The Crowd

Guest alex

Not taking anything away from Brum, who were very good or defending the Toon, who were awful but how many midweek cup games have had poor crowds and non-existent atmospheres now? When will the board learn their lesson and review the ticket prices? It only helps the opposition in my view. And no, I wasn't there last night :lol:

Not taking anything away from Brum, who were very good or defending the Toon, who were awful but how many midweek cup games have had poor crowds and non-existent atmospheres now? When will the board learn their lesson and review the ticket prices? It only helps the opposition in my view. And no, I wasn't there last night :lol:

It was strange. Unfortunatley living 250 miles away I get up there rarely so my atmosphere has to come from the TV and Stereo. I must have had the volume on full last night but it didn`t sound too loud.

Edited by rebellious

Me neither. And I'd paid for a ticket. :lol:

They should try it just once for one of the UEFA games. £10 for adults, £5 for kids. If it doesn't work and they make less money, fair enough, but if they got 45,000 or whatever in it could make all the difference.

They should try it just once for one of the UEFA games. £10 for adults, £5 for kids. If it doesn't work and they make less money, fair enough, but if they got 45,000 or whatever in it could make all the difference.

True but then again the full house crowds havn`t been as loud as once they were. If only we could get that local derby match atmosphere every game it really would be the twelth man.

True but then again the full house crowds havn`t been as loud as once they were. If only we could get that local derby match atmosphere every game it really would be the twelth man.

Not saying the atmosphere is always GREAT © when it's full. But a half full stadium guarentees a shite atmosphere.

They could even do bairns go free if they're with an adult. One thing that you see at cup games is people bringing kids, and they buy them pop, crisps, burgers, programmes etc. They'd still make money out of it, and have better crowds.

Fuck, weve turned into Sunderland :lol:

Only for cup games though, no need for league games.

And I'm not neccesarily on about pathetically touting free tickets around schools anywhere between Jedburgh and Doncaster like they do.

Last nights tickets prices were cheaper than some League One games, so no.

I didn't go either, 20 quid for adults and 10 for kids is far too steep, I'd have been about 70 quid out of pocket last night had I went, ferk that. The whole of football needs to review its ticketing prices though. We have two crowds these days, league crowds with ST holders and Cup crowds with families, first timers, more women and Toon Ultras mainly buying at the door.

Guest stevieintoon

26,000 with 400 away fans live on TV, is utter utter shite by our standards, but no TV coverage and there'd have been 40,000. We got 42,000 against Mansfield at the same stage last season......and it's still better than

Spurs 28,000 not TV coverage and 4,000 Welsh cunts

Man City 25,000 £15 a ticket and 7,000 Sheff Wed

Celtic 18,000 on a fuckin weekend not on TV

Everton 24,000 on a weekend against Premiership opposition not on TV

What I found bizarre was I was watching the Man Utd 5-0 game the other night on ESPN classics and the atmosphere was awesome. Last night's match was as though it was at another place altogether.

Don't think I've ever heard it as quiet :lol:

Gemmill the resident Jade Goody?

I'm in the same situation as aimaad tbh, i.e. in no postion to criticise those who went or those who stayed away.