Cooking

Gemmill

This thread is butter off when people are actually posting recipes...

Spread the joy then Broccoli . .

Okiley dokiley. Tonight's dinner:

Teyiaki Trout with stir fried veg & noodles (for 2)

2 trout fillets

2 tbsp soy sauce

1 tbsp sherry

1 tbsp honey

1 tsp chopped ginger

1 onion

1 pepper

Handful of mange tout

Noodles

- Leave fillets to marinade in about 2 tbsps of the teriyaki for at least 1/2 hour (overnight if you can).

- Hoy the fish in an oven for 30 mins @ 175 degrees.

- Whilst that's doing, thinly slice onion & pepper.

- Stir fry the onion and pepper until both are softening. I do it for on a medium high heat for 15 mins or so, but it depends how crunchy you like your stir fry.

- Throw in mange tout and keep cooking for 5 mins. Throw in a small sprinkle of water to get a steam on.

- Boil the noodles and add them in.

- Pour remaining marinade into the wok and toss all the ingredients together.

- Plate up, layer the fish on top and pour over its juices.

Bloody lovely it was. :D

This thread is butter off when people are actually posting recipes...

Spread the joy then Broccoli . .

Okiley dokiley. Tonight's dinner:

Teyiaki Trout with stir fried veg & noodles (for 2)

2 trout fillets

2 tbsp soy sauce

1 tbsp sherry

1 tbsp honey

1 tsp chopped ginger

1 onion

1 pepper

Handful of mange tout

Noodles

- Leave fillets to marinade in about 2 tbsps of the teriyaki for at least 1/2 hour (overnight if you can).

- Hoy the fish in an oven for 30 mins @ 175 degrees.

- Whilst that's doing, thinly slice onion & pepper.

- Stir fry the onion and pepper until both are softening. I do it for on a medium high heat for 15 mins or so, but it depends how crunchy you like your stir fry.

- Throw in mange tout and keep cooking for 5 mins. Throw in a small sprinkle of water to get a steam on.

- Boil the noodles and add them in.

- Pour remaining marinade into the wok and toss all the ingredients together.

- Plate up, layer the fish on top and pour over its juices.

Bloody lovely it was. :D

Nice . Done similar with salmon but pak choi for mangetout and no onion. Also in the team were red pepper strips (sugared so caremelises etc), splash fish sauce and a good blast fresh lime at end . . 'Bhitsh botscth' as Ollo would splutter.

Oh all done in pan btw. Drizzle with sesame oil n seeds to drop knickers .

Edited by LoveTheBobby

I will soon be making or attempting to make a Coffee and Walnut cake for a Bonfire night party. Have any of you made one? I havent, so I expect it will go bloody wrong :rolleyes:

Can't help you, Bev. I don't do nuts at all.

Interpret that as you will :lol:

I will soon be making or attempting to make a Coffee and Walnut cake for a Bonfire night party. Have any of you made one? I havent, so I expect it will go bloody wrong :rolleyes:

I think "disappointing" covers all permutations. :huff:

I think "disappointing" covers all permutations. :huff:

HeHe B)

I'm also making treacle flap jack and a victoria sponge, but those are easy to do.

Turns out that Brock's ratatouille (page 31; already a legend in several lunchtimes) works a treat stirred through couscous and a bit of grated cheese. That might be hugely obvious, but man, if I had to go veggie I could happily live off this stuff. :wank:

Turns out that Brock's ratatouille (page 31; already a legend in several lunchtimes) works a treat stirred through couscous and a bit of grated cheese. That might be hugely obvious, but man, if I had to go veggie I could happily live off this stuff. :wank:

Going through a proper couscous phase at the mo so will have to try this. Sounds absolutely lush!

Going through a proper couscous phase at the mo so will have to try this. Sounds absolutely lush!

I wouldn't waste your best balsamic on it :gay: mind, as the cheese probably takes it more towards stoodent food territory. Then again, you could use posh cheese too...

I wouldn't waste your best balsamic on it :gay: mind, as the cheese probably takes it more towards stoodent food territory. Then again, you could use posh cheese too...

My fancy balsamic is used instead of tabasco/worcester sauce for the occasional luxurious bloody mary these days. Slurrrrp!

I love a nice Bloody Mary now and again. Bloody Maria's (more Tabasco and Tequila instead of Vodka are var, var nice too).

Edited by alex

It's a bit Marmite (or Bovril, as CT would say) like I'll give you that. I even usual have some celery salt in to make them. In Canada and the US it's quite popular to make them with Clamato. Now that is sick.