP3 player (not iPod) It doesn't need to have massive storage, just enough for maybe 20-30 albums, with MW/FM radio on it, and not madly expensive. I know I'm being lazy and should just browse through the usual Currys/Dixons websites etc but was hoping someone could give me a personal recommendation. Thank yoooo!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got a Samsung YP-Z5:

B000F2BUPM.01._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Samsung-YP-Z5A-4GB...3344914-5245463

It's like a nano but works with windows as a USB memory device using drag and drop (no frigging itunes :blink: ). It looks good with a great screen, but has no radio (seriously, I find these are way too much hassle anyway). It's got a good build quality too.

You can get a 1 gig version for about half the price of the 4 gig version I think, but personally I think it's worth paying extra for the additional memory.

I got a 1gb (holds about 500 songs) Zen Nano for me Mam for Christmas and it seems fine.

I'd have thought that would be big enough. It has FM Radio as well, but no MW unfortunately.

I've got a Zen myself, although its a 40gb one that isn't made anymore. I've had it for a couple of years and it's a bit of a brick but I've not had any bother with it.

I know other people who have Zens and it seems like they seem to be pretty reliable players.

Edited by Tom_NUFC

had my iPod for a couple of years and use it daily, only had ever had one problemwith it, but that was fixed by a simple reset. I've looked at friends Zen and (although it's probably bias) I prefer the iPod functionality.

Certainly better facilities online for the iPod.

I think it looks better and despite it's popularity, I think it still has an element of "cool" about it.

the few people I know who actively dislike the iPod seem to do so as a reaction to it's popularity, rather than an objection to the gizmo itself. Because lots of white leads are spotted all over the place they instinctively want to rebel against it.

had my iPod for a couple of years and use it daily, only had ever had one problemwith it, but that was fixed by a simple reset. I've looked at friends Zen and (although it's probably bias) I prefer the iPod functionality.

I think it looks better and despite it's popularity, I think it still has an element of "cool" about it.

the few people I know who actively dislike the iPod seem to do so as a reaction to it's popularity, rather than an objection to the gizmo itself. Because lots of white leads are spotted all over the place they instinctively want to rebel against it.

You often get an element of that, something is big and popular so some people will hate it on principle that its the most popular. Though others may have genuine reasons for disliking it?

I've had mine for a few years now and yet to have any major problem/breakdown. All i've had is for soem reason it has duplicated a few artists, so their albums appear twice on the ipod and occasionally it will skip to the song after the one i have selected, which can be sorted pretty quickly by pressing a button!

I got an Ipod in about 2003 before it really caught on, lasted until about this Summer but died. Probably could have got it fixed but I wanted one of the new ones anyway so got a black 30gb one, listen to it everyday I love it.

My main reason for hating the IPOD are, its and MP3 player but they are called MP3 players OR IPODS! and if you try and buy anything for and MP3 player (like docking station, covers etc..) its almost impossible as they are all designed for the IPOD!! :o

I got a 1gb (holds about 500 songs) Zen Nano for me Mam for Christmas and it seems fine.

I'd have thought that would be big enough. It has FM Radio as well, but no MW unfortunately.

I've got a Zen myself, although its a 40gb one that isn't made anymore. I've had it for a couple of years and it's a bit of a brick but I've not had any bother with it.

I know other people who have Zens and it seems like they seem to be pretty reliable players.

Must say that I prefer my Zen Micro to my Ipod. They are fine and have FM radio. Battery life isnt bad.

Ipods won't play WMA files either. Which is really shit, tbh.

I thought you could reformat WMA through iTunes? Pretty sure a lot of my old WMA files have been turned into AAC (or whatever it is)

also Cat? my sister got me an iPod doohicky that means you can pick up fm radio, cost her about £30 I think and I've not seen a Medium Wave reciever for mp3 player..