Cooking

Gemmill

Doing one of my favourite can't-be-arsed-with-owt-flash things with pasta tonight.

Fry a chopped onion and a sliced and cubed Mattesons smoked sausage in a little olive oil over a medium heat for 5-10 minutes until browning a bit.

Add 200ml water, 2 tbsp tomato puree, 1 tsp paprika, a beef stock cube and 1-2 bay leaves. Mix and simmer gently, stirring occasionally, while cooking your pasta on the side.

Chuck in 200g or so of frozen petits pois about 5 minutes before the pasta is done.

Remove the bay leaves then stir the sauce through the drained pasta, add tons of black pepper and parmesan, bosh bosh schtum pukka wallop.

Edited by Meenzer

Ants pizza and quick garlic bread.

Yummy yum.

Pizza AND Garlic bread? <_<:icon_lol:

Just had the munchies and was fancying something garlicy.

Ciabatta sliced in half, grilled on both sides.

Meanwhile, 100g of butter or marg in a bowl, 3 chopped up garlic cloves and chopped parsley mixed in a bowl to make garlic butter.

Piping hot ciabattas smeared with garlic butter, voila!

A bit too much butter crammed into the holes so too garlicy, hence the less garlicy pizza!

Use olive oil instead of butter. Better for you.

Ants pizza and quick garlic bread.

Yummy yum.

Pizza AND Garlic bread? <_<:icon_lol:

Just had the munchies and was fancying something garlicy.

Ciabatta sliced in half, grilled on both sides.

Meanwhile, 100g of butter or marg in a bowl, 3 chopped up garlic cloves and chopped parsley mixed in a bowl to make garlic butter.

Piping hot ciabattas smeared with garlic butter, voila!

A bit too much butter crammed into the holes so too garlicy, hence the less garlicy pizza!

Use olive oil instead of butter. Better for you.

It will be Lurpak all the way for Rolly man, he don't do low fat spreads

Just made a variation on this:

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13192/l...nd-squash-curry

Used chicken thigh/leg meat rather than lamb (because that's what we had in), garam masala instead of Madras powder, and threw in some chilli flakes, a squirt of tomato puree and some frozen spinach.

Absolutely bloody lovely. You'd think it'd be a bit odd with the butternut squash but the sweetness offsets the heat a treat. <_<

Fish and Chips :(

Stop pretending your bothered, you're just like the rest of the fat greedy fuckas wobbling around out there.

Have we had a picture of you yet? :cuppa:

I'm not fat, never have been and I'm not the one crying about being over weight and wanting to lose weight, whilst stuffing my face with shite every other night.

Fish and Chips :(

Stop pretending your bothered, you're just like the rest of the fat greedy fuckas wobbling around out there.

Have we had a picture of you yet? :cuppa:

I'm not fat, never have been and I'm not the one crying about being over weight and wanting to lose weight, whilst stuffing my face with shite every other night.

And your the one addicted to our plight. :(

Becoming a bit of an angry man of late. Whats gone wrong?

CT, all the healthy recipes that get posted in this thread, and you've latched on to homemade pizza as your new staple diet (which you can't have without a full ciabatta covered in garlic butter). When you're not having that, it's Fish and Chips or Chinese. :cuppa:

I've given up on you and your "lifestyle change" now. My main concern is your children - if the above are the only menu options being made available to them, then they're in danger of a life of obesity. I'll be making unscheduled visits to your house over the next month to check on them.

CT, all the healthy recipes that get posted in this thread, and you've latched on to homemade pizza as your new staple diet (which you can't have without a full ciabatta covered in garlic butter). When you're not having that, it's Fish and Chips or Chinese. :cuppa:

I've given up on you and your "lifestyle change" now. My main concern is your children - if the above are the only menu options being made available to them, then they're in danger of a life of obesity. I'll be making unscheduled visits to your house over the next month to check on them.

Think you need to come and cook!

CT, all the healthy recipes that get posted in this thread, and you've latched on to homemade pizza as your new staple diet (which you can't have without a full ciabatta covered in garlic butter). When you're not having that, it's Fish and Chips or Chinese. :(

Think you need to come and cook!

:cuppa: That comment is going in your file.

just made pastrami subs with jalapeno cheese and dijon mustard and piri piri flavoured kettle chips then fresley squeezed still lemonade and then a crunchie for afterwards

the crunchie somewhat ruins the poshness

Trying my hand at this http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/5877/na...ring-vegetables at some point over the weekend. I expect it to turn out wrong.

That looks really nice.

Where are you thinking you'll struggle?

Well I've ordered the stuff from Tesco and there was no baby turnips, I'm debating whether to use a regular sized one and cut it up or leave them out altogether. I'll probably nacker something somewhere along the way, looks like there's a bit of multitasking involved, and I've got a habit of over or under cooking any meat I cook. I don't really cook either, tried my hand at a steak & ale pie in the past but aside from that I'm a relative newbie. I'll take some pictures if it turns out alright :nufc:

Edited by AshleysSkidMark

I can't see why you shouldn't be able to use a regular turnip- however, even if you cut it into bite size bits, it'll still need longer cooking time than a baby one.

Alternatively, substitute it with something like parsnip, or if you want to be a trendy fucker, squash.

As far as cooking , it seems to be split into clear stages

The blanching of the veg- the iced water is to stop them cooking further at this stage.

The cooking of the lamb- pretty straightforward.

Deglazing the pan, and creating the sauce. Make sure the pan is well hot before you pour on the wine.If you reduce it too much, add water to bring it back to volume.

Finally, caramelising the veg.

Hope it works mate.

Edited by Monkeys Fist

Cheers I'll keep you updated, with an image diary complete with man's lager in-shot to prove I'm not drinking the wine.

Sign of a real chef that man!

530748_L1.jpg

:nufc:

*Fish mightn't agree*