Cooking

Gemmill

Quality thread this now. I love the way Gemmil has now appointed himself CT's personal trainer/advisor and constantly bullys him, no pain no gain fat man :D

CT is fast approaching J69 levels of cuntishness btw

Remember when Des (i think) on neighbors had a personal trainer called Arnie. That's me.

It might be once you actually get to Ramsay Street.

TBH potatoes are the devils work for fat cunts so any potato chip/crisp needs a wide berth.

Just came in here to say I did home made pizzas for dinner as it happens. They looked a lot more 'rustic' than Ant's like but they tasted nice.

Made the steak sarnies from the Jamie book (obv) last night. Rump steak cooked medium with thyme, seasoning and olive oil, french bread (they had no ciabattas left), jarred peppers chopped with fresh parsley, horseradish. Didn't bother making anything to go with it cos I'd had a roast dinner earlier on in the day and it would have all got left. Was nice.

Made the steak sarnies from the Jamie book (obv) last night. Rump steak cooked medium with thyme, seasoning and olive oil, french bread (they had no ciabattas left), jarred peppers chopped with fresh parsley, horseradish. Didn't bother making anything to go with it cos I'd had a roast dinner earlier on in the day and it would have all got left. Was nice.

Eh?

You had a roast dinner for lunch and then a rump steak later on? Isnt that loads?

Jealous tbh.

Eh?

You had a roast dinner for lunch and then a rump steak later on? Isnt that loads?

Jealous tbh.

Aye but I just had the steak sarnie. It was meant to include crispy new potatoes and salad, which I'd bought the stuff in for.

"Asian style" salmon and noodle broth for tea tonight.

Just came in here to say I did home made pizzas for dinner as it happens. They looked a lot more 'rustic' than Ant's like but they tasted nice.

Mine are normally as round as a rectangle, but was killing time really so took a bit longer at it

First time I've done my own and the results were spot on. I was inspired by you :( Used Delia's dough recipe.

without wanting to turn this thread completely into a jamie olive jizzfest, his pizza dough recipe is the best i've tried. it's well worth investing £20 in a pizza stone too. they only take about 5-8 minutes then and come out like a proper thin crust italian style effort

Tried making Aloo / bombay aloo / Garlic aloo ?? etc last night. Edible but nowt flash.

The one from the the takeaway has a lovely garlic curry taste to it, mine didnt. :(

Maybe look into dusting a bit of garam masala onto the veg dishes just before serving. Definately the way forward . Gives dishes a flavour boost. Try get as authentic a version as you can as makes all the difference. Dead easy to make your own too. Normally go for a derivative by Madur Jaffrey myself.

Edit

Also if you cook the garlic involved till just crispy brown get a totally different flavour (richer taste) but don't over do it as becomes bitter.

Edited by LoveTheBobby

Here it is CT, save you asking :icon_lol:

Madhur Jaffrey Garam Masala

Ha cheers man :( - was just looking it up.

While you're on Monkeys - which Wagamama book you refer to earlier in this thread ? I got the Ways With Noodles One and is really good. Always get them cheap as chips (!) on ebay.

Downloaded some Wagamama training vids from some fuckin corner of the interweb a while ago. Were good but surprisingly were all American! ? Thought was a UK thing. Hey ho.

Mine are normally as round as a rectangle, but was killing time really so took a bit longer at it

First time I've done my own and the results were spot on. I was inspired by you :( Used Delia's dough recipe.

Linky please

without wanting to turn this thread completely into a jamie olive jizzfest, his pizza dough recipe is the best i've tried. it's well worth investing £20 in a pizza stone too. they only take about 5-8 minutes then and come out like a proper thin crust italian style effort

Cmon lads, hoy them up. :(

Cmon lads, hoy them up. :(

CLICKY

First time I've done my own and the results were spot on. I was inspired by you :lol: Used Delia's dough recipe.

Linky please

Just google it.