Saints receive 10mill Bale bid

smoggeordie

Either you really rate Bramble or you can't stand Silvestre as he is 10 times the player Titus is.

Both are very similar in their gift of 'concentration' though :rolleyes:

Do you reckon Heinze's not quite the player he was (before he got injured) or do you just think he's struggling for form a bit?

Either you really rate Bramble or you can't stand Silvestre as he is 10 times the player Titus is.

Both are very similar in their gift of 'concentration' though :rolleyes:

Do you reckon Heinze's not quite the player he was (before he got injured) or do you just think he's struggling for form a bit?

Two noticable things about Heinze.

1) He doesn't seem able to jump off the ground. Although aerial ability might not be a pre-requisite for a full back you still want them to be able to defend set pieces in the air. I'm not really sure if this is a legacy of the injury or if he was as bad before but I didn't notice it.

2) He takes a position too far in front of the guy he's marking, usually about 10 yards in front giving them ample time to pick a pass. He seems shit scared to get close, obviously worried he'll get done for pace. Again, possibly a legacy of the injury.

no matter how poor heinze might have become, he's still ten times better than any of our options at left back or centre back.

Being realistic though I can't see you getting Heinze, I was more interested if anybody would fancy Silvestre who would be available for a couple of years.

no matter how poor heinze might have become, he's still ten times better than any of our options at left back or centre back.

Being realistic though I can't see you getting Heinze, I was more interested if anybody would fancy Silvestre who would be available for a couple of years.

neither can i tbh. was just pointing out how far behind you lot we are. not good enough for your front time, yet he'd stroll into our starting eleven.

not sure about silvestre either, but again would prefer him to any of our defenders