Top Gear

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henceman btw :lol:

I like the indignation that was indicated with the announcement that Jonathan Ross builds matchstick castles!

In all seriousness, does Kophead think that anything he's said is a revelation? Was he expecting a jaw dropping eye popping reaction?

What? Top Gear is scripted?! :unsure:

Clarksons a tw*t he's a tory ffs. I know his bodyguard Clarkson's a boffin who stays in reading books real life. The whole stuff on top gear is an act. Wossys the same hes got a book club on twitter. He also builds castles with match sticks.

yeah reading's for steers and queers. Nobody got no where from reading. Boffins!

way to enforce a stereotype Kophead. You're a credit to your "people"

Clarksons a tw*t he's a tory ffs.

You'll be telling us he's into cars next.

Clarkson knows jack shit about cars mate. The producers write the show Clarkson and his henceman just act your typical blokes. The truth is Clarkson, May and Hammond a buch of toffs that went to public school. James May a polo player ffs. Even Clarkson said "I can just about change a tyre engines are like dutch to me"

To your average scouser, someone who bought their car is a toff,and someone who has bee to school twice in 10 years is a boffin tbf. :unsure::lol:

good episode last night. you could tell cruise is a petrol head. he came across much better than when he was on jonathan ross. suprised he got the top lap time mind given the last corner was taken on two wheels!

the senna piece was class too. he was a bit of a schumacher mind when it came to barging opponents off the road. shocking what he did to alain prost when all he had to do was make sure he didn't finish to secure the championship.

There was a damned sight more to it (Suzuka 1990) than was put straight last night tbf. No mention at all about Balestre, the correct side of the grid or Senna's pre-race declaration that he'd go into the first corner first and if Prost wants an accident, so be it.

Balestre's treatment of Senna at times was criminal. We all claim Mosley was as bent as a nine-bob note but he nothing on that annoying French twat who clearly favoured his beloved Prost over all his rivals.

back from a few days away and just finished watching that

I was 5 when senna died so I'm certainly part of the generation that doesn't know him all that well, though its easy to pick up on the absolute admiration for him its all been second hand, really enjoyed that whole show

the SS was awesome

cruise and diaz were actually good guests and cruises lap time will stand for a fair while I reckon

Tom Cruise blatantly had it contractually stipulated that he gets the fastest lap.

His joy was less convincing than jumping about on Oprah's sofa.

Edited by Happy Face

I was bored last night so watched this. Can't recall the last time I felt as uncomfortable watching TV as this when Clarkson rimmed Cruise and Diaz for what felt like eternity. Urgh, what an odious shitbag.

I was bored last night so watched this. Can't recall the last time I felt as uncomfortable watching TV as this when Clarkson rimmed Cruise and Diaz for what felt like eternity. Urgh, what an odious shitbag.

Makes a change from Hammond and May rimming Clarkson I suppose.

I was 5 when senna died so I'm certainly part of the generation that doesn't know him all that well, though its easy to pick up on the absolute admiration for him its all been second hand

At the time (particularly 90-91) I hated Senna and was, like a lot of Brits, wishing Mansell would wipe the floor with him. Turning point was '93 though when Mansell had fucked off to IndyCars after Prost had contracted himself to the title before the season began. Senna was left with a bag of shit to drive - comparable to this season's Mercedes IMO - but he won 5 of the 16 races and came second in the title. All this against the dominant Williams which, in nearly 30 years of watching this sport, is the car that had the greatest advantage over its rivals.

That's when my admiration for the man peaked - he was performing things with the car that just seemed impossible and retrospectively made me appreciate what he'd achieved before that time. The sport was robbed of a fantastic few years of battling between the elder statesman (Senna) and his young charger (Schumacher). Forget Hill IMO - fabulous test driver but just didn't have the bottle to take on Schumacher as much as he should have done.

And speaking of Schumacher and this whole 'who's the better driver, Schumacher or Senna' malarky, I alluded before to the fact I reckon the '93 McLaren was comparable with the '10 Mercedes. I reckon the likes of Dr Ken & Ketsbaia will probably concur. Senna won 5 races with his car - now, what has Schumacher done again??

• 2 weeks later...
turned it on and seen it was a best off and knocked it off again, honestly a best of show already....

well the series is over, they always squeeze one more out of the footage with a best of

Lets hope some sense prevails at the BBC and they either tell top gear to stop being shit or cancel it before it drops further into the stupid, scripted, badly acted cack that its becom

and that they make a proper series of sherlock

Lets hope some sense prevails at the BBC and they either tell top gear to stop being shit or cancel it before it drops further into the stupid, scripted, badly acted cack that its becom

Yes please

Yes please

+1

• 2 weeks later...

My views on Richard Hammond are pretty clear in this thread, but the programme where he met Stirling Moss to compare the recovery processes they went through (or are going through) after their serious accidents was quite interesting:

http://beta.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00s...ond_Meets_Moss/

Although not as good as the documentary about the Le Mans disaster of 1955:

http://beta.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00s..._1955_Disaster/

• 4 months later...

Thought this was better last night, but that might just have been because the hasn't been a new one in ages.

The only cringeworthy bit now is the scripted banter in the 'news'.

The shooting and general disrespecting of The Stig at odds with the amount of Stig merchandise they'll be making a fortune out of this Christmas.

The Ferrari was phenomenal, the Merc crazy and the Porsche relatively ordinary in comparison.

• 1 month later...

So....did you see Top Gear last Sunday night with the new Stig? Maybe its Tiff Needell as The Stig looked to have that kind of driving style but we rekon it might be Tom Chilton. (BTCC driver)

So....did you see Top Gear last Sunday night with the new Stig? Maybe its Tiff Needell as The Stig looked to have that kind of driving style but we rekon it might be Tom Chilton. (BTCC driver)

Didn't see it, but someone told me the new Stig look short (like Hammond height), would Chilton fit that description?

Didn't see it, but someone told me the new Stig look short (like Hammond height), would Chilton fit that description?

Yeah i think so, Chilton certainly isnt a tall/broad chap. Its his driving style too, plus he has a good rapport with the Top Gear team, he's been on several shows in the past. Its only a hunch though.