Top Gear

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

too right, ITV do not do television programmes of note.

if they did top gear on sundays at 8 what would all the windowlickers that watch heartbeat do.

clarkson and the boys are definitely looking for more cash....

• Replies 435
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if they did top gear on sundays at 8 what would all the windowlickers that watch heartbeat do.

Hope it is more cash and not because of "helpful suggestions" tbh.

Apparently it's because the presenters want it to be more about the cars and the BBC want in to be more about the celebrity guests. I actually find the "Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car" bit the only boring bit of the show.

Clarkson's been annoyed at the Beeb for a while now about the way they only allow 6 episodes a season and move it about for the Irish Amatuer Polo Championships every other Sunday.

May says Top Gear will stay

Top Gear's James May has told Newsbeat the show's definitely returning later this year, with all three presenters. There was confusion earlier this week after Jeremy Clarkson hinted it may not be back. But May says it was a mix-up over timing.

May says Top Gear will stay

Top Gear's James May has told Newsbeat the show's definitely returning later this year, with all three presenters. There was confusion earlier this week after Jeremy Clarkson hinted it may not be back. But May says it was a mix-up over timing.

The Fish swims in same direction

I like that you're giving you posts headlines now. I think you should keep it up.

It didn't read like you were quoting someone else...

:lol:

I might think Clarkson is a twat (and I'm right, he most definately is a twunt of the highest order) but he makes some class tv. The impossible mission show he did last night was awesome. Following on from the Brunel show he did a few years back I think he could take over from David Attenbrough as the BBC's best host of educational factual programming if he wanted to go in that direction.

I wouldn't mind Top Gear ending if it meant more of these.

Apparently it's because the presenters want it to be more about the cars and the BBC want in to be more about the celebrity guests. I actually find the "Star in a Reasonably-Priced Car" bit the only boring bit of the show.

Boring?

Didnt you see the Ranulph Fiennes one were he talked of chopping off his fingers with a hacksaw in his toolshed?

I might think Clarkson is a twat (and I'm right, he most definately is a twunt of the highest order) but he makes some class tv. The impossible mission show he did last night was awesome. Following on from the Brunel show he did a few years back I think he could take over from David Attenbrough as the BBC's best host of educational factual programming if he wanted to go in that direction.

I have worked the last few nights, what was that show about? :unsure: And do you know if its repeated?

I have worked the last few nights, what was that show about? :unsure: And do you know if its repeated?

Jeremy Clarkson tells the story of what has been called the original Mission Impossible - the audacious commando raid on the German occupied dry dock at St Nazaire in France on March 28th 1942. Operation Chariot, as the raid was codenamed, had a simple aim: to destroy the dry dock and thus deny the German battleship Tirpitz a safe haven on the Atlantic coast of France.

Can't find a replay, but http://btjunkie.org/ has a very healthy torrent.

Jeremy Clarkson tells the story of what has been called the original Mission Impossible - the audacious commando raid on the German occupied dry dock at St Nazaire in France on March 28th 1942. Operation Chariot, as the raid was codenamed, had a simple aim: to destroy the dry dock and thus deny the German battleship Tirpitz a safe haven on the Atlantic coast of France.

Thanking you very much HF :unsure:

I have worked the last few nights, what was that show about? <_< And do you know if its repeated?

Thanking you very much HF :angry:

It's repeated at 8:25pm on saturday, BBC2.

I have worked the last few nights, what was that show about? <_< And do you know if its repeated?

Thanking you very much HF :angry:

It's repeated at 8:25pm on saturday, BBC2.

thanks Dr, I will definitely watch that.

• 6 months later...

Hooray! It's back on Sunday, 8pm Beeb2:

As we take the tyre-warmers off a new series of Top Gear, the wait’s almost over. We’ve got ten whole episodes of excellent-ness ready to unleash on your Sunday night viewing schedule, and you simply won’t believe what Messrs Clarkson, Hammond and May have been up to over the past couple of months.

So, for one night of the week at least, you can banish cookery and home-improvement programmes from your screen and enjoy some good old-fashioned petrol-based fun.

In episode one, we decided to find the finest driving road in Europe. Coincidentally, Lamborghini, Porsche and Aston Martin have recently seen fit to release a brace of new lightweight road-racers in the form of the Gallardo Superleggera, 911 GT3 RS and V8 Vantage N24. To quote Hammond, I think you can see where this is going.

Also in the first programme, Jeremy takes to the test track in an improbably powerful VW Golf, and we put a monarch (sort of) in our reasonably priced car when Dame Helen Mirren comes to visit.

Later in the series, we’ll treat you to a selection of massive challenges and stunts. You’ll see the glorious return of the amphibious cars, in a voyage that makes the crossing of a reservoir look a tiny bit feeble. We put the biofuel we grew last series to seriously good use. And we spend an entire programme in Africa as our intrepid presenters attempt one of our wildly over-ambitious, but cheap, races.

Also: it was massively delayed, gave some of the finest engineering minds in Europe nervous breakdowns, and is too expensive for all but the richest Arab potentates - and that’s just the car. Find out what happened when the Bugatti Veyron met the Eurofighter.

It might surprise you to know we’ve even thrown in some road tests and reviews of the most exciting and interesting cars to hit the road - including the latest Ferrari, Porsche-baiting new Audi R8 supercar and hotly tipped Caparo T1.

So, stop the clocks, silence the dog with a juicy bone and cancel anything you were planning to do on Sunday evenings for the next ten weeks - Top Gear is back!

Sunday 7, 8pm BBC Two

Repeated Wednesday 10, 7pm on BBC Two

:lol:

I finally watched The Hamster on the Jonathon Ross show from a couple weeks back, he is definitely looking better, and I have to say, pretty cute with his hair longer! :razz: He has a book out part written with his wife, which I will probably buy.

I do hope this new series isn't quite so obviously contrived as the last series was, it got alittle too silly.

I finally watched The Hamster on the Jonathon Ross show from a couple weeks back, he is definitely looking better, and I have to say, pretty cute with his hair longer! :razz: He has a book out part written with his wife, which I will probably buy.

I do hope this new series isn't quite so obviously contrived as the last series was, it got alittle too silly.

Their 'banter' is very obviously scripted tbf.