Cooking

Gemmill

i'll send you that paneer massala one meenzer. it was, to quote Gemmil, to die for.

Please do, the one time I tried making a saag paneer it ended up like eating chunks of pencil eraser covered in moss.

here's the paneer recipe. it's actually paneer makhani. not masala. absolutely immense. shit loads of cream and butter so you might have ot lie down afterwards if you eat too much of it, which you will because it' so goddamn lush

http://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/fresh-indian-cheese-in-a-butter-tomato-sauce-paneer-makhani

here's the paneer recipe. it's actually paneer makhani. not masala. absolutely immense. shit loads of cream and butter so you might have ot lie down afterwards if you eat too much of it, which you will because it' so goddamn lush

http://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/fresh-indian-cheese-in-a-butter-tomato-sauce-paneer-makhani

That looks dead easy but also potentially fatal. I'll save it for a day when I'm not calorie-counting. :D

Some of my favourite recipes come from the regular Curry Easy book actually, but I haven't got the Veggie one. I'm loath to buy it because I've already got enough cookbooks I don't really use. It's got to the point where I'm actively considering using random.org once a week to pick a cookbook and a page, and I have to make whatever's on that page. :lol:

Hm. There could be a blog in that... :scratchchin:

Going to a Thanksgiving get together and want to impress. I am almost certain I am going to make mini prime rib calzones. Obviously prime rib will be included in the final product but still not certain what else I should include in it. Roasted garlic, slivered red onions, cheese, and the sauce is a must but after sampling it, I recognize it is not exactly what I was hoping for.

Anybody make these before? What am I missing? Sauteed mushrooms of some sort? Artichoke hearts? Spinach?

Probably a stupid question;

Defrosted some chicken for dinner. Only needed one breast, so I marinaded the other two. Question is do I have to cook the chicken tonight or can I leave it marinating over night until 17:00 ish tomorrow?

Probably a stupid question;

Defrosted some chicken for dinner. Only needed one breast, so I marinaded the other two. Question is do I have to cook the chicken tonight or can I leave it marinating over night until 17:00 ish tomorrow?

As long as it's in the fridge you're fine.

:good:

I got the recipe for the marinade off a mates wife, and if anyone wants it, it is;

5 spring onions

a knob of ginger

3 garlic clove

1/2 an onion

3 jalapeno chillie

1/2 teaspoon thyme

Juice from 1 lime

2 tablespoons of soy sauce

2 tablespoons of vegetable oil

3 tablespoons of brown sugar

1 tablespoons of allspice

That should cover enough chicken for 6 people...

:good:

I got the recipe for the marinade off a mates wife, and if anyone wants it, it is;

5 spring onions

a knob of ginger

3 garlic clove

1/2 an onion

3 jalapeno chillie

1/2 teaspoon thyme

Juice from 1 lime

2 tablespoons of soy sauce

2 tablespoons of vegetable oil

3 tablespoons of brown sugar

1 tablespoons of allspice

That should cover enough chicken for 6 people...

If you can keep Gemmill in the fridge for that long I'll be impressed.

:whistle: