'Grace Kelly'

Nate

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mika's album is out today for anyone who wants it and hasn't already thieved it.

hmmm let me see now.....

ermmm no I'll pass ta, anyways Bloc Partys album is also out today so not comparison tbh.

so I'll download Bloc Party today ;)

Not a patch on Silent Alarm :lol:

Not sure about that, I mean it took a bit of getting into but some of it is easily as good as the previous album.

Give it a while, it's a grower in my opinion, but then so was Silent Alarm for me.

Exactly the same with me. I downloaded it yonks ago and wasn't too impressed but after a few listens it began to sound better and better. I bought it today through sheer guilt and I was fucking astonished that I hadn't liked it first time round. There are one or two tracks that aren't up to much, just like Silent Alarm but songs like Hunting For Witches, The Prayer and Sunday are easily up there with the best of their previous.

Edited by Skol

Surely the charts are a measure of quantity not quality. Anything truly innovative is unlikely to immediately appeal to the masses and therefore unlikely to trouble the 'hit parade'.

As the man said "Popularity is no measure of artistic integrity" or something.

Mr Blobby got to number one.

Bob Dylan has never had a number one in this country, whereas Bob the Builder has.

Surely the charts are a measure of quantity not quality. Anything truly innovative is unlikely to immediately appeal to the masses and therefore unlikely to trouble the 'hit parade'.

Bob Dylan has never had a number one in this country, whereas Bob the Builder has.

Some (Rob W) would say the builder has more talent.

;)

Sounds like the fucking Darkness and Scissor Sisters love child tbh.

;) Best description I've heard of it is quarter Queen, quarter Scissor Sisters, quarter Sparks and quarter The Darkness.

and 100% crap

"Some (Rob W) would say the builder has more talent.

rolleyes.gif"

Dylan - great writer, crap singer

His breathing/phrasing is up there with Sinatra. And, in his own words, he'll "hit the notes". ;)

I can see why some might not find him pleasing to the ear like.

That may be true of the singles chart, but I propose that Dylan just about makes up for it with his six number 1 and 25+ top 10 albums. ;)

Guest Patrokles

3 pages dedicated to sodding Mika and nary a word said about Fujiya and Miyagi? You lot are everything that is wrong with the record buying public in the UK.

That's because F & M's album has been around for months. Catch up. ;)

Guest Patrokles

As for Dylan, his best stuff is terrific, up there with most things, but he's done an awful lot of shite. I don't buy into the whole rabid Dylan disciple nonsense. There are ample bands with far more consistently good back cats. In my opinion. He's not bad, he's just hugely over-rated.

3 pages dedicated to sodding Mika and nary a word said about Fujiya and Miyagi? You lot are everything that is wrong with the record buying public in the UK.

Was TT not about last summer like? The point stands Paul Gambaccini, not a word was said. :lol:

Guest Patrokles

Was TT not about last summer like? The point stands Paul Gambaccini, not a word was said. :lol:

Certainly not by me; I only like Ankle Injuries.

As for Dylan, his best stuff is terrific, up there with most things, but he's done an awful lot of shite. I don't buy into the whole rabid Dylan disciple nonsense. There are ample bands with far more consistently good back cats. In my opinion. He's not bad, he's just hugely over-rated.

Really, I can't think of many.

And if you think he's overrated now, just wait till he dies, the fawning will eclipse the growth in Johnny Cash's popularity.

There's a film out soon about Dylan and Andy Warhol chasing the same bit of skirt. Looks canny.

Guest Patrokles

Really, I can't think of many.

And if you think he's overrated now, just wait till he dies, the fawning will eclipse the growth in Johnny Cash's popularity.

There's a film out soon about Dylan and Andy Warhol chasing the same bit of skirt. Looks canny.

Dylan deserves it more than Cash, in fairness to Bob. Now THERE's over-rated for you.