Cooking

Gemmill

Take your pick

The wonders of google :D

Cheers, just expect you to know these things :icon_lol:

I was googling and I think the common one seems to be 3 tbsp olive oli, 2 tbsp lemon juice, salt and pepper.

I'll give it a bash.

Nice big bed of wild rocket, gently caressed in the above dressing and topped with a gentlemans portion of smoked haddock. Half a granary bun on the side for company.

Absolutely lushville.

Having the same for supper minus the bread. I always forget how gorgeous wild rocket is and combined with this lemon dressing and hot smoked haddock is truly amazing.

Yum Yum

Now that you mention rocket, there's a pizza they do at Pizza Express that's head and shoulders above the rest of their fare. Pancetta, roasted tomatoes, rocket, grana padano and Caesar dressing (though ask for the dressing on the side as otherwise it comes swimming in the stuff). Lovely jubbly. :D

Tomorrow I shall be making whatever you call sag aloo with chicken in it. Chicken, spinach and new potato curry, I suppose, since there's probably nowt authentic about it. :icon_lol:

Now that you mention rocket, there's a pizza they do at Pizza Express that's head and shoulders above the rest of their fare. Pancetta, roasted tomatoes, rocket, grana padano and Caesar dressing (though ask for the dressing on the side as otherwise it comes swimming in the stuff). Lovely jubbly. :D

Tomorrow I shall be making whatever you call sag aloo with chicken in it. Chicken, spinach and new potato curry, I suppose, since there's probably nowt authentic about it. :icon_lol:

cock sag au loo?

cock sag au loo?

Then you're visiting the wrong cubicles.

Making sausage casserole tonight. No doubt I'll chuck a few extra ingredients in. I love a casserole, it's about the only thing I can make that doesn't involve sticking to a recipe.

Can't say I was thrilled with it. :D

190211a.jpg

Tasted alreet though.

Am doing a moghul curry, a sort of adaptation of a mullah do pyaza. Shoulder of lamb done with onions, ginger, garlic, yogurt, tomato, raisins, with cumin, tumeric, cloves, coriander, etc.

Leazes will be proud :D

That sounds amazing. Really enjoying making curries from scratch these days.

Madhur Jaffrey's Curry Bible book is great for that .

A one stop shop to curry nirvana .

Regional variations, authentic and traditional . Fairly easy to follow too .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having said that - this is a tried and tested favourite 'hybrid' - Lamb & Spinach curry by James Martin .

Kinda 'process driven' but worth the effort . (Never bothered with the pomegranate seeds though !)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/lambcurrywithbasmati_84339

Am doing a moghul curry, a sort of adaptation of a mullah do pyaza. Shoulder of lamb done with onions, ginger, garlic, yogurt, tomato, raisins, with cumin, tumeric, cloves, coriander, etc.

Leazes will be proud :D

Best in the clay oven.

Making sausage casserole tonight. No doubt I'll chuck a few extra ingredients in. I love a casserole, it's about the only thing I can make that doesn't involve sticking to a recipe.

Can't say I was thrilled with it. :D

190211a.jpg

Tasted alreet though.

Better with Spanish sausage sweetie.

Chicken breast stuffed with "extra light phillie", seasoned, 25 minutes, done.

phototym.jpg

(serve with tagliatelle and peppers)

Looks bland as fuck.

It did, but it got lovely golden brown by the time it was done. Tasted bloody lovely as well.