Cooking

Gemmill

Shoulda froze it :lol:

Thank you Captain Obvious

If it's so obvious then why didn't you do it, huh? yeah thought so, amatuer's mistake, Dave.

:lol:

aww, you were doing so well

bang on tonight!

500g of carrots boiled until really soft,mash with pepper and butter

Stick in dish, cover with breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan and give it 15 minutes at 250 c

Fantastic!!

bang on tonight!

Stick in dish, cover with breadcrumbs and grated Parmesan and give it 15 minutes at 250 c

Fantastic!!

I'd add Parsnips and sweet potato to that mate :lol:

bang on tonight!

Fantastic!!

Nice.

bang on tonight!

Fantastic!!

I'd add Parsnips and sweet potato to that mate :lol:

I'd add the parsnip and/or swede. I love parsnips, what a surprising flavour from something that looks so plain and uninteresting!

Made Nigellas sunshine soup at dinner time and could not believe how such basic ingredients could produce such a tasty soup.

Serves 4

1 yellow bell pepper

1 orange bell pepper

Garlic oil or just Olive oil

1 Litre vegetable or chicken stock

500g frozen sweetcorn

salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 200 degrees

Remove the core, seeds and white membrane from the bell peppers, then cut the peppers into strips and place on a baking sheet shiny down. Sprinkle with the oil and smoosh them about so that all sides are a little covered by oil, then leave them shiny-skin side up this time. Roast them in the oven for 25 minutes.

IMG_2298.JPG

Pour the vegetable or chicken broth into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Add the frozen corn and bring back to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover and let bubble away for about 20 minutes.

Using a perforated spoon, remove about 1 cup of corn, and set to one side while you blend the rest of the corn along with all its cooking liquid and the blistered bell peppers, then toss the set-aside corn niblets back into the blended, but not too smooth, soup and season to taste.

IMG_2310.JPG

Not my pictures btw

Sounds and looks while making) pretty bland, but full of taste.

037ip.jpg

Just cook fillet for 2 mins each side. At least leave it pink in the middle. Dont put cream cheese on it, have a dab of dijon mustard instead.

Being through the pink bloody phase, particularly in France where their idea of rare is pulling its horns off and slapping its arse.

Gone back to liking no pink and no blood.

Strangely enough, still like pink bloody lamb.

Fillet steak topped with Philadelphia cheese, Mushrooms and Onion gently fried in Garlic oil and grilled Tomatoes.

Very tasty and extremely filling.

037ip.jpg

8 Points for any lurking Weight Watchers :lol:

Where?

I raised this very question a few weeks back. I bought a full fillet a few weeks back, cut it into steaks and froze them. However when you get to the end of the "tail", theres not much to do but slice it any way you can.

w%20fillet.jpg

Even at the thick end, I still cant get any steak to look like the size you get in really good restaurants?

124j9xh.jpg

Felch Bread, absolutely delicious it is too.

FYP

Actually, that does sound, and look, good.

Pasta Amatriciana chez Fist tonight.

Quick, easy and lush.

(bit like Mrs. Fist tbh)

Got that right :lol: