Winemaking

Jusoda Kid

Anyone ever done it? How easy/expensive is it?

Thinking about having a dabble with it but unless it ends up above 12% I don't think I'll bother or is there a way of making it more potent, just thought I'd ask on here before scouring the net.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking about having a dabble with it but unless it ends up above 12% I don't think I'll bother or is there a way of making it more potent, just thought I'd ask on here before scouring the net.

Tbh mate my Dad and Uncle used to do it a lot but as you can get a bottle of wine so cheap now I don't think many people bother any more as your rough bottle of £2.99 plonk is still probably be going to be more palatable than what you make at home. Have you tried cooking sherry btw? :baby:

Tbh mate my Dad and Uncle used to do it a lot but as you can get a bottle of wine so cheap now I don't think many people bother any more as your rough bottle of £2.99 plonk is still probably be going to be more palatable than what you make at home. Have you tried cooking sherry btw? :baby:

Exactly. Get yourself to Macro and buy some Lambrini in bulk. Winemaking is a right hassle and you will end up with bottles of piss.

there were party Four's 'n aall

I can remember being in Anglesey in the 60's and there was a draymans strike and the pubs were serving everyone from Party 7's............. awfull but better (?bitter?) than nowt at all

I can remember being in Anglesey in the 60's and there was a draymans strike and the pubs were serving everyone from Party 7's............. awfull but better (?bitter?) than nowt at all

Where in Anglesey Rob? I only ask because I know it well and I'm convinced that some pubs are still using them. I've had pints in Holyhead that look like they've been through Boris Yeltsin tbh.

My sister used to make wine, i seem to remember it as alot of faffing about for not a very good end product! Though i once had a home made parsnip wine that blew my head off :baby: It all seems to taste very similar, i wouldnt bother.

My sister used to make wine, i seem to remember it as alot of faffing about for not a very good end product! Though i once had a home made parsnip wine that blew my head off :baby: It all seems to taste very similar, i wouldnt bother.

You reckon that Cypriot red you had is the best stuff going so shush, ok? ;)

You reckon that Cypriot red you had is the best stuff going so shush, ok? ;)

alex, dont mock it untill you've tried it :razz:

If i could get over my fear of flying, I'd bloody go over and get you some!

You reckon that Cypriot red you had is the best stuff going so shush, ok? :razz:

alex, dont mock it untill you've tried it :(

We still talking about wine here or what? ;)

You reckon that Cypriot red you had is the best stuff going so shush, ok? :(

alex, dont mock it untill you've tried it :D

Why? what else haven't you tried sweetie? :razz::razz:

You reckon that Cypriot red you had is the best stuff going so shush, ok? :(

alex, dont mock it untill you've tried it :icon_lol:

Why? what else haven't you tried sweetie? :razz::razz:

:D

Where in Anglesey Rob? I only ask because I know it well and I'm convinced that some pubs are still using them. I've had pints in Holyhead that look like they've been through Boris Yeltsin tbh.

some hole in Llangefni

But you are right - Wales is desperate area for decent beer at any time

:baby:

I hope that wasnt aimed at me? ;)

No, at the thread in general.

For cypriot wine see Renton's post... :razz:

Hmm - once in the early 70's I went into an off licence and asked for "something cheap and nasty" and the bloke produced a bottle of "romanian Reisling" - "very cheap and very nasty sir - I guarantee it" and he was RIGHT!!! A terrible slur on Romania which does produce decent wines (tho as they point out most of them are exported to Jormany - where you never see any Romanian wine on sale - very odd that....)

In Malta - a bottle of "Special Reserve" - guaranteed to have been in the bottle for at least a weekend.......... god knows what the "ordinary" was like

In Austria in the late 90's a bottle of genuine anti freeze - it had a very odd smell, a sheen on the surface and ..............................

An English wine (at the vineyard no less) that had so much sugar in it it qualified as an Energy Drink

God!! I suffer for my hobbies

Hmm - once in the early 70's I went into an off licence and asked for "something cheap and nasty" and the bloke produced a bottle of "romanian Reisling" - "very cheap and very nasty sir - I guarantee it" and he was RIGHT!!! A terrible slur on Romania which does produce decent wines (tho as they point out most of them are exported to Jormany - where you never see any Romanian wine on sale - very odd that....)

In Malta - a bottle of "Special Reserve" - guaranteed to have been in the bottle for at least a weekend.......... god knows what the "ordinary" was like

In Austria in the late 90's a bottle of genuine anti freeze - it had a very odd smell, a sheen on the surface and ..............................

An English wine (at the vineyard no less) that had so much sugar in it it qualified as an Energy Drink

Tbf, I wouldn't touch anything from the balkans or Greece. Then again, increasingly I'm finding anything not from Australia/NZ or South America isn't worth bothering with, as it's likely to be poorer quality and more expensive. Except champagne, naturally.

Tbf, I wouldn't touch anything from the balkans or Greece. Then again, increasingly I'm finding anything not from Australia/NZ or South America isn't worth bothering with, as it's likely to be poorer quality and more expensive. Except champagne, naturally.

The price issue is correct, the quality one is bollocks tbh

You suffer for your art

with your jogging in the park

you're the BEST BY FAAAAR

you've read Karl Marx

and you've taught youraelf to dance

you know you SHOULD GO FAAAAR

Wise words there, i'm sure you'll agree. What would the world do without Bros?

Anyway, when i were a student i once picked the padlock on my landladys downstairs cupboard and drank 3 bottles of her homebrewed red wine. The hangover lasted three days and i still cannot drink any red wine, not matter how 'Sainsburys' it is.

For cypriot wine see Renton's post... :(

The price issue is correct, the quality one is bollocks tbh

Quality in MY price range I meant. I can't afford 20 quid for a vintage Bordeaux. If it's less than a tenner, a new world wine is usually the best bet.

Anyway, what would a German know? :razz:

"Tbf, I wouldn't touch anything from the balkans or Greece. Then again, increasingly I'm finding anything not from Australia/NZ or South America isn't worth bothering with, as it's likely to be poorer quality and more expensive. Except champagne, naturally."

ahhh but I was being taken round by a local to the wine co-operative shops in the countryside - there are some VERY good wines in Romania but you can't get them in the UK

"Tbf, I wouldn't touch anything from the balkans or Greece. Then again, increasingly I'm finding anything not from Australia/NZ or South America isn't worth bothering with, as it's likely to be poorer quality and more expensive. Except champagne, naturally."

ahhh but I was being taken round by a local to the wine co-operative shops in the countryside - there are some VERY good wines in Romania but you can't get them in the UK

I'll take your word for it but have no intention of ever going to Romania, EU country or not.