Cooking

Gemmill

Homemade burgers. The patties are cooling in the fridge as we speak. Excited.

Can't beat it.

Diced onion in the patty?

Yup. And parmesan and jacob's crackers. And an egg.

?

Recipe please

2 medium red onions, peeled and finely chopped

6 Jacob's crackers, whizzed up in food processor

500g lean mince beef

1 teaspoon salt

1 heaped teaspoon black pepper

1 large egg, beaten

A handful freshly grated Parmesan

Fry the chopped onions with some olive oil for 10 mins or so (until soft). Put to one side on a plate and allow to cool completely.

Then put all of the above into a mixing bowl and scrunch it all up so it's well mixed.

Form into 6 patties about 2cm thick, and put onto an oiled baking tray. Put clingfilm on and stick it in the fridge for an hour until the patties firm up.

Once they're ready, get a frying pan really hot, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side - no oil required for cooking.

You can make a spicy sauce to go with them too with.

4 parts mayonnaise to one part ketchup.

Pinch of smoked paprika or cayenne pepper

Juice of 1/4 to 1/2 a lemon, depending how much sauce you've made - don't put too much lemon in or it goes dead runny.

Ha! 'smug' That more or less how I make my own burgers anyway! Been doing that for years! Though I normally use white breadcrumbs instead of crackers.

Don't ask me to stray from a Jamie recipe! Ever.

Do you never just fancy egg and chips? :lol:

Egg is for breakfast, woman! Tonight I've got leftover turkey stew.

What a chef this man is!

Doing a warm salad tonight, pan fried salmon fillets, green beans and new potatoes. Mix salad with beans and pots and lob the salmon on top. Am marinating the salmon now in a basque dressing which is oil based so none needed in the pan.

Doing a warm salad tonight, pan fried salmon fillets, green beans and new potatoes. Mix salad with beans and pots and lob the salmon on top. Am marinating the salmon now in a basque dressing which is oil based so none needed in the pan.

What is in the basque dressing? sounds interesting!

I've just, at the request of her indoors, assembled a Jamie - spit - Oliver meal.

Looks canny tbf.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegeter...hamilton-squash

WTF is that?

Looks like something you'd see on an STI warning poster :icon_lol:

I'm glad you mentioned that.

Jamie said 'the rithe will cook inthide, no need to pre-cook'

Like SHITE.

Cooked for 1 hour 45 - half an hour longer than he suggested and the rice was still like fucking gravel, basically making it almost inedible.

There's half of it left in the fridge too, I might nuke it in a bag for 20 minutes or just throw it at a parking inspector off of the roof.

These cunts and their recipes man. Make it up as I go along and I'll ready steady cook any of these attention seeking goons.

I'd have to check the bottle but its got espelette ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espelette_pepper ) garlic, olive oil and various herbs.

Its basically spicey / herby oil that you can marinate meats / fish with or lob on a salad with a bit of vinegar added (or i do anyway).

I'd have to check the bottle but its got espelette ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Espelette_pepper ) garlic, olive oil and various herbs.

Its basically spicey / herby oil that you can marinate meats / fish with or lob on a salad with a bit of vinegar added (or i do anyway).

That sounds spot on that does! Will add it to the shopping list this weekend!

I've just, at the request of her indoors, assembled a Jamie - spit - Oliver meal.

Looks canny tbf.

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/vegeter...hamilton-squash

WTF is that?

Looks like something you'd see on an STI warning poster :icon_lol:

I'm glad you mentioned that.

Jamie said 'the rithe will cook inthide, no need to pre-cook'

Like SHITE.

Cooked for 1 hour 45 - half an hour longer than he suggested and the rice was still like fucking gravel, basically making it almost inedible.

There's half of it left in the fridge too, I might nuke it in a bag for 20 minutes or just throw it at a parking inspector off of the roof.

These cunts and their recipes man. Make it up as I go along and I'll ready steady cook any of these attention seeking goons.

;):icon_lol:

"Insthpired by a one minute converthation with Johnny Boy Hamilton…"

Pukka