Cooking

Gemmill

till it looks cooked...

First one looked good after a further 6 mins so thats about 11 all told. The middle daughters just done the egg thing however it aint looking great 6 minutes later. :lol: could have a cooked egg and black pizza.

if you think the base is going be over but the toppings not going be done (egg anyways)

lob it under the grill

Oops :D

She salvaged what she could.

Anyway, eating mine now and its absolutely bloody gorgeous. Definitely a regular in our house from now on.

Nice one :lol:

Well this is what the first two turned out like. Maybe not as round or visually pleasing, but bloody delicious.

I also read a tip somewhere, might have been on here, about pasting the pizza with olive oil when it first goes in to stop any possibility of a damp or squidgy base off the toppings. Having a jar of garlic olive oil in the cupboard, I used that instead and the base did indeed stay proper and also had a lovely garlic taste to it.

A very happy tree household (part from egg girl).

001zgw.jpg

002xipd.jpg

Looking good ct. There's nowt like home made pizza. I like the fact that they're a bit scruffy looking too. Mine always come out a funny shape. But as long as they taste good, who gives a shit right?

Only thing i would add is try making them even thinner for the authentic italian crust and shorter cooking time needed in the oven

They were thin as hell when they went in believe it or not.

I know that feeling :D

I'm going to make Jamie's Chicken satay with Fiery noodle salad for tea tonight. :D

That's what I made last night. It's quality. Word to the wise though, be generous with the ingredients when making the sauce or you'll end up with next to none.

At last after over two weeks I can cook again today! New cooker arrived on Monday, hubby connected it up last night. I've quite enjoyed the time off cooking duties but I am looking forwards to cooking a proper meal. On the plus side of it all though is I've got the hang of cooking with a slow cooker!

At last after over two weeks I can cook again today! New cooker arrived on Monday, hubby connected it up last night. I've quite enjoyed the time off cooking duties but I am looking forwards to cooking a proper meal. On the plus side of it all though is I've got the hang of cooking with a slow cooker!

Slow cookers are immense, been using one for years and will be doing a beef casserole in it tomorrow.

If they had a fanny I'd marry one.

Home made Baked Bhajis, followed by Barneys curry.

Onion Bhajis went wrong :icon_lol: Curry not looking much better :o Hungry wifes face :D Takeaway on standby :D

Curry didnt quite work. Consistency stayed like gravy however the chicken in it was very tasty.

Saved the day with home made pizzas.

Chinese curry and fried rice tonight [home made]

How do you make your fried rice?

pre-cook rice until it is dry, or better still, cold.

Coat the wok with oil [i use indian veg ghee for everything like this, omelettes, stir fry mushrooms etc] to stop the rice from sticking and burning the wok....

Heat the oil, crack one egg into it and stir fry until it is scrambled. Add the rice and fry, slowly. Turn it constantly. Add some LIGHT soy sauce, a bit at a time, and stir fry, stirring constantly. If you add a bit of salt it can burn the wok which is a pain to restore so I try not to but its not easy to get the taste right so I find the longer you stir fry it the better [but don't let it start to harden], add a SMALL amount of dark soy sauce to replace the salt if you want, but not too much or it goes too brown or too salty.

Its not easy, its very much a matter of keep having a little taste, until you find out for yourself how much soy sauce you want, how high to have the gas and how long to stir fry it to your taste. I don't bother doing this now because I've basically got it more or less weighed off. Basically, slowly and constant stirring prevents burning of the wok and the rice, maybe about 5 minutes or so. It's near enough the real chinese for me although sometimes it is more successful than others but I get this with curries too.

There are videos on the internet, if you look too.

If you want, you can throw in onions, peas etc anything a recipe tells you to put in.

Edited by LeazesMag

Onion Bhajis went wrong :o Curry not looking much better :o Hungry wifes face :icon_lol: Takeaway on standby :D

Curry didnt quite work. Consistency stayed like gravy however the chicken in it was very tasty.

Saved the day with home made pizzas.

you should liquidise onion and tomato etc to get your basic sauce. I have passed my basic recipe around on here a while ago, you can adapt it to suit whatever you want. If you make the sauce and it is too thin, then add some tomato puree or tinned toms if its indian, or cornflour if its chinese. You can also quickly make up some curry paste in a cup with water, fry it in a bit of ghee and add it to your main curry. This changes the taste and its not ideal but it rescues the dish/

You can make an elaborate curry and go through all the cooking, but sometimes I find the curry pastes with tomato puree are very good for quickness, if you use these start off with stir frying some onions with garlic puree and then add in the curry paste and tomato puree.

Don't use the instant jars, they are crap, the wrong consistency, everything, although Morrisons actually sell a jar of their own for fuckin 9 pence if you want to make some for the pool team or something.... :D

Edited by LeazesMag

Onion Bhajis went wrong :o Curry not looking much better :o Hungry wifes face :icon_lol: Takeaway on standby :D

:D

supermarket bhajis do for me, if you want raita sauce, go to indian supermarkets and get Crucials Yoghurt and mint sauce in a plastic bottle, or go to these places like poundstretcher for a smaller bottle as they have a limited shelf life of a few months.

Squeeze some of this into a cup or something, and add milk until the consistency is right. Chill in a fridge. Its spot on, just like the restaurant.