Cooking

Gemmill

Ostrich fillet steak is lush. Used to treat myself to it from the market whenever it rolled into town (the market that is).

Made a fish balti curry today. Used Patak's paste but there ya go. :P Although I tried to make saag aloo - boiled potatoes in veg stock then stirred in fried onions, chilli, mustard seeds and spinach. Effin lush.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone got some good soups to try? Looking for a decent minestrone.

Not minestrone but I did this on Sunday, dead nice and wintry and pretty straightforward:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/member-recipes/Spicy%20Red%20Pepper%20Soup%20/2799

As for tonight, I munched on Julia Sawalha's chicken pie and loved every minute.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/chickenpie_80250

Anyone onto JamieGeezer's street jive special on bbc here ?

He's touring about in a mobile pub 'The Cock In Cider'

Watched it last night. I like Jamie Oliver, sometimes he can get on your tits but all in all I like his approach to food. Was a good programme. Looking forward to next week when he is in Leeds.

Ive been working on his new restaurant in Manchester, fucking superb building renovation, its going to be champion when that opens.

I quite like Oliver, especially his books, but could only watch about 10 minutes of that last night. Also, why the fuck does he always have to spill everything everywhere. Annoying enough if he was a fucking spaz who couldn't help it but even worse as an affectation. Bosh! Mobile pub as well. Here man, fuck off :lol:

I quite like Oliver, especially his books, but could only watch about 10 minutes of that last night. Also, why the fuck does he always have to spill everything everywhere. Annoying enough if he was a fucking spaz who couldn't help it but even worse as an affectation. Bosh! Mobile pub as well. Here man, fuck off :lol:

Ive got most of his books and use his website a lot.

What annoys me is when he looks like he is either having a stroke or an eplieptic fit when trying to think of what he wants to say :lol:

Watched it last night. I like Jamie Oliver, sometimes he can get on your tits but all in all I like his approach to food. Was a good programme. Looking forward to next week when he is in Leeds.

Ive been working on his new restaurant in Manchester, fucking superb building renovation, its going to be champion when that opens.

The 'guerilla cooking' thing was good mind - love the idea of that - those burgers looked pretty special !

You work in contracting/shopfitting mate ? Ironically we're ripping off his Leeds place to redo a few venues up here .

The 'guerilla cooking' thing was good mind - love the idea of that - those burgers looked pretty special !

You work in contracting/shopfitting mate ? Ironically we're ripping off his Leeds place to redo a few venues up here .

I didnt understand that guerilla cooking tbh. What happens? A bloke in a burger van pulls up and sells burgers at an organised venue with a group of students talking about the days slob?

No mate, I am a Structural Engineer and we have been refurbing an old bank in King St Manchester for his new place. Leeds one is very similar.

I didnt understand that guerilla cooking tbh. What happens? A bloke in a burger van pulls up and sells burgers at an organised venue with a group of students talking about the days slob?

No mate, I am a Structural Engineer and we have been refurbing an old bank in King St Manchester for his new place. Leeds one is very similar.

Ha - Think it's only something that would work with Londons Bo-ho's tbh like.

Think it must be a Twitter flashmob kind of affair . Bet they were a straight £10 a pop .

Given what I saw I'd pay the man too !

Ha - Think it's only something that would work with Londons Bo-ho's tbh like.

Think it must be a Twitter flashmob kind of affair . Bet they were a straight £10 a pop .

Given what I saw I'd pay the man too !

Aye, I was sat in bed watching the later one and was drooling at some of the scran he was making, them burgers looked mint as did most of the food tbh.

Yup the food looked great . The last dish with the fish - mind by the time he'd wanked off about the seabass and reminded everyone he'd been conceived at the end of Southend Pier I thought he'd end up passing the served up fish to his expired Granny !

The poor dear looked starved by time she got fed - sucking on that asparagus for dear life as if to say "less of the fuckin chatter eh"

Yup the food looked great . The last dish with the fish - mind by the time he'd wanked off about the seabass and reminded everyone he'd been conceived at the end of Southend Pier I thought he'd end up passing the served up fish to his expired Granny !

The poor dear looked starved by time she got fed - sucking on that asparagus for dear life as if to say "less of the fuckin chatter eh"

:lol:

Aye, that was embarrassing about him going on how his mother basically sucked the old fella off on the pier. The old man buzzing :lol:

I liked the flat fish with the shellfish,looked lush! I wanna goto the seaside now :)

:lol:

Aye, that was embarrassing about him going on how his mother basically sucked the old fella off on the pier. The old man buzzing :lol:

I liked the flat fish with the shellfish,looked lush! I wanna goto the seaside now :)

I live there!!