'Grace Kelly'

Nate

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Patrokles

See, this is what I meant by Frankenstein's Monster when people slapped me down. Not that it sounds exactly like any one of the current/recent pop crop, but that it sounds like a number of them, cut up and stitched back together. That doesn't make something original.

See, this is what I meant by Frankenstein's Monster when people slapped me down. Not that it sounds exactly like any one of the current/recent pop crop, but that it sounds like a number of them, cut up and stitched back together. That doesn't make something original.

The Lollipop song is proper bubblegum pop, like :lol:

The Lollipop song is proper bubblegum pop, like :lol:

Love Today is quite good, just wish he'd not sing so high pitched! Good tune though.

Guest Patrokles

There's been so many groups and singers over the years that there's no such thing as original music.

Roots and influences further back than 2 years ago would be nice though, right? You're hard pressed to listen to anything in the chart currently that isn't heavily influenced by whatever sold the most 2 months ago.

There's also a huge difference between being influenced by something and just aping a popular band.

Edited by Patrokles

Guest Patrokles

Surely the charts are a measure of quantity not quality. Anything truly innovative is unlikely to immediately appeal to the masses and therefore unlikely to trouble the 'hit parade'.

Is a fair point, though I think conditioning from the radio also has a part to play.

• 2 weeks later...

Mika's album is out today for anyone who wants it and hasn't already thieved it.

hmmm let me see now.....

ermmm no I'll pass ta, anyways Bloc Partys album is also out today so not comparison tbh.

so I'll download Bloc Party today :o

Mika's album is out today for anyone who wants it and hasn't already thieved it.

hmmm let me see now.....

ermmm no I'll pass ta, anyways Bloc Partys album is also out today so not comparison tbh.

I read a review of it over the weekend. It's poo. :unsure:

hmmm let me see now.....

Not a patch on Silent Alarm :unsure:

there must be some serious record company money behind Mika - the bugger is everywhere right now -

but, as we've seen before, the talentless crash and burn quite quickly

Surely the charts are a measure of quantity not quality. Anything truly innovative is unlikely to immediately appeal to the masses and therefore unlikely to trouble the 'hit parade'.

As the man said "Popularity is no measure of artistic integrity" or something.

Mr Blobby got to number one.

hmmm let me see now.....

so I'll download Bloc Party today ;)

Not a patch on Silent Alarm :lol:

Not sure about that, I mean it took a bit of getting into but some of it is easily as good as the previous album.

Give it a while, it's a grower in my opinion, but then so was Silent Alarm for me.

The song gets on my tits I have to say. It's typical of the radio 1 "ooh isn't so original" brigade when it's not really original at all. Sounds like the fucking Darkness and Scissor Sisters love child tbh.

The new Bloc Party album is fairly shite too.

hmmm let me see now.....

so I'll download Bloc Party today ;)

Not a patch on Silent Alarm :lol:

Not sure about that, I mean it took a bit of getting into but some of it is easily as good as the previous album.

Give it a while, it's a grower in my opinion, but then so was Silent Alarm for me.

Silent Alarm was an instant hit with me, then again, I bought around the same time I saw them live, so perhaps that was a reason why.

I'll give this one a chance anyway.