Cooking

Gemmill

:D

For all this is obviously hilarious in the context of CT's weight loss humiliation on here :), there ought to be laws against misleading labelling </dailymail>. In fact I'm sure there are at a European level - haven't idiot Sunderland greengrocers had heart attacks for less? - so quite why this mob can get away with it while trumpeting a glorious new era of "low salt" is beyond me. Got to give them credit for the sheer ballsiness of it all though. :icon_lol:

:D

For all this is obviously hilarious in the context of CT's weight loss humiliation on here :), there ought to be laws against misleading labelling </dailymail>. In fact I'm sure there are at a European level - haven't idiot Sunderland greengrocers had heart attacks for less? - so quite why this mob can get away with it while trumpeting a glorious new era of "low salt" is beyond me. Got to give them credit for the sheer ballsiness of it all though. :icon_lol:

New "Thread of Outrage" on RTG, right there!

This is going to sound massively patronising, but I'll say it anyway: this is just another lesson to be learned. Apply the "plum tomato rule" (as I'm fashionably calling it :D) from the last page - if something ostensibly bad for you claims to have as few calories in it as salad, chances are there's something dodgy afoot that needs to be investigated before gorging ensues. :icon_lol:

This is going to sound massively patronising, but I'll say it anyway: this is just another lesson to be learned. Apply the "plum tomato rule" (as I'm fashionably calling it :D) from the last page - if something ostensibly bad for you claims to have as few calories in it as salad, chances are there's something dodgy afoot that needs to be investigated before gorging ensues. :icon_lol:

If it's too good to be true it probably is. Applies to everything in life.

Come on CT, scan the packet and let us be the judge. I reckon you've allowed yourself to be willingly misled here. :D

Ok here it is.

The nutritional box under that big headline "Goodbye salt, hello flavour" simply says at the top of it "Jacket Potato with Tomato Ketchup flavour" and then lists the values I posted earlier. There is no mention that this is just for the sauce.

That other nutritional box in the lower right hand corner has the real info in.

But why list them seperately ?

Why not state ones for the sauce?

Why put the low one in a position that of course will be read first?

Do they really expect any crisp muncher to continue reading after that good news?

Meezners rule of plum is of course one I will take with me from now on.

003uxw.jpg

That's actually properly shocking labelling. Should be banned straight away as far as I'm concerned. :D

And yes I know the alarm bells should start ringing as soon there's as any claim of "17 calories per packet" in conjunction with a snack food product, but still. You can see how people who've never known any better would easily get drawn in.

Edited by Meenzer

Quality thread this now. I love the way Gemmil has now appointed himself CT's personal trainer/advisor and constantly bullys him, no pain no gain fat man :D

CT is fast approaching J69 levels of cuntishness btw

Remember when Des (i think) on neighbors had a personal trainer called Arnie. That's me.

If you like crisps/savoury snacks make your own. Use parsnip or potato shavings and spray lightly with oil then bake in the oven. Then you can add your own salt/pepper to taste.

Made this for the house.

lrg_1948.jpg

Nice, although I think I prefer tuna with stir fry, feels like a waste of beef steak, somehow :D

Teriyaki is where it's at, oh fo sho. :icon_lol:

Made this for the house.

lrg_1948.jpg

Nice, although I think I prefer tuna with stir fry, feels like a waste of beef steak, somehow :D

Teriyaki is where it's at, oh fo sho. :icon_lol:

Did it come out like the picture?

Give him a chance to digest it man!