Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

404941.jpg

well at least its better than Jimbo's :icon_lol:

seriously good cars them. nice one!

Yeah been reading a lot of reviews and they seem to get a very good write up everywhere like so quite excited to pick it up this week!

As the wait falls off, the boots are going on and the Lake District will be my oyster.

£5.00 ebay

botas3.jpg

really you bought used shoes?

a false (and foolish) assumption is that everything on ebay is used

As the wait falls off, the boots are going on and the Lake District will be my oyster.

£5.00 ebay

botas3.jpg

5 pound for new ones.....maybe...but i take your point :)

Edited by tooner

Money making scheme:

Purchased one of these bad boys:

http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?module...CFcJd4wodhUSRuQ

got tons of vinyl, a lot of it on the rare-ish side, so thought I'd get ot all backed up on to a hardrive and flog the lot for ££££s ;)

However,

It is currently annhilating "headache" by Frank Black; the recording is beyond tinny with no depth whatsover and the stylus is just scratching the fuck out of my vinyl making the recording barely listenable ;)

I realise I've gone for the cheapest possible option, has anyone else given this a go and acheived good quality recordings?...if so what kit did you use? Cheers.....

Money making scheme:

got tons of vinyl, a lot of it on the rare-ish side, so thought I'd get ot all backed up on to a hardrive and flog the lot for ££££s ;)

However,

It is currently annhilating "headache" by Frank Black; the recording is beyond tinny with no depth whatsover and the stylus is just scratching the fuck out of my vinyl making the recording barely listenable ;)

I realise I've gone for the cheapest possible option, has anyone else given this a go and acheived good quality recordings?...if so what kit did you use? Cheers.....

have you still got a turntable? (must have a headphones socket).

1. get audacity off the net. its free so dont worry

2. run a lead from your headphone socket to your pc mic input (small jackplug)

3. run audacity. go into project and select 'new stereo track'

4. start the record and press the record button in audacity.(make sure the input level is ok)

5. do the same for side B

you'll have to split the tracks manually but its a piece of piss to do. make sure you use the 'export as Mp3' option when saving the individual track.

hope this helps

edit: just remembered you'll also need to download something called the 'LAME mp3 encoder'. it explains how to do it on the audacity site. (iirc)

Edited by AgentAxeman

£5.00 ebay

botas3.jpg

Loads of walking locally without going there dude ;)

Never done much walking round here so some suggestions would be nice, especially if you consider I will have a five year old in tow.

£5.00 ebay

botas3.jpg

Yep. Ebays ideal for this sort of thing. Cant see any problem with it and would rather waste five pounds than 70 or more only to find out its not for me (as the bloke selling them did).

If I go ice skating I wear shoes others have worn, same if I go bowling some deffo no hang ups here for me.

£5.00 ebay

botas3.jpg

Very true. Even the likes of thomson holidays and Argos have their own ebay shops. However used products are where you get the best bargains.

I once got a £3,500 fenwicks 3str and 2 str for £100. The blokes wife had bought them as her pride and joy 6 months earlier and then ran off with another fella so these were first to go.

Money making scheme:

However,

It is currently annhilating "headache" by Frank Black; the recording is beyond tinny with no depth whatsover and the stylus is just scratching the fuck out of my vinyl making the recording barely listenable B)

have you still got a turntable? (must have a headphones socket).

1. get audacity off the net. its free so dont worry

2. run a lead from your headphone socket to your pc mic input (small jackplug)

3. run audacity. go into project and select 'new stereo track'

4. start the record and press the record button in audacity.(make sure the input level is ok)

5. do the same for side B

you'll have to split the tracks manually but its a piece of piss to do. make sure you use the 'export as Mp3' option when saving the individual track.

hope this helps

edit: just remembered you'll also need to download something called the 'LAME mp3 encoder'. it explains how to do it on the audacity site. (iirc)

Still got my Technics so all is good.......all I need is a lead.I'll give that a go thanks very much mate ;)

Is that the series 7? Got one and it's quality. First electric shaver I've had that actually does the job.

Aye. I love my Merkur but I can't be arsed with wet shaving anymore. Bought it after your recommendation on N-O actually. :)