Cooking

Gemmill

My dough recipe

500g flour

300'ish ml's warm water (might need a drop more but normally that'll do it)

1 sachet (7g) of Yeast

1xtablespoon sugar,

pinch of salt,

2xtablespoon of olive oil

warm water + yeast sugar oil salt, mix it around and give it a minute to get the yeast motivated to work!

mix in with the flour knead to a smooth dough, cover it put it somewhere warm to rise for an hour-hour 1/2.

take it out, kneed/knock it back and your done, should be enough dough to make 4x 10-12inch pizzas

Polenta worked well for dusting the surface, rolling pin and baking sheet btw.

Just came in here to say I did home made pizzas for dinner as it happens. They looked a lot more 'rustic' than Ant's like but they tasted nice.

Mine are normally as round as a rectangle, but was killing time really so took a bit longer at it

First time I've done my own and the results were spot on. I was inspired by you :lol: Used Delia's dough recipe.

Linky please

Just google it.

For others (sounds canny hard like)

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/type-of...izza-dough.html

without wanting to turn this thread completely into a jamie olive jizzfest, his pizza dough recipe is the best i've tried. it's well worth investing £20 in a pizza stone too. they only take about 5-8 minutes then and come out like a proper thin crust italian style effort

Cmon lads, hoy them up. :lol:

http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/pizza-recipes/pizza-dough

My dough recipe

500g flour

1 sachet (7g) of Yeast

1xtablespoon sugar,

pinch of salt,

warm water + yeast sugar oil salt, mix it around and give it a minute to get the yeast motivated to work!

mix in with the flour knead to a smooth dough, cover it put it somewhere warm to rise for an hour-hour 1/2.

take it out, kneed/knock it back and your done, should be enough dough to make 4x 10-12inch pizzas

Now that sounds straight forward, but once you have your 10 inch pizza, can you just stick it on a baking tray or do you need to do this jiggerpokery you are all talking about.

Basic bread recipe

This will make go in a 2lb loaf tin, or about 1/3rd will do a pizza base depending on size.

500g flour - strong white (can fuck about with different flours/ratios when you're confident)

2tsp salt

7g (one sachet) easy yeast

Optional but delicious - 2 tsps rosemary - ground to near dust in a pestle and mortar.

Mix these dry ingredients well, make hole in middle. Turn your oven on to lowest setting (~40C)

Grab a jug and pour in 300ml tepid/warm water. to this add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. whisk together.

Pour into hole in flour and mix.

Kneed for 5-10 minutes. dough should be smooth and not sticky, if it is add a little flour and keep needing.

Shape into loaf or pizza or baps or whatever onto lightly oiled vessel

Place in oven.

Go on TT for 30 minutes, give Kev some shit.

For bread -

Remove from oven, turn oven up to 220/200fan

Dust with flour

Place in oven when hot.

25 minutes later remove, tip out and tap bottom - sounds hollow - cooked, not hollow give it 5 more minutes

For pizza -

Turn oven to max - ~250C for me.

Sauce it up, layer it up

Cook for about 12 minutes.

Enjoy

edit: I don't fuck about knocking it back, but Ant's is about the same.

Edited by trophyshy

My dough recipe

500g flour

1 sachet (7g) of Yeast

1xtablespoon sugar,

pinch of salt,

Polenta worked well for dusting the surface, rolling pin and baking sheet btw.

I can't find that stuff anywhere here, tesco had this premade polenta mush in a packet which is no use, wanted to get some to use in couple of baking recipes, assumed Sainsburys or the like would have it but no joy.

I managed to get some in Waitrose. Was with the pasta etc. rather than the flour though. Is there not an Italian deli or something in Belfast? Bet you can get it online anyway. Bit of a fanny on getting it though, my Sainsbury's didn't have it either.

I don't think Monkey'sFist even owns this wagamama book. :lol:

:D

scanned em in as you were scurrilously posting this- same problem you had though- too large to upload to image shack.

loading them to email now :D

scanned em in as you were scurrilously posting this- same problem you had though- too large to upload to image shack.

sent, check your email spunk chops :D

Received, thank you very much.

Received, thank you very much.

The Ebi Katsu sauce is the only thing i could find resembling the recipe you asked for- "Katsu Chicken Curry 2 I think it was.

Enjoy

CT, try Jamie Olivers 'cheat pizza'. Takes about 10minutes in total to make. Fuck about with the toppings/sauce yourself too.

Tried it last week, didnt work. Even gave it five minutes longer in the oven and it was still all doughy. Not sure what I did wrong. Bairn wasnt impressed. :lol:

Hugo-Wagamama.jpg

This one mate.

When i get some recipes scanned I'll send you some.........when

the chili men recipe is lush and a piece of piss to make.

never thought it would have red sauce in it when i ate it in the restaurant like. the yasai itame comes out a treat too.

CT, try Jamie Olivers 'cheat pizza'. Takes about 10minutes in total to make. Fuck about with the toppings/sauce yourself too.

Tried it last week, didnt work. Even gave it five minutes longer in the oven and it was still all doughy. Not sure what I did wrong. Bairn wasnt impressed. :lol:

You don't use the oven.

Once made, lash it onto a pre-heated pan on the stove, then cook the base under the grill, whilst still in the pan.

I know it isn’t really cooking, but if you’re like me and you add a few dashes of Tobasco sauce to liven up a bland dish then I recommend ‘Dave's Gourmet Insanity Sauce’, most other sauces are wishy washy in comparison, but this stuff is the business, great flavour to it too.

It’s ideal for livening up one of those microwave curries that are too bland.

WARNING: it is bloody hot though! It has a very thick consistency so one drop is quite an amount, anymore than one small drop per serving will have you pouring with sweat and your sinuses streaming! NOT for kids or the elderly!!

unfortunately in the last couple of weeks my Asda has stopped selling it so I’m having to hunt some more of it down elsewhere.

That Encona West Indian Chilli sauce is canny hot. Not ridiculously so but it has a kick and you can get it all over.

That Encona West Indian Chilli sauce is canny hot. Not ridiculously so but it has a kick and you can get it all over.

Encona tis nice like, a substitute for me if no Dave’s sauce, but I go through it too quickly.

Encona tis nice like, a substitute for me if no Dave’s sauce, but It goes through me too quickly.

Fixed

Bolognese tonight. Well, I made it yesterday but it tastes better the next day anyway.

I'm like that with my lasagne. Always overdo it on the bechemel sauce but if you fridge it and re-heat the following day it's perfect :lol: