Would you scrap the transfer window?

FCUM

The problem with buying scrap is you live your life looking at bargains when they are presented to you - the price is always better when someone else is looking to sell. So you don't actively going looking for scrap because once you have to ask someone if they're interested in selling then you no longer have the upper hand in the exchange.

The transfer window isn't our problem, it's the scrap merchant looking for bargains.

The problem with buying scrap is you live your life looking at bargains when they are presented to you - the price is always better when someone else is looking to sell. So you don't actively going looking for scrap because once you have to ask someone if they're interested in selling then you no longer have the upper hand in the exchange.

The transfer window isn't our problem, it's the scrap merchant looking for bargains.

:lol:

We now need just another scrap category...

in the long term I can see the whole transfer thing coming off the rails - no other business pays to get an employee

the EU will eventually rule against it or the ECJ will have a Bosman type case and strike the whole sytem down - players will be contracted for a period and if they break that contract they, and the side they move to get sued

when they move they have new contract with the new club but there will be no compensation for their previous employer

in the long term I can see the whole transfer thing coming off the rails - no other business pays to get an employee

the EU will eventually rule against it or the ECJ will have a Bosman type case and strike the whole sytem down - players will be contracted for a period and if they break that contract they, and the side they move to get sued

when they move they have new contract with the new club but there will be no compensation for their previous employer

it's a product of a deal between FIFA and the EU not a very long time ago

aye but if it is ever tested in the courts..............

I can remebr George eastham as well as Bosman - all it take is one bugger with a bee in his bonnet and m' l'n'd friends will be in changing everything

I can remebr George eastham as well as Bosman - all it take is one bugger with a bee in his bonnet and m' l'n'd friends will be in changing everything

Exactly, it was a dodgy compromise between sports functionaries and politicians, there is no guarantee that a bunch of judges see things a bit different...

Exactly, it was a dodgy compromise between sports functionaries and politicians, there is no guarantee that a bunch of judges see things a bit different...

it was a deal with the european commision, who are above the judges

it was a deal with the european commision, who are above the judges

We aren't living in the ages of absolutism though. Separation of powers and all that...