Monday's football gossip

Scottish Mag

TRANSFER RUMOURS

Blackburn are set to clinch a £1.2m move for Liverpool defender Stephen Warnock within 48 hours. (Various)

He'd be quite good for us, wouldn't he?

If you mean he'd fit in because he's injury prone and average at football then yes.

Why hasnt that ref who let the Birmingham goal stand been sent down to the conferance?

Great point. Not one pundit has said, "well it happened against Newcastle on Wednesday so they deserve their bit of luck" or whatever.

Exactly!

Everyone hates and we dont care :rolleyes:

:blink: :blink:

As for Davies, I'm not overly familiar with him, but he seems extremely highly rated by those actually within the game. Given that clubs seem reluctant to sell any of their players, it seems a choice between 9 million on Davies and a couple of loan signings, then further strengthening in the summer... or no one and a couple of loans. I know which I'd choose, regardless of Davies' price.

Agreed, I think we're going to have to trust Pearson on this one.

I am not sure. Looking at our most recent balance sheets I think it becomes a bit of a Leeds-esque gambling. But I have not seen very much from Davies tbh and say how fair the price really is. I only went to see one WBA game last summer where he didn't play. Saying that I was very impressed by McShane that day (against Southend).

Why hasnt that ref who let the Birmingham goal stand been sent down to the conferance?

Great point. Not one pundit has said, "well it happened against Newcastle on Wednesday so they deserve their bit of luck" or whatever.

The four further goals Birmingham put through our net probably helped out with that though. :rolleyes:

The four further goals Birmingham put through our net probably helped out with that though. :blink:

:rolleyes::blink:

Aye but IF that goal hadnt of standed.......... :blink:

Much as a i hate Rennie and would be happy to see him demoted, the Brum one was far, far worse. The player was further offisde than Parker and physically obstructed Given from moving, rather than just getting in his line of vision.

So if they're going to be consistent then the ref or linesman from the Brum game should suffer at least the fate of Rennie.

Much as a i hate Rennie and would be happy to see him demoted, the Brum one was far, far worse. The player was further offisde than Parker and physically obstructed Given from moving, rather than just getting in his line of vision.

So if they're going to be consistent then the ref or linesman from the Brum game should suffer at least the fate of Rennie.

Why is it Rennie and not the linesman getting done? Surely it's his job, not Rennie's to call offsides? (Or did he flag and get overruled?)

Why is it Rennie and not the linesman getting done? Surely it's his job, not Rennie's to call offsides? (Or did he flag and get overruled?)

It seemed from BBC commentary that the linesman flagged offside and Rennie overruled, but i couldn't confirm that.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

It seemed from BBC commentary that the linesman flagged offside and Rennie overruled, but i couldn't confirm that.

Aye I heard that also, it was on 606 IIRC?

Aye I heard that also, it was on 606 IIRC?

If he did flag (and I'm not convinced he did) he put it straight down well before the players started chasing over there.