Materialism: The "What have you bought?" Thread

Tooj

Im struggling to see Peter Kay as the cunt Fish is portraying him as like. The fat bloke from Bolton, who took 5 years off to spend with his family, who is still best mates with Paddy and that lass off Corrie. The bloke that has made a shit load of money for charity and is about as far removed from a 'superstar' as you can get. Just dont see it?

The bitterness oozing from Fish with regards to P.Kay is very similar to yours regarding the iphone, does this clarify things for you?

But it amuses me that everyone keeps arguing back, More money than sense tbh :(

I neither have nor want any of the items under discussion. More sense and less money than everyone! ;)

Im struggling to see Peter Kay as the cunt Fish is portraying him as like. The fat bloke from Bolton, who took 5 years off to spend with his family, who is still best mates with Paddy and that lass off Corrie. The bloke that has made a shit load of money for charity and is about as far removed from a 'superstar' as you can get. Just dont see it?

Neil Fitzmaurice spoke of his dissatisfaction with Kay taking sole credit when he left their names off the script book for Phoenix Nights. "I can only presume they took out all the bits Neil (sic) and I wrote," Fitzmaurice said. Kay was also nominated for a book prize alone. Fitzmaurice added

"The only way I can explain it is that people are affected by fame in different ways. It was basically about a lack of respect, a lack of recognition for me and Dave."

A few people have mentioned he's a twat like. Think it was Noel Feilding who said when he introduces comedians he shortens the Mic stand and screws it as tight has he can so the act has to spend the first few minutes sorting it out and. Heard the stuff about claiming all the credit for phoenix nights before too!

I've stated many times why I think he's a tit, but lets address a few things in your defence of him.

1) being mates with the lad who rode your coat tails (while you rode in on someone else talent) and some random off a soap opera doesn't preclude you from being a twat

2) Bill Gates' has made a shit load more money for charity, doesn't mean he's any less likely to be a thief

3) it's well documented how much of a diva he is and how he actively screws people over like it's a competition

end of the day he's screwed over people to get where he is and did it behind a veil of friendship all the while acting the humble cap tugger in public.

I think it's been made pretty obvious why I think he's a twat... no sense repeating it ad nauseum though so I'll say no more.

I only have your word for this though? The article published that stated these facts (The same place you no doubt got your facts) had to publish an apology as they were unfounded!

Isn't it true that when Phoenix Nights won the Bafta or Comedy Award for best comedy writers he insisted on going on stage to collect it by himself and didn't give Spikey or Jeff any credit?

His Top of the Tower dvd was funny and had a very broad appeal but he's not done anything funny since. He might find it difficult to recapture that magic.

As an aside, Paddy McGuinness is woefully untalented. The worst headline stand-up I've seen by a country mile, and I've seen loads.

I only have your word for this though? The article published that stated these facts (The same place you no doubt got your facts) had to publish an apology as they were unfounded!

Isn't it true that when Phoenix Nights won the Bafta or Comedy Award for best comedy writers he insisted on going on stage to collect it by himself and didn't give Spikey or Jeff any credit?

His Top of the Tower dvd was funny and had a very broad appeal but he's not done anything funny since. He might find it difficult to recapture that magic.

As an aside, Paddy McGuinness is woefully untalented. The worst headline stand-up I've seen by a country mile, and I've seen loads.

That 'SingASongaSixpenceJezusKristSoopaStar' with 'Geraldine' that Kay did was absolute shite.

That 'SingASongaSixpenceJezusKristSoopaStar' with 'Geraldine' that Kay did was absolute shite.

It wasnt laugh out loud funny but it was vey well observed

13543_179342772685_537937685_3039673_5610237_n.jpg

13543_179343837685_537937685_3039675_5426045_n.jpg

13543_189042097685_537937685_3114641_2999012_n.jpg

13543_189043152685_537937685_3114642_5677758_n.jpg

Tell you what mind, they dont bastard fit :ithankyou:

A charver and he's not even out of the womb (at least I don't think he is, not been around here much lately!). :icon_lol:

Er ermmmm, how very rude. My little boy will certainly not be a chav, in or out of the womb I'll have you know. Just a word of warning mind, pregnant ladies are excluded from the public decency act, which means technically we can pee ANYWHERE as long as we don't cause criminal damage. Coat pockets and desk draws are my favourite place atm, and thats just when I'm in a good mood :lol:

DSCN3114.jpg

Washburn WI66

2 Seymour Duncan pickups a 59' Neck pickup and a bride ''Custom Custom'', mahogany body, flamed maple top and a coil tap thingy. Buzz feiten tuning system and grover 18:1 tuners.

A lovely geet.

It's a decent guitar like but I got confused with the coil tap. I thought it was ''pull up'' like it was on this Ibanez I had but you have to scroll the pot till the very end and this will then make it single coil.

Weird.

It's a decent guitar like but I got confused with the coil tap. I thought it was ''pull up'' like it was on this Ibanez I had but you have to scroll the pot till the very end and this will then make it single coil.

Weird.

does it blend back in with the turn? sort of gradually tapping it?